Liwa Desert Adventure on 30th Nov. & 1st December 2012.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    quote Desert King:

quote GKumar:

quote rahulmanan2:

Trip was good and we enjoyed the drive…but i felt some where that people should know some specific Indian regional language to enjoy more or otherwise they should be keep quite….. or be in their own self or to come along with their own group of friends.

But as an member i would like to say thanks to all who made this event extraordinary in my life……Thanks.

Sorry Rahul, I strongly disagree to one of your points.
    I can very proudly state that we at DO are not separated by common society barriers of Language, Religion, Nationality, Gender, Caste etc.. We all are part of one family – DO Family in the community of Offroaders.
    Its upto us, how do we accept others and get involved with them in a group. I am sure Mr.Musbah and Mr.Ryan will agree with me, as they mingled with the whole group very quickly and had good fun too. Thanks Musbah and Ryan :thanks:

I agree with Kumar in this Part…

I think if you can remember, even our funniest part… all of us were used English Language as a common language so everybody could enjoy…. There is NO SEPARATION in DO Family.

The purpose of any language is to be able to communicate & thus inherently unify.
    We in Dubai Offroaders family have close to 30 different nationalities and that is solely because we all speak the universal language of friendship, Courage & adventure!!! We do not need any other language once we understand this.

December 3, 2012 at 12:24 pm #20599

Every trip to Liwa for me will always be unique and memorable. We cherish the memories for the wonderful company of all the participants :drive: :drive: :drive: and inspiring leadership of Mr. Ahmed :thanks: Had a great fun and look forward to next trip before the season ends :ymparty: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

December 4, 2012 at 6:11 pm #20607

Dear GK,

Excellent report, feels like been a part of the convoy… missed a lot due to some commitments…

wish to be a part in similar trip next time. In shah Allah…

December 4, 2012 at 7:30 pm #20608
    quote firoztv:

We joined the convoy from Abu Dhabi, with excited kids at the back seat eager to spread out their new tent. \:D/ :YMDAYDREAM:
    The first dayโ€™s drive was slow #-o with few of the new DO entrants learning :-B to discipline their camels.. The timely re-briefing by our lead marshal B-) surely encouraged the confidence of the team and boosted capabilities :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :thanks: . Once the starting trouble was dealt with, everything was well. Great lead, excellent company and the very favorable weather made the drive and camp one of the best we have ever had. :drive: :-BD

We all enjoyed the night stay and cool breeze and warmth around the camp fire. Hari was very entertaining :)) , and my daughter particularly like the โ€œRing-a-rosesโ€ round the bon fire.. :ymparty: My young kids made friends and played all evening, age not being a barrier to enjoy such a wonderful evening. :O) M/ :-BD

:thanks: Ahmed Bhai for the great lead, good planning :ymapplause: :ymapplause: and lovely camping spot, Alhamdulillah โ€“ the wonderful weather made it perfect. My wife wants to thank Lubna :thanks: for remembering the little ones who were quite hungry ๐Ÿ˜ in the morning.

:thanks: Ashok, Mujeeb and Hari for making the bon fire lively, 8-} :ymparty: =)) and cooking for all

:thanks: Ganesh for your well-prepared additions to dinner and morning ~O) parathas (Kerala parotta)

:thanks: Sridhar and son for their wonderful company and smokeless oakwood bon fire :ymcowboy:

:thanks: Rahul for inspiring our entertainer to do the small talk in โ€œnew languageโ€ that we particularly enjoyed, and still wonder, ๐Ÿ˜• was it Afrikaaans? :ymsmug:

:thanks: Ryan for good company, high spirits, but we missed a pinch of the lovely looking meat you grilled =p~ , may be next time ๐Ÿ˜‰ It was great to have you with us. As you mentioned the DO family culture and enjoyed participating in family time :YMPARTY: we look forward to see you and family in our gatherings and trips :ymhug:

:thanks: Musbah for the wonderful company and hope to see you more often in our drives. It was very kind of your wife to have supplied timely snacks for the children when we ran out of all food supplies :-s :-s on the second day.
    On behalf of the whole team, we thank you for the lunch treat. Being seated near the cashier and the last ones to leave the restaurant, we saw all batches of the Liwa team who came to pay their bills and were surprised ๐Ÿ˜ฎ when told that itโ€™s already been paid. As remarked by Tanseer ji and Kumar, we have got another caring Abdulla. We are thankful and humbled :ymblushing: by your Arabian hospitality. :thanks: :ymhug: :thanks:

:thanks: Harry, Julian and friends for joining us and welcome you to the DO family.

:thanks: Tanseer ji for the wonderful second lead. Many-a-times the apt alternative routes truly supported our lead marshal and kept the convoy moving. We enjoyed your company and thank you for the nice photographs. We appreciate the extra snaps that came out well in spite of running out of film rolls ๐Ÿ˜‰

:thanks: Kumar ji for the wonderful job in making sure everyone in the convoy kept their wheels rolling. :drive: We particularly applaud your smiling face even after tiresome recoveries. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    Ganesh, Sridhar, Ashok and friends too deserve appreciation for their support roles. :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

And finally :thanks: to all DOs who planned this great trip. We missed some of our experienced marshals and friends. Yet this was one of the best trips we had. Looking forward for the next Liwa trip in February, as promised by Ahmed Bhai..

We’ll miss two weeks of fun ๐Ÿ™ when we fly to our home country this Thursday

Thanks for your kind and elegant massages that you have sent across. I really enjoyed the trip being with you and other amazing personalities of DO team members. I have told my wife that DO team refreshed my memories of the old dates when I was in India for couple of years and I know very well that you guys deserve the best of the best. My respect to all Do Team members and We wish you and your respected family a very safe trip and enjoyable journey to your home country.

Best Regards,

Musbah

December 5, 2012 at 7:34 am #20611

Hi, my turn to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to everybody :thanks: It was great experience, unfortunately my english is not so good to explain all what I want, and how we want to go there again and finish our trip :drive:
    As you know, our Jeep was broken, but this is not fault of Jeep it self. We’ve bought it slightly used, and maybe previus owner change front differential, but forgot about oil. It was no even drop of oil there. Inshaallah it will be ready this thursday, and we will join your next trip.

December 5, 2012 at 7:38 am #20612

One more question. That silver Toyota Prado, how many cylinder it was 6 or 4? I was surprised how easy it was climbing and riding there :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

December 5, 2012 at 8:12 am #20617
    quote Hunter:

One more question. That silver Toyota Prado, how many cylinder it was 6 or 4? I was surprised how easy it was climbing and riding there :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Hi Ali, nice to know your ride will be OK very soon ๐Ÿ™‚ Look forward to see you back with us in sands :ymhug:
    Well, when it comes to offroading the driver matters more than the ride ๐Ÿ˜‰ That’s the simple reason you see the 2.7L Prado climbing high dunes effortlessly in experienced hands of Sridhar :ymblushing:

December 7, 2012 at 6:18 pm #20656

Hey DO’s, awesome trip, will definitely join you again for a few more when the government (read ball and chain) allows me time off.
    Good bunch of people, hats off to all who were there.
    Hopefully see you all again soon
    Ryan

December 7, 2012 at 6:33 pm #20657

Hi Ryan – It was our pleasure to have you with us for this drive. Look forward to drive with you again, very soon ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thanks for your wonderful company and great support to the convoy :thanks: :drive: :drive: :drive:

December 8, 2012 at 12:17 am #20659

Hahahahahhahahahh

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.