midweek madness || Wed MAY 11

• Author

Date: Wednesday MAY 11
    Drive Type: depends on convoy performance
    Meeting Point: seih shueib truck rd. || MAP LINK || 24ยฐ43’31.6″N 55ยฐ07’21.8″E

Meeting Time: 8:30pm
    Drive Start: 8:45pm sharp!
    Drive End: ~midnight
    Duration: ~3:00hrs

Drive Route: truck road – murqqab
    Drive Terrain: medium technical dunes, big dunes
    Finish point: E66 highway, murqqab || MAP LINK || 24ยฐ47’03.4″N 55ยฐ35’45.9″E

OFFROAD LIGHTING IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    NEWBIE REGISTRATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO MARSHAL APPROVAL!

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU CARRY A COMPATIBLE RADIO TUNED TO DO FREQUENCIES FOUND HERE (RADIO FREQUENCIES) PLEASE READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL AND GET ACQUAINTED WITH THE VARIOUS FUNCTIONS OF THE DEVICE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW TO MANUALLY INPUT A FREQUENCY!! ANYONE WITHOUT A PROPERLY CONFIGURED RADIO, WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE, FOR SAFETY REASONS!

Checklist:
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure itโ€™s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gear / recovery equipment in good working condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Hope to see you all there for some midweek fun \M/

May 10, 2016 at 11:47 am #35850

Aywa ba2aaa was waiting for this post :))

Sent from my D6633 using Tapatalk

May 10, 2016 at 5:32 pm #35851

Wow seems more close to Abu Dhabi Hihihu I like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 11, 2016 at 4:17 am #35852

I’ll be out of town for a couple of weeks. Gonna miss the sand till then! ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™

May 11, 2016 at 4:20 am #35853

Looks a long drive. Looking forward to it.

May 11, 2016 at 10:04 am #35856

Great lineup :-BD . Its seems to be a long route but I guess there r flat areas also in between ๐Ÿ˜• Hope we will finish it on time :YMPRAY: . Where are u @jurassic this time? @dedw8 @Sahil4959 @matthewficco will miss u guys :ymhug:

May 11, 2016 at 4:13 pm #35858

Sorry Guys I don’t think I can make it. Will join next week ๐Ÿ™

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 13, 2016 at 2:53 am #35863

This ending up being one of those epic journeys that Joe seems to always delivers on. All seven cars ready to move off at the designated time, Joe in front, myself in second lead and Greg and Francis Sweeping at the back

The start of the drive, relatively free flowing dunes with light fine grain sand that slowly but surely turned into extremely technical dunes with unpredictable edges and so many steps that broke momentum and kept all the drivers on their toes. The blue lights of the LEDs struggled to bring out the detail in the sand and those small steps were waiting for all of us when we weren’t at our peak of concentration.

These technical dunes seems to go on forever. At one point on a rise my LED lights lit up the surrounding area and for as far as the eye could see were an angry sea of technical dunes! It was one of those moments that you gasp and suck in some air and prepare yourself mentally for. Despite the relatively experience of the drivers, there were a few stucks that were dealt with my the able winch of Francis’ F-150. As second lead, I didn’t get the see many of the situations that we all got into and used the breaks in the drive to recharge my concentration as we headed past midnight.

Towards the end of the drive there was some flat stretches of sand that teased us into think that the drive would get easier but these were far too short to make any real impact on our average speed. Finally, after an exhausting drive we made the fence line and the drive came to an end around 2.15 am.

It was a monumental drive and an area definitely worth exploring again (perhaps in the day time next time). Thanks to ALL the drivers for their support and Joe for leading the convoy. Great drive.

May 13, 2016 at 6:48 am #35864

Great write up. the picture isn’t the best quality, but it almost captures all those technical dunes we saw as we entered that final valley.

Attachments:

May 13, 2016 at 9:06 am #35865
    quote gregs167:

Great write up. the picture isn’t the best quality, but it almost captures all those technical dunes we saw as we entered that final valley.

Nice picture @gregs167, at that point I wished I can capture that moment ๐Ÿ˜ก
    Please post it on FB for photo of the week competition ๐Ÿ˜€

May 13, 2016 at 10:15 am #35866

Great writeup @Paul_FJCruiser :ymapplause: . The drive was phenominal and deserve a long trip report :yesss: . I wanted to write a report but got rid of those Jombie eyes @-) after last night sleep only :)) . :thanks: @joe.zeinoun for a great lead. Finding safe route was almost immposible in that area but still u kept us moving and kept the fun going on.
    Also like to thank Francis for his continous support in all our drives by making the recoveries safe n easy. Winch is a great addon for our midweek madness convoy.
    That night my lot of imaginations come true. Like the popout (only 1 that night) dring the trip when we were moving for a long time without any troubles :p and the one of the epic recovery that night when F150 winched itself out by using Jeep as a anchor. The situation was so tricky that even after digging for 20mins nothing moved and pulling out that car using 2 cars was almost impossible :-ss. Looking forward for more madness in the coming weeks.
    Some stats of the trip below:
    Distance covered: 68 kms
    Total time: 5hrs 9mins
    Moving time: 3hrs 6mins
    Stoping time: 2hrs 3 mins
    Avg. Moving Speed: 21km/hr

May 13, 2016 at 2:59 pm #35868
    quote Ankit:

That night my lot of imaginations come true. Like the popout (only 1 that night) dring the trip when we were moving for a long time without any troubles :p and the one of the epic recovery that night when F150 winched itself out by using Jeep as a anchor. The situation was so tricky that even after digging for 20mins nothing moved and pulling out that car using 2 cars was almost impossible

Whilst all of that was happening, I took the opportunity to get some shut eye!

May 13, 2016 at 3:50 pm #35869
    quote Paul_FJCruiser:

quote Ankit:

That night my lot of imaginations come true. Like the popout (only 1 that night) dring the trip when we were moving for a long time without any troubles :p and the one of the epic recovery that night when F150 winched itself out by using Jeep as a anchor. The situation was so tricky that even after digging for 20mins nothing moved and pulling out that car using 2 cars was almost impossible

Whilst all of that was happening, I took the opportunity to get some shut eye!

๐Ÿ˜ฎ We will keep an eye on u next time :AR!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.