My shopping list

• Author

Hi all,

As i have mentioned i am due to pick up my 2017 Jeep JK Unlimited next week and am eager to get out on the dunes! :drive:

As far as i have worked out the following is the very basics i should have (i have put where i plan to buy it from). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Walkie Talkie – Motorola. Buy from Dragon Mart and have programmed in the store to DO frequencies

Dune Flag – From either Dragon Mart, Ace Hardwear or Ramy 4×4. I have seen 2 different mounts that seem of interest; both the suction cup style (Dragonmart?) and the mount that attaches to spare whell bracket (Ramy 4×4?)… Which would you advise and what are the pros and cons of each

Tyre Deflator – There seem to be 2 types which are popular:

The singular delator with Gauge https://www.ubuy.ae/en/catalog/product/view/id/1942106/s/Currie-Enterprises-Ce9029e-Ez-Tire-Deflator?gclid=CjwKCAiA6K_QBRA8EiwASvtjZUg5Xuuz418oZXLtQPpEIyYpnJijCjaDRcqF6Zubf1ljFcbPVYdFlRoCXI8QAvD_BwE

Or the 4 small deflators https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/staun-offroading-tire-deflators-scv5-orange-pack-7187403/i/

Again, any advice would be appreciated

Air Compressor
    – There seem to be loads of different types. And can be purchased form many different places. I am very confused as to where to start however it seems like i should be looking at a ‘double head’ compressor for around AED2000. Is this correct?

Tow Rope and Shackles – I Think there may possibly be a set in the boot of the vehicle already f my memory serves me rightly from looking at the vehicle. However, if not, again there seems to be a huge array of choice. Which would be the best and where to purchase from.

Folding Shovel – Assuming i can find one of these at Dragonmart also?

Sorry for all the questions but any help would be much appreciated. 😀

November 16, 2017 at 1:15 am #40466

Hey
    Good to hear that u prepearing before u start dune bashing. It’s hard to answer exactly what u need and it’s very individual subject what to buy. I spent lots of time to understand what exactly I need and change different equipment… From my misarable ))) experience of Walkie-talkie – dragonmart with Motorola is more then enough, if I’m not mistaken EBA-05, chinice lady will tune it for u. Flag is only from Ace and mount from ramy4x4, suction cups are not strong enough!, tyre deflator, take one from dragonmart, which cost 5aed, and buy separately gauge. Compressor- I would not suggest to spend 2000 aed for thing which u not sure, my previous double piston compressor from dragon mart for 280 aed worked as a crazy every weekend for one year. It’s still in working condition if I change valves, but I got good discount on ARB one. Rope – only Viking kinetic rope, have a search on site, Saif is selling it for best price, shackles – soft! I’m using steel one, no issues, but better soft! Good luck, see u on sand

November 16, 2017 at 1:35 am #40467

Alex hit everything there, re the deflator, just buy the tool to remove the tyre valve stem, which is 15 AED from ACE nice and easy, remove stem let some air out, screw stem back on and check pressure (the jeep should come a tool to check tyre pressure).

Only other thing I would recommend is that you become a member of the Ultimate Jeep Club, with them you get discounts in Ramy and ORZ, which will help to save the pennies in the upgrades that inevitably happen with off roading.

Just to further increase your shopping list, in the future, I’d highly recommend budgeting the following if this is a hobby you chose to pursue:

Front Axle Re-Inforcement
    Air Intake
    Lift Kit (2 inch does the job if you’re running 33inch tyres)
    Shocks (fox 2.0 is a cheap happy option)
    With these modifications you can take a jeep very very far in terms of dune bashing.

Enjoy the journey!!

November 18, 2017 at 5:02 pm #40498

Thanks for all your help so far!

Today i managed to pick up the Walkie Talkie from Dragon Mart

I did the see the double gauge compressors there but did not end up purchasing. This is next on my shopping list for sure!

I do not get how the stem removers work. I saw a shop with removable stems and the tool…. however i also did not take the plunge with this.

I ended up buying something like this from ACE:

Will this do the job or shoudl i return it in favour of something else?

Finally i also got the flag pole! 😀

Now i just need to get the car!!!! :)) :)) :drive:

Anonymous
    November 18, 2017 at 6:00 pm #40499

This tire deflator will perfectly do the job. It’s a bit slower than removing the valve stems but you won’t loose them either.

November 18, 2017 at 6:56 pm #40500
    quote edeg1972 post_id=45979 time=1511028004 user_id=24393:

This tire deflator will perfectly do the job. It’s a bit slower than removing the valve stems but you won’t loose them either.

Great thanks! :thanks:

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.