MARSHAL’S — SHOW US THE PATH

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

L-) We have Intermediate, Advanced & Learners drive on every week, Since learners drive is less in nowadays, Is it possible to come to intermediate drive as a co-driver/Front Seat passenger, So that slowly learners will learn & will study the techniques used in those kind of drives and will avoid any panic behavior during the early stage drives aka confident booster. :yesss: :yesss:

If the marshals/members are driving alone, & willing to have a camel ๐Ÿ˜€ sitting next to them (Eating shrubs), Then the sand bugs can join with them for conquering the dunes rather than keeping the sand bugs to sitting idle in the farm and watching the movies which already seen when the morning seasons are dedicated to dunes.

The only difficulty is that drives starts at one point & end at another, So pick-up & drop-back will have a concern, & if its manageable then the day is ours.. :ymdevil:

March 21, 2013 at 8:01 am #24779

Interesting point deserves discussion, consideration, and action.

:ymapplause: :ymapplause:

March 21, 2013 at 8:18 am #24780

Dear David,

We have regular drives for newbee+fewbee every weekend without fail….. Intermediate and Advance drives are posted on availability of the marshals and senior members…. The newbee fewbee drive posted is for everyone to register and have fun so that no one miss the sand any weekend….

But if people are busy friday afternoons then i believe they have to select their priorities…theres always a drive next week…

Secondly if you need to participate in the drive as a co-passenger with any of the registered members, you are always welcome as far as its ok with the driver….. you can check with everyone and if anyone is driving alone, i think they can accomodate you without any hesitation ๐Ÿ™‚

Marshals are always there to show you the path and we are open for any discussion with proper consideration and deserved action….

Cheers

March 21, 2013 at 8:32 am #24781
    quote Ganesh:

Dear David,

We have regular drives for newbee+fewbee every weekend without fail….. Intermediate and Advance drives are posted on availability of the marshals and senior members…. The newbee fewbee drive posted is for everyone to register and have fun so that no one miss the sand any weekend….

But if people are busy friday afternoons then i believe they have to select their priorities…theres always a drive next week…

Secondly if you need to participate in the drive as a co-passenger with any of the registered members, you are always welcome as far as its ok with the driver….. you can check with everyone and if anyone is driving alone, i think they can accomodate you without any hesitation ๐Ÿ™‚

Marshals are always there to show you the path and we are open for any discussion with proper consideration and deserved action….

Cheers

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

March 21, 2013 at 9:07 am #24784

:yesss: Its a very good constructive subject and thanks David for bring it up ๐Ÿ™‚

I cannot agree to your statement – “learner’s drive is less nowadays” We have been conducting atleast one learners drive every weekend and the fixed slot for this drive is Friday afternoon. I am sure there was no Friday to DO without a learners drive during this season :-BD ๐Ÿ™‚

There are different drive level options during Friday afternoon learners drives. As you know, we normally split the registered members in different convoys according to skill level viz. Newbie, Fewbee, Fewbee++ and even intermediate, subject to the availability of Marshals and senior members for convoy support. Any doubt, jump-in for this Friday afternoon drive with more than 30 cars :YMBRINGITON: :YMBRINGITON: :YMBRINGITON:

Its good to remember that we do have members in intermediate and advanced level as well. Therefore we need to have different level drives to different groups. I think we have been doing this successfully. Since we have only 3 slots during weekends, usually Friday morning goes for Advanced / Intermediate, Friday afternoon for learners group and Saturday morning for Fewbee / Intermediate. I think with this schedule, we are having good balance of drives.

Apart from the above schedule whenever there is a huge demand for a specific drive, we always try to accommodate the requests. This Friday morning intermediate drive by Ganesh is a good example to this. Infact, it was not there in schedule but we decided to conduct one more drive on Friday morning, to honor the requests we received. If you can check the list of registered participants for this drive, the fact will be evident to you.

We always welcome member requests to join next level drives as co-driver / navigator. Personally, i believe it a very effective way of learning but unfortunately people only prefer to try themselves rather than observe & learn. We can find a solution for all those logistics problems – Where there’s a will there’s a way!

