multi level PM drive || Fri 7 OCT

• This topic has 39 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Jai.
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Got my little pony lifted…..

October 6, 2016 at 10:58 am #36803

Guess who’s back? Back again? Anas is Back with his old lady ๐Ÿ™‚ can’t wait for tomorrow

October 6, 2016 at 11:24 am #36804
    quote anastb:

Guess who’s back? Back again? Anas is Back with his old lady ๐Ÿ™‚ can’t wait for tomorrow

Welcome Back you and your Old lady

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

October 7, 2016 at 6:50 pm #36811

Great drive guys….Thanks Denis & Aanas for the great marshalling…..couple of spectacular recoveries ……..looking forward to many more…Cheers and good weekend…. :ymapplause:

October 9, 2016 at 6:42 am #36812

What a beautiful day to be out in the desert! :yesss:

Having a decent amount of drivers and cars, including 16 newbies, we decided to have 4 convoys: 2 newbie convoys, one fewbie and one intermediate.
    Having had a rather long prelude of chit-chat, meet-ups, etc, we have quickly split, briefed and off we went ๐Ÿ˜€
    Was great to see some long-time-no-see fellows comeback :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
    I took the lead of one of the newbie convoy, with Anas sweeping, and to make a long story short, it was a blast :yesss:

Had it all: smooth mini-roller-coaster to get the drivers a warm-up in handling, some sharp ridges, some mini-ridge-riding, and of course mini-side-sloping, thanks to the terrain which allowed to safely give the drivers a feeling on controlling their 4×4 beasts ๐Ÿ˜€
    Mostly everyone did great :ymapplause: with couple of hiccups, nothing major, the usual learning things :-B
    We occasionally met the other convoys, having chit-chat again and having lots of fun :ymparty:
    And then there was rain!!! :yesss: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
    Big fat drops that produced bruises on my back ๐Ÿ˜€ and sand flying around thanks to the strong wind ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ something that you don’t see more frequently than couple of times a year, we were soooo lucky to be there at that time :ymhug:
    Closer to the end of the drive, it was getting dark and the purpose was to get to the Nahel petrol station, however we got near an area that I knew was full of garbage lying around and it was risky as the broken glass and other debris could have damaged a tyre, hence tried to go sandy, however we only had bigger dunes than our convoy level permitted, so after like an hour of back-and-forth, decided to take the garbage route :-ss In complete darkness, as my roof light turned off and me not willing to spend more time surrounded by garbage and potentially some dangerous creatures, was lucky enough to have found a more or less smooth way to exit O:-)
    Shall mention that 4 radios got discharged in my hands during last 2 hours of drive =)) =)) =))

Thanks a lot to my second lead and sweeper for all of the support, great job guys :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

PS: guys, please update your profiles on the website with a profile pic, attended drives details, it is a way for us to remember and track your performance :ymhug:

Hope to see you all soon in sands!

Cheers!
    :drive:

October 9, 2016 at 7:16 am #36813

@joe.zeinoun , As always thank you for this great day in the dunes!

Attachments:

Anonymous
    October 9, 2016 at 7:26 am #36814

Thank you Dennis for the great report…

Dear members,
    We had almost 30 cars this weekend and I am sure we all had a great drive this weekend. It would be nice to get in the trip reports from the members as this would help the club plan better and also as an appreciation to the marshals who plan these fun weekends tirelessly for all to enjoy.

Just a tip….. being active on the forum also plays a part in your upgrade and not only the way u drive ๐Ÿ™‚ hope this would encourage all to start with their trip reports.

October 9, 2016 at 9:07 am #36815

Awesome writeup @JustDen B-) It was fun to drive in your group yesterday. Many firsts for me – thunder and lightning in the desert, big dunes in the dark, definitely the biggest, steepest descent i’ve driven. :thanks:

At one point @anastb took the wheel of my car and showed me how to drive it properly :)) :)) Thanks for the lesson buddy! It showed me I’m being way too kind and gentle! Looking forward to next time!

October 9, 2016 at 10:22 am #36816

Thank you all it was an amazing experience, and throw my snap-chat vids and pics i got a lot of ppl excited to join DO and the next ride, plus got a lot of passengers requests so i think ill be looking for an off road bus ๐Ÿ˜€ :drive:

special thanks to @baher for the amazing lead and making it easy, safe and soo much fun. cant wait for the next trip.

cya all soon …

October 9, 2016 at 10:51 am #36817

That was indeed an awesome write-up @justden. It was only my second offroad trip with the group and I have already encountered two surprises! The first one was driving after the sun set on the 30th Sep, thanks to @Ahmed Pervez, @Fransis, @Sasha who lead the convoy very well, flood lighting the track as much as they could. The second was being caught up in a stormy weather on 7th Oct , again thanks to @Baher and @Greg, very well coordinated and directed over the radio. In the process met some awesome guys and hope to drive around the dunes many times in near future, Inshallah!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.