Newbee + Fewbee Thursday Morning Drive – 24th January 2013

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 129 total)
  • Author

What radio frequencies do you usually use on your trips? just checking to see if I have the correct radio

January 22, 2013 at 3:21 pm #22422
    quote bubban:

What radio frequencies do you usually use on your trips? just checking to see if I have the correct radio

Hey Amin, You can check the list of frequencies in the following link :

Offroad Walkie Talkie FAQ

Cheers….

January 22, 2013 at 3:27 pm #22423
    quote thomasinasu:

Hay Dada and Saif

I am in for the drive :drive: but the colleague has backed out as he just enrolled for the marathon on Friday ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜• ,.

A quick question maybe not the right forum but can a stock 2011 Ford Explorer, Eddie Bauer edition handle the dunes on a Newbee drive. This information is for a friend who is keen to join on a drive later in the month but is not sure of his ride’s capability.

And for those looking for the basic equipment, do note that the shop in Dragon mart still has the Motorola UHF unit but the price has gone up to AED225 and the charger for AED15. The suction cups are not available in ACE DFC but is available at Speedex SZR.

Can someone please give me the name or number for the store selling the ATV flags in Dragonmart. See you all on Thursday.

Hey Thomas…..nice to see u r in for the drive….We have seen Ford explorers too in sand….and I believe he can come for newbee drives…

Secondly for the radio, they will start with the price of AED.225/- but you have to tell them that u r from Dubai Offroaders and we have bought it at 200/-….

For the flag im not sure of the shop name but the shop is where they sell these small buggies….

Cheers

January 22, 2013 at 6:46 pm #22424
    quote Saif:

quote wasiabbas:

quote Saif:

We will split to convoy into 2groups Newbie & Fewbie

lets see how many more off-road enthusiast are willing to wake up early on a holiday before we assign the convoys

:thanks:

Saif

I am so disciplined :^o on the highlighted text…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

WASI,

appreciate your prompt arrival this time brother

Rodger bro Saif..Inshallah…. :YMPRAY:

January 22, 2013 at 7:59 pm #22425

21 cars already… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Good going guys :-BD :-BD :-BD.. Drive safe have good fun.
    Seeing the group, thinking whether to drop Liwa or not ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•

January 22, 2013 at 8:53 pm #22426

๐Ÿ˜ฎ what drop Liwa ๐Ÿ˜• , must be a spoof :)) :drive:

January 23, 2013 at 4:02 am #22427
    quote brianj:

๐Ÿ˜ฎ what drop Liwa ๐Ÿ˜• , must be a spoof :)) :drive:

:)) :)) :))

January 23, 2013 at 4:36 am #22429
    quote Ganesh:

quote bubban:

Hey Amin, You can check the list of frequencies in the following link :

Offroad Walkie Talkie FAQ

Cheers….

Thanks Ganesh!

January 23, 2013 at 5:42 am #22435
    quote thomasinasu:

Hay Dada and Saif

I am in for the drive :drive: but the colleague has backed out as he just enrolled for the marathon on Friday ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜• ,.

A quick question maybe not the right forum but can a stock 2011 Ford Explorer, Eddie Bauer edition handle the dunes on a Newbee drive. This information is for a friend who is keen to join on a drive later in the month but is not sure of his ride’s capability.

And for those looking for the basic equipment, do note that the shop in Dragon mart still has the Motorola UHF unit but the price has gone up to AED225 and the charger for AED15. The suction cups are not available in ACE DFC but is available at Speedex SZR.

Can someone please give me the name or number for the store selling the ATV flags in Dragonmart. See you all on Thursday.

For the ATV flag poles you can alternately visit an ATV store in Ras Al Khor that is selling them for AED 70/-

Directions:
    in the service lane of Al khail road prior to ras Al Khor bridge.
    About 500-750 mtrs from Tamaam (vehicle registration center)

if you need help finding it please give me a buzz

Saif

+971529229808

January 23, 2013 at 7:53 am #22443

Guys,

Its indeed very nice to see a list of 23 cars for Thursday morning drive… :ymapplause: :ymapplause: There will be 2 convoys – Newbee & Fewbee…

The convoys are been listed on the first page of the post – http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/post25388.html

Every participant is kindly requested to be in touch with their lead Marshal for any communication. Both the convoys will depart at the same time from the deflation point…

See you all on time tomorrow as scheduled….

Cheers

January 23, 2013 at 7:59 am #22444
    quote DVG:

quote Ganesh:

quote zarir:

Friends given the fog we are seeing today and expected to see over the weekend as well, we need to be conscious that we shall have very poor visibility during our drive. This will negatively affect our visual communication amongst the convoy.

While this being a newbee + fewbee drive it is not mandatory to carry a flag pole and radio, my humble suggestion to all would be to try and carry these 2 items with them so as to enable a greater level of communication and visibility during the drive. The total cost of these items is roughly AED 300 (approx 100 for flag and 200 for radio) which in my opinion is a small price to pay for your own safety and that of the convoy. Am sure the fewbees who have used these would understand and appreciate the value of these during our drives.

Repeating again, its not a compulsion but just a very strong suggestion keeping safety in mind. :thanks:

Very well said Zarir…. :thanks:

I saw last weekend that some cars has suction cup flag brackets; where can these be found? I thought this was a very convenient solution.

I just bought the 2-cup suction cup at Speedex on SZR for 48 AED and a complete pole with flag at Icon for 120 AED. Icon says they can manufacture brackets that would fit any car. Until then, the suction cups should be fine, it will be my first try with that tomorrow.

January 23, 2013 at 9:39 am #22445

For the ATV flag poles you can alternately visit an ATV store in Ras Al Khor that is selling them for AED 70/-

Directions:
    in the service lane of Al khail road prior to ras Al Khor bridge.
    About 500-750 mtrs from Tamaam (vehicle registration center)

if you need help finding it please give me a buzz

Saif

+971529229808[/quote]

Hay Saif

Thank you for the lead, wish i had seen it earlier, just got back from Dragon Mart picked up a temp flag for AED15 but will look at the ones in Ras al Khor over the weekend.

Do you know when they close the store.

Anonymous
    January 23, 2013 at 9:55 am #22446

Hi Dada,

Can Minaz and I be in the same convoy?? We would like to drive together…

Please see if you can manage.

Regds,
    Imran

January 23, 2013 at 3:28 pm #22448

I think Sami has removed his name from the list……and we Sayedbhai adding to the list…..Welcome Sayedbhai….. See you tomorrow Sir… ๐Ÿ™‚

January 23, 2013 at 4:44 pm #22449

Convoys are alloted, look forward to seeing everyone tommorow morning at the meeting point and anticipate a fun drive.

Saif
    +971529229808

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.