Learner’s + Intermediate Drive Friday the 27th of Sept. 2013

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Day and date : Friday, the 27th of Sept. ‘2013
    Drive Type : Learner’s + Intermediate Drive in the Red Dunes of Al Badayer, starting from Tawi Nazwa to Pink Rocks and on up to Al Faya.
    Meeting Point : Tawi Nazwa Shops on E44 Dubai-Hatta Road, This is on your right about 10 kms after the Lehbab Round About, going towards Hatta.

Meeting Point Co-Ordinates :
    Lat/Lon hddd.ddddd
    Latitude Longitude
    N 24ยฐ99’783″ E 55ยฐ66’198″
    Lat/Lon hddd.mm.mmm
    N 24.99815 E 55.660750

Complete meeting point location details at:
    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=205523598598372555574.0004c2a780722d6fe4870

Meeting Time : 15:45Hrs.
    Drive Start: 16:00Hrs.
    Drive Route: Tawi Nazwa to Pink Rocks to Al Faya.
    Drive Terrain: Nice picturesque Red Dunes and Tracks.
    Duration: 2:30 hours, 150 minutes approx.
    Drive ends at Sundown approx. 18:30Hrs.

Checklist:-
    a) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in serviceable condition, with tow hooks at front & rear and with the spare tyre.
    b) Compatible Radio is a must.
    c) Carry all necessary offroad gears, in good condition.
    d) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).
    e) Full Tank fuel must

Please read the following and register for the drive:-
    Equipments that one needs to carry for offroading
    Rules Of The Trip
    Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer

September 23, 2013 at 6:50 am #27372

Ammmm its looking nice ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

September 23, 2013 at 11:47 am #27375

Am moving this weekend and so cant join ๐Ÿ™

Have fun guys and enjoy the :drive:

September 23, 2013 at 5:11 pm #27382

Ive just joined!!! Lets have fun!!

September 24, 2013 at 12:23 pm #27385

I’m coming, but please no trees and no abandoned cars left in a “sand bowl” this time! :thanks: ๐Ÿ˜€

September 25, 2013 at 10:37 am #27393

sure, i will be there. :drive:

September 26, 2013 at 6:52 am #27396
    quote Multani:

sure, i will be there. :drive:

please let us know with whom you are going to introduce us this time !

see you !

September 26, 2013 at 8:21 am #27397

Hi

My Brother (Sam) is willing to join us for this trip, he drives a Silverado 1500 …
    he did not register coz he is not yet sure if he is gonna make it ….

And See all Tomorrow

September 26, 2013 at 1:25 pm #27400

ASLAM O ALAIKUM,
    HELLO ALL,
    I am coming so be ready for trouble…. :p
    :)) :)) :)) :))
    Ahmed bahi is this difficult as like last Friday or bit easy….?

September 26, 2013 at 2:07 pm #27401
    quote Saad Cheema:

ASLAM O ALAIKUM,
    HELLO ALL,
    I am coming so be ready for trouble…. :p
    :)) :)) :)) :))
    Ahmed bahi is this difficult as like last Friday or bit easy….?

Hey man, I think you should stick to SZR ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    September 26, 2013 at 9:42 pm #27403

will try to join you guys INSHALLAH

September 27, 2013 at 4:50 am #27404
    quote championdada:

will try to join you guys INSHALLAH

I would love to join you guys, but have a trip to AL Qua….next time insha’Allaaah…Have fun and enjoy the sand. :drive: ๐Ÿ˜‰

September 28, 2013 at 5:20 am #27405

Thank you very much to all of the Fewbee convoy for your company on my maiden full lead.

And thanks to Asharaf, Baher and Razik for their support in second lead and sweep positions.

It was an interesting drive for me trying to keep the drive at a suitable level. We started out towards the big main dunes and headed left going up and around. We had the usual stucks along the route and we did some very nice drops to keep the drive interesting.

The light was failing us fast at this point and so I decided to drop down to the track at the camel farm to Pink Rocks. Due to a few more stucks exiting the high dunes we were held up here where a few people had playtime and the rest just enjoyed each others company.

The drive then turned into a night drive for the last 30 minutes and we made it out safely to Al Faya.

In all the convoy did very well and I hope everyone had a good drive and learned from the experience all they could.

The few stucks that we did have were as a result of convoy discipline and so I hope this demonstrates the importance of following the car in front and not creating your own tracks where cars following can go wrong.

Thanks again and see you next week.

September 28, 2013 at 6:14 am #27406
    quote DuncanField:

Thank you very much to all of the Fewbee convoy for your company on my maiden full lead.

And thanks to Asharaf, Baher and Razik for their support in second lead and sweep positions.

It was an interesting drive for me trying to keep the drive at a suitable level. We started out towards the big main dunes and headed left going up and around. We had the usual stucks along the route and we did some very nice drops to keep the drive interesting.

The light was failing us fast at this point and so I decided to drop down to the track at the camel farm to Pink Rocks. Due to a few more stucks exiting the high dunes we were held up here where a few people had playtime and the rest just enjoyed each others company.

The drive then turned into a night drive for the last 30 minutes and we made it out safely to Al Faya.

In all the convoy did very well and I hope everyone had a good drive and learned from the experience all they could.

The few stucks that we did have were as a result of convoy discipline and so I hope this demonstrates the importance of following the car in front and not creating your own tracks where cars following can go wrong.

Thanks again and see you next week.

Congratulations Duncan on your maiden lead drive, which was successfully accomplished in spite of the difficult terrain and a number of inexperienced drivers.
    Razik was steadfast in his drive support as always.
    Thanks to Ashraf and Baher for their unflinching support in helping out the Learner’s convoy.
    :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

September 28, 2013 at 10:55 am #27409

Nice to meet a new group yesterday, look forward to a few more drives with you in the future.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.