Newbie/Fewbee & Intermediate Drive Friday 13th June

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Guys seems like I missed a lot by not going for one drive ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ I decided to get my car upgraded/change first before going for next drive, hope to see you guys soooon. Baher, you have rescued us so many times, am sure it would be everyone’s pleasure to help you out :drive: :drive: :drive: :thanks:

June 14, 2014 at 7:37 am #30461

Ok guys, so here is my version of yesterdays :drive: :drive:

The drive started with Humayun pumping up adrenaline the moment we started the drive with nice dunes and lot of side sloping and side cresting. Nothing much different for Friday the 13th. Then it all started with Baher’s jeep going out of action. Though it was bad news, I was amazed how Baher and Faheem took it lightly and that we could manage to come out. Faheem then did the impossible. It was a treat to all offroaders… He got out of Superbowl pulling Baher’s jeep with a double snatch rope. There were like 50 odd spectators. One special vote of thanks here. Saif Bhai, awesome ropes you made for us :thanks: :thanks:

Then Humayun showed his professionalism in deciding to get rest of the team outside while we sort out on how to get the jeep out. While he had gone to Badayer, myself, Baher and Faheem tried moving around and reached a farm. Faheem driving my Patrol pulling Baher and me on Faheem’s FJ. