Morning Drive – Nahel to Sand Mountain Fri 22nd April

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Day and date: Friday 22nd April, 2016
    Drive Type: Newbie / Fewbie
    Meeting Point: Nahel ADNOC
    Google maps users (just copy and paste in Google maps): 24.518288, 55.513414
    GPS users: 24ยฐ31’05.8″N 55ยฐ30’48.3″E
    Meeting Time: 8:00am
    Drive Start: 8:15am
    Duration: 4 hours
    Drive Route : Nahel towards Sand Mountain and Beyond
    Drive Terrain: Large soft Dunes with Big Bowls and Ridges

On request of our awesome members A morning Drive in the High Dunes of Nahel and Sweihan. The drive has been kept open to all levels but would not recommend this Area to First timers as the terrain is challenging and would prove difficult for absolute beginners.

I intend to complete the drive by 12:00-12:15 hrs in time for Friday Prayers and there are plenty of mosques close to the Exit

Checklist:
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure itโ€™s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gear / recovery equipment in good working condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

April 19, 2016 at 5:18 am #35630

I have signed up for afternoon drive. Do you think we can finish the morning drive on time so that we can join afternoon as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anonymous
    April 19, 2016 at 5:24 am #35631

Thanks Saif for the initiative, I was waiting since a long time for a morning drive. :drive: :thanks: ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

April 19, 2016 at 5:45 am #35633
    quote paskalr1:

I have signed up for afternoon drive. Do you think we can finish the morning drive on time so that we can join afternoon as well?

Francis…..there is sufficient time to make it to the afternoon drive

With your appetite for Fun i think we might need to request another marshal to post night drive on Friday :)) :))

April 19, 2016 at 5:47 am #35634
    quote Saif:

quote paskalr1:

With your appetite for Fun i think we might need to request another marshal to post night drive on Friday :)) :))

LOL then I’m in. If anyone plans to join both the drives then let me know. Let’s have some fun!

April 19, 2016 at 5:47 am #35635
    quote Saif:

quote paskalr1:

LOL then I’m in. If anyone plans to join both the drives then let me know. Let’s have some fun!

April 19, 2016 at 12:27 pm #35636

Yes finally morning drive ๐Ÿ˜‰ but my body clock is it to 11:30 am every Friday, seems like I need to adjust it for this coming Friday for morning drive ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m in…….

April 19, 2016 at 2:48 pm #35637

Anyone going from Ajman/Sharjah

April 19, 2016 at 2:48 pm #35638

?

April 20, 2016 at 1:19 pm #35654

Drive is now Closed…..Look forward to meeting you all at the Meeting point.

April 22, 2016 at 5:09 pm #35709

Thanks to all the drivers for an enjoyable trip this morning

Anonymous
    April 23, 2016 at 4:52 am #35711

Thank you Saif and Avinash to guide us during the drive. :thanks: It was a great scenery, fast paced drive, from flat areas up to the Sand Mountain. We managed 57,5 km on sand without any major problems. Some second attempts and 1 or 2 recovery was only needed. Coming down from those huge dunes was an experience itself and driving next to a good bunch of camels (including small ones) another one.
    The best thing was that we did it in the morning, so that the better part of the afternoon could be spent with family. :yesss:
    I wish we have more such morning drives. :ymhug: ๐Ÿ˜€

Next week I’ll be traveling and returning home on Friday, therefore I am out from the next drive. :(( Wishing you all fun and another safe :drive: with DO.

April 23, 2016 at 6:02 am #35713

Thanks to Saif and Avi and all others who joined for an amazing morning drive. Like Gabor said, wish we have more morning drives.

April 23, 2016 at 7:59 am #35715

It was absolute pleasure to be part of the convoy and be second lead. Thanks @Saif for the wonderful morning drive and appreciate you route selection so entire convoy can move smoothly with maximum fun. Big thumbs up to all participant, you guys drive exceptionally well.

Cheers !!

April 24, 2016 at 3:44 pm #35721

Thanks Saif for organizing such a wonderful trip and Avinash for sweeping. Sweihan is truly one of the places with beautiful dunes. Climbing that sand mountain was real fun and challenging. Looking forward for the next one Saif [emoji4]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.