Meeting Time: 8:00pm
    Drive Start: 8:30pm
    Drive End: ~11:30pm
    Duration: ~3:00hrs

Drive Route: al awir to lahbab
    Drive Terrain: small/medium technical dunes, long straight ridges
    Finish point: MAP LINK || 25°03’43.7″N 55°35’24.3″E

OFFROAD LIGHTING IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU CARRY A COMPATIBLE RADIO TUNED TO DO FREQUENCIES FOUND HERE (RADIO FREQUENCIES) PLEASE READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL AND GET ACQUAINTED WITH THE VARIOUS FUNCTIONS OF THE DEVICE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW TO MANUALLY INPUT A FREQUENCY!! ANYONE WITHOUT A PROPERLY CONFIGURED RADIO, WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE, FOR SAFETY REASONS!

Checklist:
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure it’s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gear / recovery equipment in good working condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Hope to see you all there for some midweek fun \M/

April 24, 2016 at 5:53 pm #35723

Hope to get my truck back for the drive [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April 24, 2016 at 5:58 pm #35724

Woo-hoo…thx Joe
    :ymapplause: :ymparty:

April 24, 2016 at 7:30 pm #35726

Spent 2hrs in Dragon Mart today for offroad lights . Every shop have a different brand and a new story to proof that they are the Main dealers in the market :-w . Got really confused and thus posponed the plan till next Friday. Will need some advice when we meet next. Hopefully I will be joining this night drive, but again without extra lights #-O .

Anonymous
    April 24, 2016 at 8:20 pm #35727

@Ankit go down to Al Doha in Sharjah… my bro went there last time and was given a good deal for led lights. He said there is a guy from Philippines…. speak to him and he will sort u out. Just fyi… i bought the small led lights for my truck for 600dhs from one of the well known offroad garages. My bro was quoted less than half the price for the same thing. 🙂

April 25, 2016 at 10:33 am #35729

Thanks Joe, for your valued efforts.

I am in

Regards

April 25, 2016 at 5:20 pm #35736

Am in 🙂

Sent from my D6633 using Tapatalk

April 25, 2016 at 7:02 pm #35737

@Ankit Once you enter EB, you’ll see a shop with off-road lights that has Hanma stickers outside it, surprisingly it’s the only one with those stickers, you’ll get good stuff there and about 5 shops to the left, there’s someone selling Toby’s which seemed alright as well.. A 50″ bar with 288 watts goes for anywhere between 100 – 500 dhs 😉

April 26, 2016 at 2:43 pm #35739

Unfortunately my truck will be ready tomorrow and I’m gonna miss this [emoji22] I am so tempted to bring my X5 but the front bumper clearance is just too low. Don’t wanna risk it [emoji16]. Next time Joe [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April 27, 2016 at 12:05 pm #35744

Thanks for a fantastic drive @joe.zeinoun :thanks: . Ur initiative for night drives is commendable ^:)^ . Its a gr8 relief for people who can’t wait 6 days for next adventure 😡 😀 . Also I want to thank everyone for giving your valuable advice about off-road lights :ymhug: .

Yesterday, we were a total of 10 cars. Initially I had in mind that Al Awir is a beginners area and it will be a relax drive. But soon after starting I realized that Night driving is a completely another dimension @-) of off-roading. Limited visibility and the feeling of losing the car in front :-ss keeps you at the edge and Adrenaline ongoing 😀 . In my case it was even more spiced up due to no extra lights on the car :drive: . The major problems yesterday was not the dunes but the amount of plants & bushes in that area :-w . While attempting side crests we had to always keep an eye on the surrounding and have a backup plan ready for safe landing if we loose momentum. Despite of all challenges all managed well and we covered a long distance without any major hold backs. The pace was so good that in between I even volunteered to get stuck on the ridge for some recovery learning purpose 😉 :p . Thanks @matthewficco and @dedw8 (Jatin) for gr8 sweep and keeping the momentum going on.

Now since I have completed around 6-7 months in desert driving and got sufficient confidence B-) . So I have started gaining interest in Navigation part of the trips. I have downloaded a App. on my phone and going through the learning curve. So it came to my mind that night drives can be a best way to learn navigation? As without visibility you have to completely rely on GPS.

Overall I had a gr8 time and looking forward for the next night drive :-BD .

See you guys on Friday. Cheers.

April 28, 2016 at 4:10 am #35750

Nice trip report @Ankit , very colorful :ymapplause: !

I would just like add that everyone was driving phenomenally well :ymparty: It was a tricky area with all of the vegetation but our convoy was smooth :ymapplause:

Getting out of bed the next day for work…was not easy :(( i-) :-w

Thanks Joe for a great drive! :thanks:

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.