May 10th Friday Afternoon Newbie Drive – Learners Expedition

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    quote mehuljethwa21:

Can someone please guide me with regards to the most basic equipments required for this ride..as I will buy them today itself…..considering this is my very first drive with DO…..excitedddddddd

Here we go:

quote :

For new bees

1. tire gauge
    2. tire air valve remover
    3. tow belt minimum 6 ton x 6mtr
    4. h/d shackle 2 pic
    5. air compressor
    6. one must know the tow points of their cars
    7. walky talky
    8. offroad gps

May 9, 2013 at 10:43 am #26526
    quote mehuljethwa21:

Can someone please guide me with regards to the most basic equipments required for this ride..as I will buy them today itself…..considering this is my very first drive with DO…..excitedddddddd

Sorry to contradict Hamza on this. Since this will be your first time, no need to buy anything. First, see if you like it and then you can start spending money. What Hamza listed is the ideal equipment for newbies, but not mandatory. What your car must have is towing point in front and in the back. You don’t have those, you can’t enter the desert.

See you

May 9, 2013 at 11:03 am #26527
    quote Robinson:

quote mehuljethwa21:

Sorry to contradict Hamza on this. Since this will be your first time, no need to buy anything. First, see if you like it and then you can start spending money. What Hamza listed is the ideal equipment for newbies, but not mandatory. What your car must have is towing point in front and in the back. You don’t have those, you can’t enter the desert.

See you

I am pretty sure of the towing points on my car….I do have them soooo that gets me all the more excited…..and yeah that sounds sensible….to check it out first and then spend some money…. :thanks:

May 9, 2013 at 11:11 am #26528
    quote mehuljethwa21:

quote Robinson:

quote mehuljethwa21:

See you

I am pretty sure of the towing points on my car….I do have them soooo that gets me all the more excited…..and yeah that sounds sensible….to check it out first and then spend some money…. :thanks:

Hello Mehul, on the first initial post from Rob, you can see a link that will take you to a page showing the equipment required (in some cases recommended) for each level. Here is the link in case you missed it http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2208

See you tomorrow

May 9, 2013 at 11:27 am #26529

See you[/quote]

I am pretty sure of the towing points on my car….I do have them soooo that gets me all the more excited…..and yeah that sounds sensible….to check it out first and then spend some money…. :thanks:[/quote]

Hello Mehul, on the first initial post from Rob, you can see a link that will take you to a page showing the equipment required (in some cases recommended) for each level. Here is the link in case you missed it http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2208

See you tomorrow[/quote]

Hey Bubban…..thanks for pointing that out…..useful info…. :thanks:

May 9, 2013 at 1:47 pm #26530

OFFROADERS, BRING LOTS OF WATER, IT IS HOT OUT THERE!

May 9, 2013 at 4:26 pm #26531

22 registrations for the drive!!!!
    Nice going guys!!!
    :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

May 9, 2013 at 6:10 pm #26532

23 now ๐Ÿ™‚ last minute approval rcvd :))))

May 9, 2013 at 8:25 pm #26536
    quote Ahmad Pervez:

22 registrations for the drive!!!!
    Nice going guys!!!
    :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Pervez sb ! 24 !

Looks awesome especially with 3 Marshals , 2 Advanced & 2 Intermediates +++++++

I can well guess a 3 convoy procession & a nice :drive: & :ymparty:

:thanks:

May 10, 2013 at 4:20 pm #26543

It was a smooth drive this afternoon and we finished earlier than planned. Thanks Ahmad and other marshals to organise the driver. Happy to catch up with DOs as well.

May 10, 2013 at 4:38 pm #26544

Very enjoyable drive today ๐Ÿ™‚ Organization was top notch!

Thanks Robinson and DO Friends!! :thanks:

Tommi

May 10, 2013 at 5:35 pm #26545

Hi all!

Another weekend, another spectacular drive… Everyone was assembled at Tawi Nazwa on time, and after a short briefing, we were off.

We were in Marshal Thanseer’s convoy, with myself as second lead, Mehul, Adil, Leo, Dennis, Avinash and Amin as Sweep. As this was a Newbee drive, we set of at an easy and relaxed pace, through small dunes and short crests, all the way till Pink Rock, where we caught up with Marshal Ahmed’s convoy. From there on, after the climb, the pace picked up :drive: , and we started tackling higher dunes in the area of Big Red. Everyone handled the drive pretty well, with only a spot of bother at the bowl behind Big Red, but I feel that all in all. every one drove brilliantly.

:thanks: to Thanseer for the route and allowing me to be second lead…
    :thanks: to Amin as the sweep, Job well done…
    Kudos :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: to every one else in the convoy, there were some pretty steep climbs and slopes at the end, which were all tackled with aplomb!

Till next week ๐Ÿ˜€ …

May 10, 2013 at 6:01 pm #26546

I arrived at the Tawi Nazwa shops at 3pm .
    Exchanged greeting … chit chat … followed by more chatting ๐Ÿ˜€ … marshals briefing and we set off behind Marshal Thanseer to the deflation point .

The group was split into three convoys , lead by Marshals Ahmed Pervez, Thanseer and Robinson.

I was part of convoy3 which included :-

Robinson (lead)
    Myself
    Colin
    Milos
    Jason
    Tommi
    Ian
    Matthews (sweep)

From the deflation point we entered the desert at 3:45pm and meandered our way to Pink Rocks in the safe hands of our lead marshal Robinson – who continuously ensured that the path he carved out was within the capabilities of the newbies in our convoy . We briefly paused after ascending the Pink Rocks and waited for Marshal Ahmed’s convoy . Thereafter we proceeded to Big Red where we all were able to reach the top under the watchful eyes of Robinson … And as reward for our achievement , Robinson pulled out a large plastic bag which everyone enthusiastically filled with all the litter we could find . ๐Ÿ˜€
    … Back down and to the inflation point opposite the Badayer shops at 6:30pm

The entire convoy drove extremely well and maintained convoy discipline throughout the drive. :ymapplause: … It was a pleasure driving with you all.

:thanks: to Marshal Robinson for organising this drive
    :thanks: to Marshals Ahmed , Thanseer and Robinson for ensuring another safely executed event
    :thanks: to Matthews and other senior members for the support
    :thanks: to my fellow offroaders for the great company

May 10, 2013 at 6:48 pm #26547

It was a nice newbie drive.
    I would like to give special :thanks: to Mathews, Sri and Amin for coming to “work” today. It is very important to have senior members helping out in newbie/ fewbee drives.

Thanks to Iqsaan for being a great co-lead and to Mathews for being my sweep today.

Hope everybody enjoyed this nice and safe drive.

May 10, 2013 at 7:59 pm #26548

Amazing amazing experience and a wonderful drive…..a few glitches and a few bruises to my car but that’s acceptable….enjoyed every bit if it….and looking forward to my next drive….thank u guys…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.