New/Few Bee PM Drive on 28th Nov 14

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Drive Type: Newbee/Few-bee
    Meeting Point: Al Faqa Mosque
    Meeting Time: 14:00 hrs
    Drive Start: 14:30 hrs sharp

Meeting Point: 24.716623, 55.620491 (google maps)
    N24 42.598 E55 37.138 (GPS users)[map]24.71703,55.62085(Al Faqa Mosque – Meeting Point)[/map]

Drive Route &Terrain: Side Sloping, Ridge Riding, Cresting, Big Dunes, Technical Dunes

Duration: 3 hours (sundown)

New Bee on Channel 7:
    1. Faheem – Lead Marshall
    2. Sajid – Sweep Marshall
    3. Mustuz
    4. Avinash
    5. Panchoharsh
    6. Renegade2014
    7. Rockland
    8. Nowfalps
    9. Todang
    10. Jawed

Few Bee on Channel 8 :
    1. Sanjay – Lead Marshall
    2. Baher – Sweep Marshall
    3. Joe
    4. Tex
    5. Erik
    6. Ayman
    7. Badboy
    8. Mustafah
    9. Lonewolf
    10. Anas
    11. Vijay
    12. Bumohammed

Hope to see you all there for some friday fun.

Please read the following and register for the drive:-

Checklist:-

a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure itโ€™s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gears / recovery equipment in good condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Equipment that one needs to carry for off-roading
    Rules of the trip
    Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer

Sanjay Matthews
    055 5617510

November 23, 2014 at 5:40 pm #31414

It has been a while I couldn’t join the drives, this seems to be the first convenience I can re-join. :drive:

I will need to re-check my schedule and see if I can register, otw I will have to wait for the next ride. ๐Ÿ™

Thanks for organizing this drive Matthews. :thanks:

November 24, 2014 at 8:50 am #31428

No worries, hope to see you next time.

Cheers

November 25, 2014 at 5:12 am #31440

Dear Sanjay,

Thanks for the great trip – looking forward!

Is it safe enough to take 2 friends along and where do we end the drive? Couple of logistics to organize ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers and see you then,

Jan

November 25, 2014 at 10:54 am #31442

I’m in after one long month break, for some Friday fun :drive:

November 25, 2014 at 1:59 pm #31444
    quote badboy:

I’m in after one long month break, for some Friday fun :drive:

Now I understand why we haven’t seen any videos on the forum for the past month ๐Ÿ™‚

November 26, 2014 at 1:34 pm #31451

Dear Sanjay, I’m so sorry to cancel my registration for that trip because of an issue with my car. Looking forward to drive with you again shortly.
    Have a safe drive.

Bahaa

November 26, 2014 at 4:00 pm #31454

No problem Bahaa :).

November 28, 2014 at 12:53 pm #31466

dear Matthews some thing came up at last moment that’s why me and avinash couldn’t join the drive. we will catch up for sure next event

November 29, 2014 at 6:15 am #31468

It’s :drive: report time ๐Ÿ™‚ .

It was a handsome turnout at the Al Faqa’a mosque yesterday. It was great to see Paul after a long time ๐Ÿ™‚ . His experience and helpful nature always comes in handy on these newbie/fewbie drives. I was also surprised to see Asharaf at the meeting point. He was supposed to be on the morning drive but unfortunately had to return home due to an emergency but not before reaching the meeting point and informing Duncan. After taking care of the emergency, he was back in the afternoon to support Sanjay’s convoy, which meant Baher and Denis were driving with us i.e. newbie convoy :yesss: . Hats off to your spirit Asharaf, take a bow for your commitment ^:)^ . The fewbie convoy had a surprise as well as Brigadier Humayun joined them midway during the drive ๐Ÿ™‚ .

