Liwa Camping and Drive adventure on 2nd and 3rd of December 2015

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Dear Pervez can we join in first day only and then leave at the end of first day trip ? as am still not sure about if am gona be free these two days ๐Ÿ™‚ which i wish i can as this trip looks awesome !!!

November 29, 2015 at 8:50 am #34278
    quote tambi.ishak:

Dear Pervez can we join in first day only and then leave at the end of first day trip ? as am still not sure about if am gona be free these two days ๐Ÿ™‚ which i wish i can as this trip looks awesome !!!

It is possible but might be very hectic, better suggestion could be Drive and camp overnight and then on the 2nd day morning when we come out of the desert to get fuel and provisions then one can depart for Dubai. It will still take a good 3 hours plus to reach Dubai from the camping spot.

November 29, 2015 at 10:00 am #34279

Dear organizers,

Can you please set a meeting point for the members whose coming from Abu Dhabi ?
    Can we meet you somewhere on the way to Lewa?

November 29, 2015 at 10:48 am #34280

Hey all.
    Can I join also only one day (2nd?). I need to work on the 3rd…

November 30, 2015 at 5:36 am #34282
    quote Ahmad Pervez:

quote tambi.ishak:

It is possible but might be very hectic, better suggestion could be Drive and camp overnight and then on the 2nd day morning when we come out of the desert to get fuel and provisions then one can depart for Dubai. It will still take a good 3 hours plus to reach Dubai from the camping spot.

OK… I’ve just read this post.
    Let me see what I can do in the office to accomodate a return on the 3rd morning.
    I’ll keep you posted.

November 30, 2015 at 6:58 am #34283
    quote extensive7:

Dear organizers,
    Can you please set a meeting point for the members whose coming from Abu Dhabi ?
    Can we meet you somewhere on the way to Lewa?

The meeting point for those joining in from Abu Dhabi will be the ADNOC at Mafraq, given below.
    https://www.google.ae/maps/place/ADNOC+Service+Station/@24.3554971,54.6425123,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x3e5e37c542478139:0xd5eaef2364befaca?hl=en

The expected time of arrival at the meeting point is approx. 9 am.
    This is the ADNOC going towards Sila, on E11, just before the exit to 40th/42nd street.

Please be ready near the ADNOC exit and switch the radio to channel 4, we will announce the arrival of the convoy and the Abu Dhabi members can then directly join the convoy.

November 30, 2015 at 11:37 am #34285

Hello,
    I am keen on exploring the Southern desert this holiday and have not yet been down to Liwa.
    Hopefully there is still some room for a wrangler on the trip. I’ve been sleeping soft in a bed so far, any one got a tip for the best place to get a quality tent around here?

November 30, 2015 at 11:40 am #34286

Cheapest tents are in Carrefour I think (mall of Emirates there’s one).
    Good tent I think AdventureHQ (but a bit pricy).

November 30, 2015 at 11:58 am #34287
    quote eric:

Hello,
    I am keen on exploring the Southern desert this holiday and have not yet been down to Liwa.
    Hopefully there is still some room for a wrangler on the trip. I’ve been sleeping soft in a bed so far, any one got a tip for the best place to get a quality tent around here?

Carrefour has instant pop-up Coleman tents that are great both in terms of quality and price. Coleman is an age-old brand and is known to develop great products for the outdoors. I highly suggest the self pop-up model too, it is a breeze and takes no time. No more fiddling with those poles. I would also recommend an air mattress with a separate pump to inflate. It will make your night’s sleep very pleasant.

November 30, 2015 at 1:22 pm #34288

Its Sad that I have to pull out , I am flying out tonight and will not be available for this trip, Surely all of you will have fun,
    Be safe !

November 30, 2015 at 1:47 pm #34289

That is unfortunate Faheem-ji you will be missed for sure :((

December 1, 2015 at 6:37 am #34290

I’m in but I might need to jump out on Thursday morning!

Anonymous
    December 1, 2015 at 8:03 am #34291

I can’t join ๐Ÿ™
    I really wish I could…. But must work….

Enjoy it guys!

December 3, 2015 at 4:26 pm #34303

Thanks for a great trip! I loved the big dunes and relaxed drive. Ready for new adventures soon.
    I have some elastic hooks that I borrowed that I need to find the owner of.

December 3, 2015 at 4:37 pm #34306

It was a nice drive and in spite of the very large convoy, everyone drove well.
    Can I request all those who drove with us in Liwa and have some photographs to post the photos on Dubai offroaders FB page?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/248053532355/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.