Mitsubishi pajero service intervals.

• Author

Hi guys,
    does anybody know if the service intervals for Mitsubishi (in particular 2013 pajero model) need to be carried out more often than according to the service book. Al habtoor informed me that the services need to be carried out every 5000km rather than the stated 10/15000km mentioned in the book. :-\
    I wonder if this is a ploy to get me to service more often or is required to the temperatures in the Middle East? :thanks:

Sceptical me…. ๐Ÿ˜•

Philip

August 16, 2014 at 3:26 pm #30684

Hi Philip,

Unless 5000km is really small amount of kms, it’s true that a more regular oil change is very healthy to ensure a long life to your engine.
    It mainly depends on what kind of oil they use…
    Mineral oil is normal around 5000km, but synthetic is really too fast to change every 5000kms.
    Check out what oil they’re using. ๐Ÿ˜•

Anyways, summer time and sand off roading “burns” even faster the quality of your oil, so I advice to change in shorter terms than on regular road or winter use.
    For example, I change every 6000km and use fully high quality synthetic oil. (Not necesarly every oil change needs oil filter, unless Mistubishi will say the contrary ๐Ÿ˜€ )

Hope this clarifies a bit ๐Ÿ˜‰

August 16, 2014 at 7:04 pm #30686

Al Habtoor Motors cannot go against the recommendations provided by Mitsubishi in their service intervals, there must be some confusion, somewhere.
    Levi is correct.
    Use a good quality fully synthetic oil, I use 5W-40 Mobil 1 and change it every 8,000 kms. along with the oil filter.

August 19, 2014 at 9:49 am #30702
    quote Pbencini:

Hi guys,
    does anybody know if the service intervals for Mitsubishi (in particular 2013 pajero model) need to be carried out more often than according to the service book. Al habtoor informed me that the services need to be carried out every 5000km rather than the stated 10/15000km mentioned in the book. :-\
    I wonder if this is a ploy to get me to service more often or is required to the temperatures in the Middle East? :thanks:

Sceptical me…. ๐Ÿ˜•

Philip

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I will definitely check next service what they are using…
    :thanks:

August 19, 2014 at 11:45 am #30704

Another important thing to worry about is that if you do not service on recommended intervals they can void warranty for you’re car.

My suggestion get the service package it turns out to be much cheaper!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.