Masaken to Sand Mountain || Fri MAR 24

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Day and date: Fri 24 MAR
    Drive Type: multiple level drive depending on member/marshal registrations
    Meeting Point: nahel – al ain rd (E95) || MAP LINK || 24°25’59.5″N 55°39’42.0″E

Meeting Time: 11:45 am
    Drive Start: 12:15 pm
    Drive End: ~6:30pm/sundown

Last petrol station: 24°31’04.6″N 55°30’53.9″E
    Drive Route: from masaken at (E95) heading west to al nagrah (sand mountain) and if time permits to ronin’s hill, exiting at sweihan – al ain rd (E16)
    Drive Terrain: soft sands and sabkhas, medium technical and large dunes

DO MARSHALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY PARTICIPATION OF ANY ILL-EQUIPPED OR UNSUITABLE VEHICLE!

-PLEASE BE THERE ON TIME! MEETING POINT IS AT LEAST 1:30HRS AWAY FROM DUBAI, SO PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY
    -A FULL TANK OF FUEL IS A MUST!
    -IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU CARRY A COMPATIBLE RADIO TUNED TO DO FREQUENCIES FOUND HERE (RADIO FREQUENCIES) PLEASE READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL AND GET ACQUAINTED WITH THE VARIOUS FUNCTIONS OF THE DEVICE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW TO MANUALLY INPUT A FREQUENCY!! ANYONE WITHOUT A PROPERLY CONFIGURED RADIO, WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE, FOR SAFETY REASONS!

Checklist:
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure it’s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gear / recovery equipment in good working condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Hope to see you all there for some Friday fun \M/

March 21, 2017 at 8:29 am #38491

I’m in!

March 21, 2017 at 10:29 am #38493

Such a nice area which I wish to attend =p~ but no the LIWA :p Have a good drive guys

Anonymous
    March 21, 2017 at 12:11 pm #38495

@Dan : glad to see you changed from Liwa to Sand Mountain, will be great to drive with you again.
    Although I will have guests, so probably the Fewbie convoy will be the right level for us this time.

March 22, 2017 at 5:41 am #38499

Joe it looks fantastic. just a wildcard question .? Due to early start I might not be able to join but is there a planned stop that I or others could meet you guys at a couple of hours later ? No worries if not . Thanks

March 22, 2017 at 1:55 pm #38504
    quote Neasboy:

Joe it looks fantastic. just a wildcard question .? Due to early start I might not be able to join but is there a planned stop that I or others could meet you guys at a couple of hours later ? No worries if not . Thanks

apologies Aron, this might not be possible as we would be deep in the desert by then

March 22, 2017 at 2:36 pm #38505

Sh*** I’ll miss this awesome drive. Enjoy !!

March 23, 2017 at 6:02 am #38508

Hi,

Sorry, I have to remove my name. I have to be back in Dubai at 7pm.

Enjoy the fantastic Area

March 23, 2017 at 7:37 am #38509

@Intermediate/advanced guys, please make sure you arrive with a full tank of fuel – don’t floor it from the last gas station to the meeting point 😉
    We might take a longer (more fun) route this time. If you have Jerry cans at home, a 20L can should be more than enough – this is not necessary but whoever has one, I advise you to get it.
    See you all tomorrow!

March 23, 2017 at 9:54 am #38510
    quote John.Xterra:

@Intermediate/advanced guys, please make sure you arrive with a full tank of fuel – don’t floor it from the last gas station to the meeting point 😉
    We might take a longer (more fun) route this time. If you have Jerry cans at home, a 20L can should be more than enough – this is not necessary but whoever has one, I advise you to get it.
    See you all tomorrow!

Enjoy !! this little hint will make me regret even more the fact I am not able to make it… so enjoy double for those who can’t be there !

Have a safe drive! :drive:

March 23, 2017 at 10:46 am #38511
    quote Sebastien:

quote John.Xterra:

See you all tomorrow!

Enjoy !! this little hint will make me regret even more the fact I am not able to make it… so enjoy double for those who can’t be there !

Have a safe drive! :drive:

Sebastien me too.. All i keep telling myself is there will be other great days out
    :(( :(( :((

March 23, 2017 at 5:33 pm #38520

Its my first time with Dubai offroaders, i have the minimum requirements of tools, and went to desert with different groups and had 7 drives, looking forward to have my first drive with DOR

March 23, 2017 at 7:37 pm #38521

@edeg1972, yes it’s been too long! I’m really looking forward to my first time out since october!
    I will probably stick with the fewbie trip too!

March 23, 2017 at 7:38 pm #38522

@edeg1972, yes it’s been too long! I’m really looking forward to my first time out since october!
    I will probably stick with the fewbie trip too!

March 24, 2017 at 4:48 am #38525

Hi jeo, hoping today’s drive is on? Looking at rain, so checking

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.