multi level PM drive || Fri 8 APR

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Day and date: Friday 8 APR
    Drive Type: multiple level drive depending on marshal/member registrations
    Meeting Point: MAP LINK || 24ยฐ35’03.8″N 55ยฐ44’20.1″E

Meeting Time: 2:30pm
    Drive Start: ASAP
    Drive End: ~6:30pm/sundown
    Duration: ~3:00hrs

Drive Route: hayer to nahel
    Drive Terrain: small/medium technical dunes, large dunes with long straight high ridges
    Finish point: MAP LINK || 24ยฐ35’02.4″N 55ยฐ27’10.5″E

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU CARRY A COMPATIBLE RADIO TUNED TO DO FREQUENCIES FOUND HERE (RADIO FREQUENCIES) PLEASE READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL AND GET ACQUAINTED WITH THE VARIOUS FUNCTIONS OF THE DEVICE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW TO MANUALLY INPUT A FREQUENCY!! ANYONE WITHOUT A PROPERLY CONFIGURED RADIO, WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE, FOR SAFETY REASONS!

Checklist:
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure itโ€™s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gear / recovery equipment in good working condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Hope to see you all there for some Friday fun \M/

April 3, 2016 at 10:44 am #35533

Yyyy… Nice place. Lovely dunes :yesss:

April 3, 2016 at 10:56 am #35534

WOW!! I am definitely up of it. Lets have some fun!

April 3, 2016 at 12:06 pm #35535

Hopefully car will be ready this week. Will confirm Wednesday!!!

April 3, 2016 at 12:12 pm #35536

Thanks Joe. Looking forward to the drive!!

April 6, 2016 at 3:15 pm #35538

fantastic lineup so far guys B-)
    but where are all the newbies ? :-w

April 7, 2016 at 1:49 pm #35539

Hi I’m in. My old profile I am unable to log in it was based on fb. So just created a new profile here in tapatalk. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April 7, 2016 at 3:12 pm #35540

This time I ll also bring my radio ๐Ÿ˜‰

April 7, 2016 at 8:56 pm #35541

looking forward to going out with you guys again.

April 7, 2016 at 8:56 pm #35542

looking forward to going out with you guys again.

April 8, 2016 at 4:29 pm #35546

The trip was amazing ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April 9, 2016 at 11:27 am #35547

What a trip! Was an excellent drive yet again.

Im posting few pictures of the past events, if anyone wants me to remove any please inform me .

GoPro videos are getting edited and will take some time , some excellent footage actually ๐Ÿ˜€ .

Meanwhile, Enjoy

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156723174180048.1073741852.717745047&type=1&l=5a8ee68694

April 9, 2016 at 4:24 pm #35549

It was an amazing trip. Thanks @matthewficco for leading us, second lead and dennis for making sure no one was left behind. Looking forward for the next one! LIWA calling ๐Ÿ˜›

April 9, 2016 at 5:17 pm #35551

Yesterday’s Newbie drive was a very pleasant experience for all. Denis afforded me the opportunity to lead the convoy, which was a great experience :ymhug: Deva was supporting as second lead and Denis was sweeping to ensure we all maintained good order :thanks: .

The drive started out slow, simple, and smooth as you would expect. We had about 10 cars with each driver having a couple of drives under his belt. After 20 mins we had a short break to assess how everyone was doing and the whole convoy was in great spirits and ready to gear up :drive: .

As the drive progressed and the whole convoy was moving smoothly, we upped our game a notch or two, which gave everyone an opportunity to push themselves a bit more and to see a new side of the dunes :yesss:
    We had one technical case, which was to change two of Denis’ tire and one significant stuck by yours truly :(( (I found my car nestled nicely in a small bowl). Thanks to Francis for getting his Big Red F150 lined up to snatch me out :thanks: . Just for the record, both Denis and I staged these events for demonstration and training purposes :))

Our target was to exit the dunes before the sun set and as such, kicked it up another notch and cruised along some tall, steep, and magnificent dunes. As the sun was setting, we took one last break to enjoy the company of everyone and chat about our recent dune-throttling adventure.

It was a great trip, with lots of fun by all. Thank you Deva and Denis for ensuring our convoy flowed effortlessly and excellent driving and great attitudes by all of the drivers! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Look forward to seeing you all on another dune soon :drive:

April 9, 2016 at 5:20 pm #35552
    quote paskalr1:

It was an amazing trip. Thanks @matthewficco for leading us, second lead and dennis for making sure no one was left behind. Looking forward for the next one! LIWA calling ๐Ÿ˜›

Thanks Francis. It was my pleasure and I guarantee you I had an amazing trip with all of you; I really appreciated the opportunity to drive with you all.

Great driving and manoeuvring your F150 through those tight spots :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

See you on the next one!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.