New/Few Bee + Intermediate drive on 5th Sep 2014

• Author

Day and date: Friday 5th Sep 2014

Drive Type: New/Fewbee & Intermediate Drive

Meeting Point: 24.717379, 55.628382 (google maps)
    N24 43.023 E55 37.412 (GPS users)

[map]24.71847,55.62985(Al Faqa Meeting Point)[/map]

Meeting Time: 14.45pm
    Drive Start: 15.00pm sharp

Drive Route &Terrain: Side Sloping, Ridge Riding, Cresting, Big Dunes, Technical Dunes

Duration: 3 hours (sundown)

A New/Fewbee & Intermediate drive level convoy. The drive starts from Al Faqa and shall finish at Badayer Shops for convenience of air refill and refreshments.

Convoy Allocation will be posted on Friday morning so that all who attend know who they will be driving with and at which level. This will allow the convoys to be briefed and the drive started on time. On arrival please deflate immediately and find your lead Marshall and allocated sweep for the drive.

New/Few Bee ( Channel 5)

1. Matthews
    2. Feroz
    3. Razik
    4. Bernd Zither
    5. Tex
    6. The kid
    7. Bahaa999
    8. David123
    9. Pbencini
    10. Bumohd
    11. Taher
    12. Duli
    13. Vijay

Intermediate ( Channel 6) + Advance (Channel 7) – Possibility of 2 convoys

1. Humayun
    2. Duncan
    3. Faheem
    4. Zak
    5. Arvind
    6. Kalandar
    7. Yohan
    8. Saj
    9. Asem
    10. Rajesh
    11. Asharaf

Hope to see you all there for some friday fun.

Please read the following and register for the drive:-

Checklist:-

a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure itโ€™s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gears / recovery equipment in good condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Equipment that one needs to carry for off-roading
    Rules of the trip
    Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer

Sanjay Matthews
    055 5617510

September 2, 2014 at 9:38 am #30766

Guys,

We are planning to drive into one of the safari camps after drive in margham area. Those who are interested to join Safari camp after drive can register your names below. Option to join safari camp or not obviously lies with you. There will be charges for using safari camp. This will be negotiated based on the numbers and will let you know

September 2, 2014 at 11:39 am #30767

Let’s get this party started……….Back in Black!

1.Sajid + 3(for the safari camp)

September 2, 2014 at 2:04 pm #30768

Always looking forward to Drives in Al Faqaa! :drive:

September 2, 2014 at 5:37 pm #30769

Bahaa + 1 for BBQ
    :thanks: :drive: :ymparty: :ymhug: :YMPEACE:

September 2, 2014 at 6:53 pm #30770

when will the camp programme ends ?

September 2, 2014 at 7:03 pm #30771
    quote TheKiD:

when will the camp programme ends ?

Hi Zahir

The safari camps normally wind-up by 8:30-9:00 pm.

September 4, 2014 at 6:55 am #30773

Guys,

The safari camp activity has been postponed for now as Al Faqqa to Badayer is a long route and not sure if all can complete before sunset as safari camps start their activity as soon as sun sets.

We can plan something later and enjoy the safari camp. Sorry for disappointment guys.

September 5, 2014 at 4:27 am #30779

Vijay +1 for Safar if we are going…. sorry for registering late

September 5, 2014 at 7:26 am #30781

Hope I will get a seat on the express…Sorry for the last minute registration..couldnt login as got bit busy with some other commitments…
    Better Late than Never…

September 5, 2014 at 7:38 am #30786
    quote asharafkc:

Hope I will get a seat on the express…Sorry for the last minute registration..couldnt login as got bit busy with some other commitments…
    Better Late than Never…

You are always welcome :drive: ; you’ve got a special seat; we’ll handover the newbee sweep to u ๐Ÿ˜‰

September 5, 2014 at 7:43 am #30787
    quote firoztv:

quote asharafkc:

Better Late than Never…

You are always welcome :drive: ; you’ve got a special seat; we’ll handover the newbee sweep to u ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for the seat..
    May be Razik wil refuse to give it to me…ha..ha..ha..LOL…
    Just kidding

September 7, 2014 at 5:47 am #30790

You know you are bound to have fun when half of your convoy is made up of Marshals :yesss: . It was mutually decided that Faheem would lead the initial part of the drive followed by another marshal taking up the responsibility for the second half. Duncan was at second lead, followed by Yohan, myself, Ashraf and Asem with Zakariya and Humayun taking care of the sweep and recovery duties.