Since the Lead Marshall, Sanjay had already allocated the convoys in advance, the newbie Marshall, Faheem gave a briefing to the members. Now we all know that Faheem’s newbie drives are not newbie drives. They infact switch between fewbie to fewbie+ drives making it all the more fun and challenging for the members ๐Ÿ˜‰ . His concept is clear, if you have taken time off on the weekend and travelled about an hour to reach the meeting, then you deserve to have fun and fun is what we had ๐Ÿ˜€ . The first half of the drive was great and everybody made good progress towards the destination. However, the second half of the drive was characterized by getting sucked into deceptively soft patches of sand in little bowls :ymdevil: . It took us a while to get out of the first bowl where the vehicle required pulling and pulling till it was sure we were out of the soft patch. We had to use two vikings to perform this recovery. It was a good lesson for all the newbies to see how deceptive the sand can be and the recovery method used. Since we lost quite a bit of light due to these stucks, Faheem had a challenge on his hand to navigate us out of the dunes in the dark. It took us a while but we were all out safely to the tarmac #:-S . A few observations from all the marshalls present on the drive :

Simon aka Rocklad – He was second lead and did very well :ymapplause: . This was his first DO drive but not his first time in the desert. He volunteered to be second lead and Faheem obliged.

Marcelo – This was his first time in the sand, an absolute newbie but he did extremely well in his LWB 2.7 Prado. He was also very intelligent with his approach angles and grasped things quickly. Somehow I can’t see his registration for the drive ๐Ÿ˜• .

Jannick aka Renegade 2014 was very confident and had no trouble during the drive :-BD .

Jawed learnt a lot on this drive and about his car. Once you figure your car out, half the battle is won. The rest if application. :ymhug:

Nag aka todang_nag coped with most of the challenges thrown at him. Keep driving Nag ๐Ÿ™‚

Mustafa aka mustuz had a chilled out drive and had no trouble whatsoever. You rocked B-) .

Thank you Faheem for the lead and Baher and Denis as usual for your support :thanks: .

Thanks to Sanjay and Paul as well for a chilled out after drive bbq :thanks: .

Finally a big thanks to Faheem and Denis for the stepney change :drive: .

Members, please post your drive reports and feedback.

Here is the track we did yesterday :

November 29, 2014 at 7:40 am #31469

Dear All,

I was in the newbie Convoy. I really enjoy the challenge of off-roarding and Faheem certainly provided a route that provided that. It was exciting and fast paced and whenever we stopped you could see the enjoyment in all the drivers faces. He took the trouble to provide feedback on how we could all improve our drives and I learnt much. Many thanks for an enjoyable afternoon.

More thanks go to the sweepers who also had a busy afternoon with the soft sand. I had never seen two snatch straps being used together, also thanks to the sweeper who made me feel less of an idiot by getting peaked in exactly that same place I did.

All in all a fantastic afternoon with some special people. Look forward to next time.

Simon

PS – second drive with club.

November 29, 2014 at 4:23 pm #31477

Indeed..That was great Drive..on a nice afternoon..
    Fantastic Lead by Sanjay..
    Its after a while i drove in Faqa..on an afternoon..
    The Lead Marshal have ensured he have carved a route thtt is pefrect for Fewbee convoy to test their skills ,safety and FUN…
    Though the convoy had 10+ cars..I never felt..any trouble in sweeping…it was a well disciplined,happy and enthusiastic convoy…and great team..
    Paul was a great support to the drive..and really experienced offroader…specially that self recovery with a great team work..
    Joe.Ayman..Anas..you guys were of great support…
    All others..great job..
    trust you all had fun…
    Sanjay..great Lead Bro.
    I had fun driving with you..great to see u all..
    See you all soon..Drive safe..have fun..

Sanjay. A request…Lets do a morning drive in Faqa..at your convenience.if possible..so that can cover a bit more distance and spot few more Gazals..and Oryx…I would be there for the support..

November 29, 2014 at 5:47 pm #31478
    quote Saj:

It’s :drive: report time ๐Ÿ™‚ .

It was a handsome turnout at the Al Faqa’a mosque yesterday. It was great to see Paul after a long time ๐Ÿ™‚ . His experience and helpful nature always comes in handy on these newbie/fewbie drives. I was also surprised to see Asharaf at the meeting point. He was supposed to be on the morning drive but unfortunately had to return home due to an emergency but not before reaching the meeting point and informing Duncan. After taking care of the emergency, he was back in the afternoon to support Sanjay’s convoy, which meant Baher and Denis were driving with us i.e. newbie convoy :yesss: . Hats off to your spirit Asharaf, take a bow for your commitment ^:)^ . The fewbie convoy had a surprise as well as Brigadier Humayun joined them midway during the drive ๐Ÿ™‚ .

