Looking for 2014 2015 jeep wrangler ir fj cruiser

• Author

Prefer manual. Any help appreciated

November 26, 2015 at 10:09 am #34255

Dubizzle?

November 26, 2015 at 5:49 pm #34261

Yea, checking dubizzle two or three times a day. Nothin good so far.

November 27, 2015 at 6:17 am #34264

I would go for a Manual FJ without any hesitation, I have been driving a TRD specs Manual FJ for the last 4 years now and it is one of the most capable cars around and with the peace of mind that comes with Toyota reliability.
    There are a number of options on Dubizzle,
    https://uae.dubizzle.com/motors/used-cars/toyota/fj-cruiser/?site=–&s=MT&rc=140&c1=1584&c2=1594&price__gte=&price__lte=&year__gte=&year__lte=2016&kilometers__gte=&kilometers__lte=&seller_type=&keywords=&is_basic_search_widget=0&is_search=1&added__gte=&auto_agent=&transmission_type=378

November 28, 2015 at 5:04 am #34270

Hi,
    As a manual fj owner i would recommend naturally manual fj. If you go for manual the most tricky point is the clutch and knowing how to use your left foot especially while off-roading. Although I am driving manual since I learned driving, I was almost going to burn my clutch on my first off-road drive. Despite so many smokes and smells from the clutch after my first drive I am still with the same clutch. But of course this shouldn’t be repeated.Otherwise this would cost around 5.000 aed replacing the clutch at the dealer. On the other hand manual fj is all time 4 wheel drive car, which gives more safety on the road as well, accordingly a bit more fuel consumption.
    With manual you have full control of the gear and power under your right hand and foot, where you can precisely push to the limits particularly during intermediate and upper level drives.
    These are the things I can share from a manual fj driver’s perspective.
    Jeep is also a good and capable car as well, which was also in my list but with the pentastar engine.
    At the end this will be your own decision.
    Regards,
    Mustafa

November 28, 2015 at 6:43 am #34272

Thanks for the info. Dont think ill have problems with using the clutch. In 39 years only had 4 autos. Two i built for a cple of my race cars. All of my past trucks were manual. Even the one one of my dads i used to hotwire and sneak off to go mudding when i was 15. Sand is new to me but done lots of mudding and very technical rock crawling where manuals definitely rule.

November 28, 2015 at 6:46 am #34273

Thanks for the info. Dont think ill have problems with using the clutch. In 39 years only had 4 autos. Two i built for a cple of my race cars. All of my past trucks were manual. Even the one one of my dads i used to hotwire and sneak off to go mudding when i was 15. Sand is new to me but done lots of mudding and very technical rock crawling where manuals definitely rule.

November 28, 2015 at 6:53 am #34274

Before i can decide between jeep or fj i need to check on parts availability in Russia. We can send two cars there tax free per year. I would use it on home trips for mud/marsh, rock crawling and playing in the snow. But it needs to do well on sand for a year or two.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.