multi level PM drive || Fri 8 APR

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    quote Nylem:

What a trip! Was an excellent drive yet again.

Im posting few pictures of the past events, if anyone wants me to remove any please inform me .

GoPro videos are getting edited and will take some time , some excellent footage actually ๐Ÿ˜€ .

Meanwhile, Enjoy

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156723174180048.1073741852.717745047&type=1&l=5a8ee68694

Great photos Ahmad. You really have a talent for taking pictures. Thanks for sharing!! :drive: :drive:

April 9, 2016 at 5:31 pm #35554
    quote matthewficco:

Yesterday’s Newbie drive was a very pleasant experience for all. Denis afforded me the opportunity to lead the convoy, which was a great experience :ymhug: Deva was supporting as second lead and Denis was sweeping to ensure we all maintained good order :thanks: .

The drive started out slow, simple, and smooth as you would expect. We had about 10 cars with each driver having a couple of drives under his belt. After 20 mins we had a short break to assess how everyone was doing and the whole convoy was in great spirits and ready to gear up :drive: .

As the drive progressed and the whole convoy was moving smoothly, we upped our game a notch or two, which gave everyone an opportunity to push themselves a bit more and to see a new side of the dunes :yesss:
    We had one technical case, which was to change two of Denis’ tire and one significant stuck by yours truly :(( (I found my car nestled nicely in a small bowl). Thanks to Francis for getting his Big Red F150 lined up to snatch me out :thanks: . Just for the record, both Denis and I staged these events for demonstration and training purposes :))

Our target was to exit the dunes before the sun set and as such, kicked it up another notch and cruised along some tall, steep, and magnificent dunes. As the sun was setting, we took one last break to enjoy the company of everyone and chat about our recent dune-throttling adventure.

It was a great trip, with lots of fun by all. Thank you Deva and Denis for ensuring our convoy flowed effortlessly and excellent driving and great attitudes by all of the drivers! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Look forward to seeing you all on another dune soon :drive:

Wow @matthewficco i never thought that one was staged :)) nevertheless we won’t know our capabilities until we are challenged. And that even gave us more insights about recovery. That was again a great trip, I keep gaining more experience specially with my longer wheelbase. My car needs a different approach to get through tight spots but does great on open spots. Traction and power is on my advantage.

Hoping to get more off-road gear and a winch very soon.

April 10, 2016 at 6:14 am #35555

It was a fantastic “newbie” convoy :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

@matthewficco
    leading seconded by @Deva made it possible to cover a long distance on high pace and still have lots of adrenaline :yesss:
    Level kept on increasing while keeping a safe way of crossing even taller dunes by side-sloping :-ss
    That of course was also possible by a surprisingly good spirit and preparedness of drivers :yesss: :ymapplause:
    With just several second attempts and no stucks at all #:-s we could reach the exit point just in time before it got completely dark.
    And oh boy the offroading didnt end-up there @-)
    That road from the exit point to Faqqa’a was it a devilish reminder of the roads I once learned to drive on :ymdevil: Looks like someone dug holes to plant potatoes but forgot to finish the job and left them open, right there on the tarmac :-ss :-ss When I reached Faqqa’a petrol station to meet Alex, he noticed my front axle wobbling and I think my front control arms bushes are shot ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ That should keep me busy for a while (-| sleepless nights
    Bravo to all the drivers :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: and thubs-up for the Marshall of the drive :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: Great job everyone :yesss:

April 10, 2016 at 6:38 am #35557

That you @matthewficco @JustDen and @deva for a great convoy on Friday.

As it is DO’s signature, the spirit was really high and friendly. I also want to thank @joe.zeinoun for an awesome choice of location; the scenery was fantastic throughout the drive! we saw lots and lots of dear and a few camels

The pace of the drive was perfect, Matt kept it really gentle and safe for us newbies. Which was perfect for me to test the suspension work on my car without putting too much pressure on. No one got stuck (except for the “staged” incident of course :)) ) I had a couple of second attempts as did others, and throughout you can see the responsiveness of the marshals giving directions while still maintaining your thinking space (something i really appreciate with DO).

We managed to get out as soon as it got dark. The drive out made sure we still get a feel of the off-road, so we gradually acclimatize to the civilization we’re driving into.

Really looking forward to next week’s plans

Hayek

April 10, 2016 at 12:12 pm #35563

That tarmac road with all of its holes made the dunes feel like SZR. I was thinking it would have been safer to deflate again and drive on the sand than through all of those potholes and chopped us asphalt. :-w

Thanks @JustDen and @Haijekov for your kind words. It was a joy to drive with you! :ymhug:

Great picture of the gazelles btw, it was amazing how much wildlife we saw out there….wow ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.