Since the Lead Marshall, Sanjay had already allocated the convoys in advance, the newbie Marshall, Faheem gave a briefing to the members. Now we all know that Faheem’s newbie drives are not newbie drives. They infact switch between fewbie to fewbie+ drives making it all the more fun and challenging for the members ๐Ÿ˜‰ . His concept is clear, if you have taken time off on the weekend and travelled about an hour to reach the meeting, then you deserve to have fun and fun is what we had ๐Ÿ˜€ . The first half of the drive was great and everybody made good progress towards the destination. However, the second half of the drive was characterized by getting sucked into deceptively soft patches of sand in little bowls :ymdevil: . It took us a while to get out of the first bowl where the vehicle required pulling and pulling till it was sure we were out of the soft patch. We had to use two vikings to perform this recovery. It was a good lesson for all the newbies to see how deceptive the sand can be and the recovery method used. Since we lost quite a bit of light due to these stucks, Faheem had a challenge on his hand to navigate us out of the dunes in the dark. It took us a while but we were all out safely to the tarmac #:-S . A few observations from all the marshalls present on the drive :

Simon aka Rocklad – He was second lead and did very well :ymapplause: . This was his first DO drive but not his first time in the desert. He volunteered to be second lead and Faheem obliged.

Marcelo – This was his first time in the sand, an absolute newbie but he did extremely well in his LWB 2.7 Prado. He was also very intelligent with his approach angles and grasped things quickly. Somehow I can’t see his registration for the drive ๐Ÿ˜• .

Jannick aka Renegade 2014 was very confident and had no trouble during the drive :-BD .

Jawed learnt a lot on this drive and about his car. Once you figure your car out, half the battle is won. The rest if application. :ymhug:

Nag aka todang_nag coped with most of the challenges thrown at him. Keep driving Nag ๐Ÿ™‚

Mustafa aka mustuz had a chilled out drive and had no trouble whatsoever. You rocked B-) .

Thank you Faheem for the lead and Baher and Denis as usual for your support :thanks: .

Thanks to Sanjay and Paul as well for a chilled out after drive bbq :thanks: .

Finally a big thanks to Faheem and Denis for the stepney change :drive: .

Members, please post your drive reports and feedback.

Here is the track we did yesterday :

Saj..
    As always your drive reports are great…Very nice to read thru..as it gives a kinda real feel of the actions during the drive..
    And Very Happy and Many Thanks for your comments…
    Yes..it was a great disappointment to return back from Al Ain meeting point..after wishing the team good luck.with out joining the Morning drive.. as I was longing for that route…But had to return.. as my little one was not well..so had to rush back home to take care of that..However Things got settled later..Alhamdulillah…
    Ofcourse I missed the morning fun badly….but had a great drive in the afternoon..it relaxing filled with fun …Thanks to all of you…

See you all soon..In Sha Allah..
    Drive Safe..Have fun..

November 29, 2014 at 6:57 pm #31483

It was an exciting and relaxing speed drive at the same time with the fewbee convoy. Wished it lasted a little bit longer as the weather was amazing. Nice lead Mathew and support Ashraf. Looking forward to the morning drive. Maybe we ll have a bbq ghazal for breakfast ๐Ÿ™‚ . Cu all soon.

November 30, 2014 at 4:24 am #31486

Thanks Sajid for the update on the drive, your after drives updates are always awesome ๐Ÿ˜€ and it was a pity that we were not there to help you with your stepny . However it was good to see you on the drive and supporting the Newbee convoy. :thanks:

Ashraf thanks bro for your update as well, thoroughly enjoyed the drive with you and appreciate your sweep support. Yes we can do a morning drive on 12th Dec from Al Faqa till we feel we had our fill ๐Ÿ˜€ .

Mustafah thanks for your comments and I am glad that everyone enjoyed the level of drive we did. Join us on 12th Dec for the morning drive to continue the fun we had . Yes if the guys are in agreement we can start the drive early and stop for breakfast during the drive.

All in all thanks everyone for the support and the fun shared. Untill then drive safe.

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.