Newbie/Fewbee & Intermediate Drive Friday 13th June

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Day and date: Friday 13th June 2014

Drive Type: All Levels of Convoys

Meeting Point:
    24.909424, 55.739715 (google maps)
    N24 54.567 E55 44.393 (gps users)

[map]24.90894,55.74094(Meeting Point)[/map]

Meeting Time: 15.15pm
    Drive Start: 15.30pm sharp

Drive Route &Terrain: Side Sloping, Ridge Riding, Cresting, Big Dunes, Technical Dunes
    Duration: 4 hours (sundown)

Being Friday the 13th, we thought we would forego superstition and try our luck with the desert ghosts.

For the Newbie/Fewbee convoy, the drive will start from close to Iftar Bowl entrance/exit and proceed to Ghost Town. From there we will then head to Iftar bowl to meet with the other convoys for some play time at sundown.

The intermediate and upwards convoys will be heading to a destination only the Marshalls will know and then also meet up with the rest of the DO family at Iftar Bowl for some play time and sunset views.

Convoy allocation will be given in the pre drive briefing and so we please ask that upon arrival you deflate and turn your radios to channel 4 for any announcement.

We look forward to the pleasure of your company. Just because itโ€™s hot, the fun does not have to stop!

Checklist:-

a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure itโ€™s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gears / recovery equipment in good condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Please read the following and register for the drive:-

Equipment that one needs to carry for off-roading
    Rules of the trip
    Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer

June 9, 2014 at 8:07 am #30398

๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•
    Friday the 13th!!!!
    And Ghost Town!!!
    Looks interesting….
    ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

June 10, 2014 at 5:22 am #30418

Gents,

Why not have a different meeting point somewhere inside desert for the 2 star members. GPS and their navigation skill will be required to a certain level to reach this meeting point…

June 10, 2014 at 5:51 am #30420
    quote khshareef:

Gents,

Why not have a different meeting point somewhere inside desert for the 2 star members. GPS and their navigation skill will be required to a certain level to reach this meeting point…

If you would like to do that with your convoy then nice idea. How about two tree valley N24 52.260 E55 43.707 :drive:

Give us your thoughts guys……… :-ss

June 10, 2014 at 7:34 am #30424

Cant miss out on this :drive: for sure ๐Ÿ™‚

Duncan, how about a photo session at Iftar Bowl before sundown? Or Ghost Town also if all convoys can gather there for a photoshoot…. ;;) ;;) ;;)

Would really be nice for our DO FB wall ๐Ÿ˜•

Kartyk

June 10, 2014 at 8:13 am #30426
    quote kartyk:

Cant miss out on this :drive: for sure ๐Ÿ™‚

Duncan, how about a photo session at Iftar Bowl before sundown? Or Ghost Town also if all convoys can gather there for a photoshoot…. ;;) ;;) ;;)

Would really be nice for our DO FB wall ๐Ÿ˜•

Kartyk

We can certainly do one at Iftar or Super Bowl. Don’t think the intermediate upwards convoy will be going to Ghost Town though…. #-o

June 10, 2014 at 1:15 pm #30430
    quote DuncanField:

quote khshareef:

Gents,

If you would like to do that with your convoy then nice idea. How about two tree valley N24 52.260 E55 43.707 :drive:

Give us your thoughts guys……… :-ss

Well. We will select the intermediate convoy and send them a meeting point coordinates where they have to assemble on this own by navigation. This coordinates will not be posted rather send to them as PM on Thursday eve.

June 11, 2014 at 4:13 am #30436

For some of you the meeting location will be new. In this case I suggest you put the google coordinates given in the drive post in to google maps. This will give you a printable map.

The other option if there is enough call, is for me to meet the select few who require at badayer shops at 3.00pm. The meeting location is only a 5 minute drive from badayer and is basically the second road on the right after the shops which leads to a small village with a mosque. The meeting location is just past the mosque. You can also take the first right but second right is easier.

Request if required………. ๐Ÿ˜€

June 12, 2014 at 5:46 am #30446

Registrations are quiet. ๐Ÿ˜•

Are people away or are they afraid of the Ghosts :-ss

June 12, 2014 at 6:13 am #30447
    quote DuncanField:

Duncan, I might join last minute !! :drive:

June 12, 2014 at 9:28 am #30449
    quote Vijay:

quote DuncanField:

Duncan, I might join last minute !! :drive:

No issues, Vijay, the more the merrier… :yesss:

June 12, 2014 at 11:16 am #30451
    quote DuncanField:

Not sure at this moment…but will join you tomorrow if my back pain allows!

June 12, 2014 at 11:20 pm #30455

Hey Duncan,

Might have to drop out this time as something came up at office and am still trying to fix it and get out… In case I manage to finish it, I will give you a call and be there on time… else enjoy your :drive: :drive: :drive:

June 13, 2014 at 10:04 pm #30458

I want to say sorry to all in our convoy to delay.

And big big big thanks for our great marshals Humaian and Faheem for his time and helping. But the biggest thanks for kartyk and his wife its really kind and great to stay with as till 12 pm thanks one more time.

Also i will not forget to thanks DO to let me know like this amazing friends. Am tooo much proud coz am part of this team.

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

June 14, 2014 at 12:01 am #30459

This trip is a remarkable trip for me for many reasons… First, driving with Humaian which i consider it a lot fun and thrilling at the time, the way he does the cresting and crossings just make you feel like you are on a rollercoaster… Thanks Humaian, it been a long time since the last trip ๐Ÿ™‚

Secondly, despite the broke down that Baher faced , but we had the opportunity to watch many wonderful things…

It was unbeliavble to see Faheem pulling Baher’s car out of the dunes that we struggle to cross alone, so imagine crossing while pulling a car with a disengaged gear box. I do not have a long history with offroading , may be it was normal for every one else but for me it was beyond logic, it’s just unbelievable!! Good Job Faheem… You are a hero!!

Another wonderful thing that makes DO such a special group , is how the lead and everyone in the group took Baher’s trouble as their own problem that they have to solve.. such spirit is what makes DO a wonderful bunch of awesome offroaders.

Handling such troublesome situations is what define leaders from the rest, and Humaian has done that perfectly. Starting from assigning the job to the right car, discussing with everyone what a solution could be and trying every possible solution without boredom, and taking the responsibility of returning the rest of the group to the road with sundown. Thanks Humaian for giving everyone an example of leadership skills.

Knowing that Baher was finally rescued at 12 midnight, makes me wish if i could stay with them , which I would have done if i didn’t have a friend in the car. I am sure that it was a great learning opportunity .

After all , it was a lot of fun, adventurous and remarkable trip …Thanks everyone for a wonderful day

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.