May 10th Friday Afternoon Newbie Drive – Learners Expedition

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

What a great afternoon drive this was :-BD :-BD

We started off by meeting up at Tawi for some chit chat and greeting some of our new friends who were on their first drive with DO.

Thanseer then led us to our deflation point where all the drivers gathered in their respective convoys. I was in Thanseer’s convoy which was second lead by Rakesh in his beautiful new beast, followed by Mehul, Adel, Leo, Dennis, Avinash and myself sweeping in the back.

After some explanation about deflation with our newbees, we then proceeded out towards the dune. It started out pretty mellow with Thanseer selecting a nice smooth path in order to allow for everyone to get into the groove of things.

I have to say we had a great group of people with everyone doing really wonderful, even when the pace picked up and we started tackling some slightly more challenging terrain.

We eventually arrived at Pink Rock where we met up with Ahmad’s convoy. Had a small break and then proceeded up the hill onto the other side and towards Big Red.

Once at Big Red, Thanseer lead the convoy to the “back side” of Big Red where everyone’s driving skills were put to the test and once again, the newbees performed admirably. Had a small incident with a car getting stuck at the bottom of a bowl but nothing that couldn’t be overcome thanks to Thanseer’s characteristic calm demeanor and experience.

We ended the drive by the side of the road opposite the Badayer shops, where we said our goodbyes and parted ways.

I attribute this wonderful drive to the great lead of Thanseer who made sure we all got back safely, Rakesh’s amazing second lead, which many people tend to forget is the position that actually sets the pace and is the one the convoy follows. I believe also the smooth communication within the team was a contributing factor and last but not least the great team of people we had on the drive.

:thanks: to all the marshals, leads, sweeps and drivers for your great company
    :thanks: Thanseer and Rakesh for your guidance in our convoy
    :thanks: Rob for organising this event
    and :thanks: Ahmad for your usual support in making all of us feel welcome in this club

See you soon :-H

May 12, 2013 at 8:34 am #26561
    quote bubban:

What a great afternoon drive this was :-BD :-BD

We started off by meeting up at Tawi for some chit chat and greeting some of our new friends who were on their first drive with DO.

Thanseer then led us to our deflation point where all the drivers gathered in their respective convoys. I was in Thanseer’s convoy which was second lead by Rakesh in his beautiful new beast, followed by Mehul, Adel, Leo, Dennis, Avinash and myself sweeping in the back.

After some explanation about deflation with our newbees, we then proceeded out towards the dune. It started out pretty mellow with Thanseer selecting a nice smooth path in order to allow for everyone to get into the groove of things.

I have to say we had a great group of people with everyone doing really wonderful, even when the pace picked up and we started tackling some slightly more challenging terrain.

We eventually arrived at Pink Rock where we met up with Ahmad’s convoy. Had a small break and then proceeded up the hill onto the other side and towards Big Red.

Once at Big Red, Thanseer lead the convoy to the “back side” of Big Red where everyone’s driving skills were put to the test and once again, the newbees performed admirably. Had a small incident with a car getting stuck at the bottom of a bowl but nothing that couldn’t be overcome thanks to Thanseer’s characteristic calm demeanor and experience.

We ended the drive by the side of the road opposite the Badayer shops, where we said our goodbyes and parted ways.

I attribute this wonderful drive to the great lead of Thanseer who made sure we all got back safely, Rakesh’s amazing second lead, which many people tend to forget is the position that actually sets the pace and is the one the convoy follows. I believe also the smooth communication within the team was a contributing factor and last but not least the great team of people we had on the drive.

:thanks: to all the marshals, leads, sweeps and drivers for your great company
    :thanks: Thanseer and Rakesh for your guidance in our convoy
    :thanks: Rob for organising this event
    and :thanks: Ahmad for your usual support in making all of us feel welcome in this club

See you soon :-H

Kind words, thanks! Second lead is quite a bit of fun, not only are you trying to keep up with the Marshal, your also trying to keep an eye out on what’s ahead of him, as well as what’s happening behind you!

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.