March 21, 2013 at 9:16 am #24787

Nothing to say, I got an indirect message from the reply… :thanks:

March 21, 2013 at 9:42 am #24788
    quote GKumar:

:yesss: Its a very good constructive subject and thanks David for bring it up ๐Ÿ™‚

I cannot agree to your statement ๐Ÿ˜€

Its good to remember that we do have members in intermediate and advanced level as well. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

We always welcome member requests ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Where there’s a will there’s a way!

edited for brevity
    :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

March 21, 2013 at 9:44 am #24789
    quote DAVID:

No wild guesses, double meanings, indirect messages bro… its all direct here :YMPEACE: :YMPEACE: :YMPEACE: – one of the very basics of safe offroading ๐Ÿ˜€

March 21, 2013 at 9:58 am #24791
    quote GKumar:

quote DAVID:

No wild guesses, double meanings, indirect messages bro… its all direct here :YMPEACE: :YMPEACE: :YMPEACE: – one of the very basics of safe offroading ๐Ÿ˜€

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: just want to add ‘no ego’ to the above :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    :thanks:

March 21, 2013 at 10:22 am #24793

Just my 2 cents.
    My 4th drive with the club was “Intermediate” just cause I have asked for it. I thank a lot to Ganesh and Rob for this opportunity. Due to several “Newbies/Fewbies” participating, the drive had to be slightly revised by Marshals into “Fewbie++” or maybe less… It was still very very challenging for me, made me re-think of my possibilities…
    If you really want to become a Marshal, its quite clear, you need hell of an experience, nobody was born a Marshal, and noticing other clubs I can say that this one is the least political, wasta is nowhere needed for anything from my point of view, and the number of drives is like really enough for someone with talent to become at least Intermediate level within 1 season. Also, in 13 drives you must have made some sort of a close relationship with some Marshal and you might dare asking by phone the opportunity to use their passenger seat. If not, dont blame the club ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s really not the case ๐Ÿ™‚

March 21, 2013 at 10:37 am #24794
    quote brianj:

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: just want to add ‘no ego’ to the above :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    :thanks:

Thanks Brian ๐Ÿ™‚
    How come I missed this very important element ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Without it, my statement was like taking a car to sands without 4 x 4 :)) :)) :))

March 21, 2013 at 10:37 am #24795

No blames to the club or any marshall’s, My suggession was to include a request button in the intermediate drives to be selected as a co passenger as Hamza did it for last Liwa exploration trip..

Its not for me to come for the next or any drives, I think it will improve members abilities. if community don’t have a support, Just leave it. ๐Ÿ˜€

March 21, 2013 at 10:43 am #24797
    quote JustDen:

Just my 2 cents.
    My 4th drive with the club was “Intermediate” just cause I have asked for it. I thank a lot to Ganesh and Rob for this opportunity. Due to several “Newbies/Fewbies” participating, the drive had to be slightly revised by Marshals into “Fewbie++” or maybe less… It was still very very challenging for me, made me re-think of my possibilities…
    If you really want to become a Marshal, its quite clear, you need hell of an experience, nobody was born a Marshal, and noticing other clubs I can say that this one is the least political, wasta is nowhere needed for anything from my point of view, and the number of drives is like really enough for someone with talent to become at least Intermediate level within 1 season. Also, in 13 drives you must have made some sort of a close relationship with some Marshal and you might dare asking by phone the opportunity to use their passenger seat. If not, dont blame the club ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s really not the case ๐Ÿ™‚

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

March 21, 2013 at 10:51 am #24799
    quote DAVID:

My suggession was to include a request button in the intermediate drives to be selected as a co passenger as Hamza did it for last Liwa exploration trip..

Hey David, this is altogether a different topic and a nice suggestion.

Yes, I remember Hamza opened a new post to register the interest for those who are interested to participate in Liwa Trip as passenger. Sadly, there was not even a single registration. This was my point earlier – People only prefer to try themselves rather than observe & learn.

No worries mate, anybody who wish to join as passenger, give us a call or send message and I am sure the answer will be yes :-BD.

If this concept of co passenger is in demand, we can give the technical task to Hamza to formalize it. But lets prove it first.

To start with, if you are interested – join us on Friday morning ๐Ÿ™‚

March 21, 2013 at 11:08 am #24800

Kumar

I think there is a demand for the passenger seat. I personally would love to be able to see how the more expert drivers approach different areas. This is one reason Musbah videos are so in demand. Nothing like a live perspective with a running commentary unless some drivers like to concentrate and drive as a solo ride.

My suggestion would be that the Marshall who is posting the drive can solicit interest from passenger via PM and then allocate passengers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.