Newbee + Fewbee Thursday Morning Drive – 24th January 2013

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    quote khshareef:

Ganesh,

As there are 18 cars registered already and in order to have fun, we may look at splitting the convoy into 2 groups..

Saif,

Whats ur suggestion…

Will your Land Cruiser be ready for thursday drive??

January 22, 2013 at 6:55 am #22399
    quote Ganesh:

quote zarir:

Friends given the fog we are seeing today and expected to see over the weekend as well, we need to be conscious that we shall have very poor visibility during our drive. This will negatively affect our visual communication amongst the convoy.

While this being a newbee + fewbee drive it is not mandatory to carry a flag pole and radio, my humble suggestion to all would be to try and carry these 2 items with them so as to enable a greater level of communication and visibility during the drive. The total cost of these items is roughly AED 300 (approx 100 for flag and 200 for radio) which in my opinion is a small price to pay for your own safety and that of the convoy. Am sure the fewbees who have used these would understand and appreciate the value of these during our drives.

Repeating again, its not a compulsion but just a very strong suggestion keeping safety in mind. :thanks:

Very well said Zarir…. :thanks:

I saw last weekend that some cars has suction cup flag brackets; where can these be found? I thought this was a very convenient solution.

January 22, 2013 at 7:06 am #22400
    quote DVG:

I saw last weekend that some cars has suction cup flag brackets; where can these be found? I thought this was a very convenient solution.

David….you can get those from any Hardware- Building Materials Shops….

January 22, 2013 at 7:10 am #22401
    quote :

Suction cups can be found at any decent hardware stores. Ace (DFC and SZR) and Speedex (SZR) stock them for sure. I had bought mine from Speedex. You will also find the same at Dragon Mart. The fishing rode to be used as a flag pole can be bought from Dragon Mart or Carrefour.

January 22, 2013 at 7:14 am #22402
    quote zarir:

quote :

Suction cups can be found at any decent hardware stores. Ace (DFC and SZR) and Speedex (SZR) stock them for sure. I had bought mine from Speedex. You will also find the same at Dragon Mart. The fishing rode to be used as a flag pole can be bought from Dragon Mart or Carrefour.

Excellent! That sounds easy enough to organize. Thanks

January 22, 2013 at 8:19 am #22404
    quote Ganesh:

Newbee + Fewbee Thursday Morning Drive :drive:

Day and date : Thursday, 24th January 2013
    Drive Route : Khatam to Al Faya
    Drive Type : Newbee + Fewbee
    Meeting Point : Khatam
    Meeting Point co-ordinates :
    Lat/Lon hddd.ddddd = N25.16668 E55.82608
    Lat/Lon hddd.mm.mmm = N25 10.001 E55 49.565

Meeting Time : 7:50 am
    Drive Start: 8.00 am
    Drive Duration: 3 – 4 Hours
    Drive Terrain: Tracks and Dunes

Convoy :

1. Ganesh (Lead) – 050 7889064
    2. Matthews
    3. Gabriel
    4. Brian
    5. Denis
    6. Eisa
    7. Razik
    8. Tariq
    9. Roshan
    10. Zarir
    11. Sami
    12. Reinhard
    13. Ole
    14. David
    15. Wasiabbas
    16. Dhaval
    17. Imran
    18. Humayun (Sweep)
    19. Saif (Sweep in charge)

Checklist:-
    a) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    b) Compatible Radio is a must.
    c) Carry all necessary offroad gears, in good condition.
    d) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Please read the following and register for the drive:-
    Equipments that one needs to carry for offroading
    Rules Of The Trip
    Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer

Excellent Ganesh ! :drive: safe & enjoy, all the best & look forward to read the trip report

January 22, 2013 at 9:35 am #22407
    quote DVG:

quote Ganesh:

quote zarir:

Friends given the fog we are seeing today and expected to see over the weekend as well, we need to be conscious that we shall have very poor visibility during our drive. This will negatively affect our visual communication amongst the convoy.

While this being a newbee + fewbee drive it is not mandatory to carry a flag pole and radio, my humble suggestion to all would be to try and carry these 2 items with them so as to enable a greater level of communication and visibility during the drive. The total cost of these items is roughly AED 300 (approx 100 for flag and 200 for radio) which in my opinion is a small price to pay for your own safety and that of the convoy. Am sure the fewbees who have used these would understand and appreciate the value of these during our drives.

Repeating again, its not a compulsion but just a very strong suggestion keeping safety in mind. :thanks:

Very well said Zarir…. :thanks:

Refer this Link – http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/topic2051.html

January 22, 2013 at 9:41 am #22408
    quote Ganesh:

quote khshareef:

Ganesh,

As there are 18 cars registered already and in order to have fun, we may look at splitting the convoy into 2 groups..

Saif,

Whats ur suggestion…

Will your Land Cruiser be ready for thursday drive??

Most probably yes..

January 22, 2013 at 9:51 am #22409

We will split to convoy into 2groups Newbie & Fewbie

lets see how many more off-road enthusiast are willing to wake up early on a holiday before we assign the convoys

:thanks:

Saif

January 22, 2013 at 10:04 am #22410
    quote Saif:

lets see how many more off-road enthusiast are willing to wake up early on a holiday before we assign the convoys

Saif

I am so disciplined :^o on the highlighted text…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

January 22, 2013 at 10:23 am #22411

Hi Ganesh

I am in as well. You were sweep incharge on my first DO drive and are the main lead in my second DO drive. :-BD

January 22, 2013 at 10:31 am #22412
    quote Saj:

Hi Ganesh

I am in as well. You were sweep incharge on my first DO drive and are the main lead in my second DO drive. :-BD

You are welcome Saj….

January 22, 2013 at 11:47 am #22414
    quote wasiabbas:

quote Saif:

Saif

I am so disciplined :^o on the highlighted text…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

WASI,

appreciate your prompt arrival this time brother

January 22, 2013 at 2:12 pm #22420

Hay Dada and Saif

I am in for the drive :drive: but the colleague has backed out as he just enrolled for the marathon on Friday ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜• ,.

A quick question maybe not the right forum but can a stock 2011 Ford Explorer, Eddie Bauer edition handle the dunes on a Newbee drive. This information is for a friend who is keen to join on a drive later in the month but is not sure of his ride’s capability.

And for those looking for the basic equipment, do note that the shop in Dragon mart still has the Motorola UHF unit but the price has gone up to AED225 and the charger for AED15. The suction cups are not available in ACE DFC but is available at Speedex SZR.

Can someone please give me the name or number for the store selling the ATV flags in Dragonmart. See you all on Thursday.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.