GIven the strength of the convoy, Faheem let it rip from the word go and picked up some great lines across the dunes with a lot of ridge riding along the way to everyone’s glee ๐Ÿ˜€ . The second half by Duncan was in his usual cool manner without a fuss ensuring that everyone makes it out safely. We even had a little bit of night drive at the fag end of our journey, courtesy the two rear flats I had on my rig right next to the Iftar Bowl as I was planning to go up the summit from the rear ๐Ÿ™ .

I was very impressed with Yohan in his SWB Pajero who kept up with everything that Faheem and Duncan threw at him at the third spot :ymapplause: .

All in all it was a great drive which had everything. Long dunes, short dunes, ridge-riding, side cresting, double side cresting, side sloping etc.

For me personally, it was a very clumsy start to the season as I forgot to bring my radio :-s. I held up the convoy on two occasions. Once for making a very embarrassing mistake while near super bowl which caused my car to heat up and secondly for the flats which I mentioned above. Thankfully, Duncan helped me to sort out my J6 before the drive or I am sure I would have been driving with my traction on #-o .

Thank you Faheem and Duncan for the lead. Thank you to Zak and Humayun for the sweep. Thank you Firoz for lending me your spare radio and thank you Asem for helping me with the flats. :thanks:

Keep :drive: ing.

Regards

Sajid

PS : I couldn’t upload the track as Everytrail is not behaving well since yesterday :((

September 7, 2014 at 3:02 pm #30791

Thank you Saj for your excellent drive report as usual.

Its always great to hear feedback on our club drives whatever the comments. Its how we learn as a community and its helps us deliver exactly what you guys want.

I encourage all of you to write your own drive reports as everyone’s experience is different from the next.

:thanks:

September 7, 2014 at 11:47 pm #30792
    quote Saj:

You know you are bound to have fun when half of your convoy is made up of Marshals :yesss: . It was mutually decided that Faheem would lead the initial part of the drive followed by another marshal taking up the responsibility for the second half. Duncan was at second lead, followed by Yohan, myself, Ashraf and Asem with Zakariya and Humayun taking care of the sweep and recovery duties.

GIven the strength of the convoy, Faheem let it rip from word go and picked up some great lines across the dunes with a lot of ridge riding along the way to everyone’s glee ๐Ÿ˜€ . The second half by Duncan was in his usual cool manner without a fuss ensuring that everyone makes it out safely. We even had a little bit of night drive at the fag end of our journey, courtesy the two rear flats I had on my rig right next to the Iftar Bowl as I was planning to go up the summit from the rear ๐Ÿ™ .

I was very impressed with Yohan in his SWB Pajero who kept up with everything that Faheem and Duncan threw at him at the third spot :ymapplause: .

All in all it was a great drive which had everything. Long dunes, short dunes, ridge-riding, side cresting, double side cresting, side sloping etc.

For me personally, it was a very clumsy start to the season as I forgot to bring my radio :-s. I held up the convoy on two occasions. Once for making a very embarrassing mistake while near super bowl which caused my car to heat up and secondly for the flats which I mentioned above. Thankfully, Duncan helped me to sort out my J6 before the drive or I am sure I would have been driving with my traction on #-o .

Thank you Faheem and Duncan for the lead. Thank you to Zak and Humayun for the sweep. Thank you Firoz for lending me your spare radio and thank you Asem for helping me with the flats. :thanks:

Keep :drive: ing.

Regards

Sajid

PS : I couldn’t upload the track as Everytrail is not behaving well since yesterday :((

Couldn’t describe the drive better (Y)

Thank you for the appreciation too, indeed it was a great drive with adrenaline pumping through the top of our heads! Great lead by Faheem & Duncan as always!

It was great fun and thank you all for making it a great convoy with great spirits :thanks: :drive:

See you all soon!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.