new radar device on SZR…

• Author

i had the fateful encounter yesterday night…while going to ibn battuta for the dark knight premiere…i noticed it….its after emirates/dnata (when going to AUH)… and facing the second interchange (when going to dubai)…it is taller then the other pencil type radars….its black in color (which i think is ingenious…as nobody can see it at night)…and it snaps from a distance!!!

when going i noticed it…i even thought ‘oh a new radar’…when coming back at around midnight…i was going at 120…and when the second interchange was nearing…i slowed sown due to the new radar…but i didn’t slow down fast enough…yes the irony….shortly after the crossing the second interchange…at around 112kmh and decreasing….KHACCAAKKK!!!! and not only me…but three cars after me also got flashed…

beware of the new radar!!!! looks like this one is in the testing phase…and could replace all pencil type radars…

since i don’t often go to SZR…has anybody else encountered that…

July 24, 2008 at 7:44 pm #6356

damn the dark night..

i watched its premier at MOE Golden Class tonight.. Amazing..

About the radar, i was going slow (as usual), saw the weird looking b@stard but even at 139 it ddnt catch me.. maybe ur luck. was the ticket listed on your registration no?

July 26, 2008 at 7:02 am #6400
    quote mhmdyamout:

damn the dark night..

i watched its premier at MOE Golden Class tonight.. Amazing..

About the radar, i was going slow (as usual), saw the weird looking b@stard but even at 139 it ddnt catch me.. maybe ur luck. was the ticket listed on your registration no?

@ Olga… I think I should borrow your car over during the week to do extensive testing as to exactly what speed this radar goes off.. I will leave your car at BD for you to pick up afterwards… it wil be the one in the car park at the back with the sticker saying IMPOUNDED on the windscreen… cheer :thanks:

July 26, 2008 at 7:24 am #6402

do you mean the widescreen on your car :yes:

July 26, 2008 at 9:32 am #6411

Use a radar detector … :dance:

July 26, 2008 at 10:35 am #6424

im not olga.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.