midweek night drive || Wed 13 APR

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Day and date: Wednesday 13 APR
    Drive Type: newbie/fewbie
    Meeting Point: MAP LINK || 25.016750, 55.673861 || 25ยฐ01’00.3″N 55ยฐ40’25.9″E

Meeting Time: 8:30pm
    Drive Start: ASAP
    Drive End: ~11:30pm
    Duration: ~2:30hrs

Drive Route: tawi nazwa to big red badayer
    Drive Terrain: small/medium technical dunes
    Finish point: MAP LINK || 24.954874, 55.715434 || 24ยฐ57’17.6″N 55ยฐ42’55.6″E

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU CARRY A COMPATIBLE RADIO TUNED TO DO FREQUENCIES FOUND HERE (RADIO FREQUENCIES) PLEASE READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL AND GET ACQUAINTED WITH THE VARIOUS FUNCTIONS OF THE DEVICE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW TO MANUALLY INPUT A FREQUENCY!! ANYONE WITHOUT A PROPERLY CONFIGURED RADIO, WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE, FOR SAFETY REASONS!

Checklist:
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure itโ€™s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gear / recovery equipment in good working condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Hope to see you all there for some midweek fun \M/

April 10, 2016 at 3:24 pm #35565

I’m in!! See you guys tomorrow! :drive:

April 10, 2016 at 6:20 pm #35567

On my first night drive, I broke my cars upper arm, lower arm, toy, allow wheels and tire as well hihihihi. That was a lesson hahaha. I’m in Joe, you r there to support so I am in ๐Ÿ™‚

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anonymous
    April 11, 2016 at 9:05 am #35568

I am in. ๐Ÿ˜€

April 11, 2016 at 6:55 pm #35572

Hi guys ,know any good place for buying/installing off-road lights ? I would like to attend midweek night drive but have only halogen headlights.

Appreciate your feedback
    Thalib

April 12, 2016 at 6:39 am #35576

[quote=”tsafar”]Hi guys ,know any good place for buying/installing off-road lights ? I would like to attend midweek night drive but have only halogen headlights.

Appreciate your feedback
    Thalib

hi Thaleb,
    im not sure ull be able to get the lights fixed in time for this drive…. however u could still come tryout and decide if u still wish to go for night drives later on… once uve decided u could head down to dragon mart and find the lights u need at a reasonable price. mine are from there and been working fine for some time now. as for installation, ive noticed some of the members visiting best line garage in qusais for wiring and custom bracket fabrication, and they seem to be happy with the results!
    gd luck with that…

peace

April 12, 2016 at 6:48 am #35577
    quote joe.zeinoun:

quote tsafar:

Hi guys ,know any good place for buying/installing off-road lights ? I would like to attend midweek night drive but have only halogen headlights.

Appreciate your feedback
    Thalib

hi Thaleb,
    im not sure ull be able to get the lights fixed in time for this drive…. however u could still come tryout and decide if u still wish to go for night drives later on… once uve decided u could head down to dragon mart and find the lights u need at a reasonable price. mine are from there and been working fine for some time now. as for installation, ive noticed some of the members visiting best line garage in qusais for wiring and custom bracket fabrication, and they seem to be happy with the results!
    gd luck with that…

peace

Hi Joe

Appreciate your feedback, as advised I shall come and see how it goes. I haven’t been for a night drive before.

Looking forward to it

Thanks
    Thalib

April 12, 2016 at 7:23 am #35579

I am in for this trip.

Regards

April 13, 2016 at 2:33 am #35586

I am in too …. ๐Ÿ˜€

Hope this will be quite exciting :drive:

April 13, 2016 at 3:58 pm #35587

Im In too. On the way :drive:

April 13, 2016 at 8:10 pm #35589

๐Ÿ˜€ How was you drive guys?

April 14, 2016 at 2:23 am #35590

Thanks Joe and all the members. It was an amazing drive ๐Ÿ˜‰

April 14, 2016 at 5:36 am #35594

It was a super fun trip! Thanks Joe for leading us safely and Matt for sweeping.

April 14, 2016 at 7:19 am #35595

Last night’s drive was fabulous and it definitely beat sleeping in bed…but this moring was a little tough I-) I-) . We had a surprisingly large convoy of about 12 cars ๐Ÿ˜ฎ . It was great to see so many people out on a school night. It just goes to show anything is possible if you put your mind to it :yesss: We departed Nazwa at about 9pm. Within 5 minutes we had a popout It was no big issue and we were able to sort it out and be back on the sand. Then we had a few second attempts and stucks so Joe tempered the level down a notch to give folks a bit more to find their balance. We set off in the darkness for Pink Rock :drive: . By about 10/10:30 we reached Pink Rock and had a few nice hills to climb :yesss: . The sand was considerably softer in this area and as we ventured on towards Badayer the convoy faced a few challenges of navigating some of the taller, technical dunes and the soft sand :-ss . Needless to say, we all made it safely out by about midnight :ymapplause: . It was great to see everyone having a great time. This was the first night drive for a few of the folks and I think they will be back for more!

Great driving by all! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

A huge thanks to Joe for leading this midweek trip; everyone was very appreciative. :thanks: :thanks:

April 14, 2016 at 7:51 am #35596

It seems like i missed good one ๐Ÿ˜ but it was a reason 8-|
    Good report Matt, gives me a feeling that i was there ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.