Learner’s+Intermediate Drive on Friday the 13th of Dec.2013.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Sorry guys, but just getting round to posting this now. It’s been a busy week already.

Firstly my thanks to everyone who organised and led the trip, and secondly to those who gave me advice, guidance or towed me off the top of a dune. (Brian you seemed to get everywhere at just the right time!)

For anyone considering getting involved for he first time; DO IT! I was brand new and had a ball. Things I learnt would be listen to the advice given. Concentrate on convoy spacing. Think about momentum and watch out if there has been 17 cars before you chewing up a particularly tricky section. Even the most experienced get stuck. Oh and get a radio!

Overall, I really enjoyed it and can’t wait to get back out next time, when my schedule allows.

See you all in the sand!

December 17, 2013 at 7:11 am #28208
    quote fida:

Thanks Brian,
    Its really important if people can put their comments on drive. though its not mandatory but it will always help the club organizers and leading marshals to have their feedback only. More realistic feedback will only improve the quality of drive and convoy arrangements. Thank Ahmed Bhai for sole heatedly carrying all the responsibilities of club and drive organization.

@Fida
    You are welcome my friend & I second your final sentence ๐Ÿ˜‰

Please tell me what to do with the radio handset other than keep it till we next meet! I’m occasionally on ‘drive about in DXB’ and if I have a daytime location for you it’s possible I’d be passing your way and could drop off the handset!

December 17, 2013 at 7:14 am #28209
    quote Ben Barber:

Sorry guys, but just getting round to posting this now. It’s been a busy week already.

Firstly my thanks to everyone who organised and led the trip, and secondly to those who gave me advice, guidance or towed me off the top of a dune. (Brian you seemed to get everywhere at just the right time!)

For anyone considering getting involved for he first time; DO IT! I was brand new and had a ball. Things I learnt would be listen to the advice given. Concentrate on convoy spacing. Think about momentum and watch out if there has been 17 cars before you chewing up a particularly tricky section. Even the most experienced get stuck. Oh and get a radio!

Overall, I really enjoyed it and can’t wait to get back out next time, when my schedule allows.

See you all in the sand!

Hey Ben, Nice :drive: report bro…way to go, keep them coming, look forward to meeting up again in the sand …in the very near future for a :drive: JUST FOR FUN ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.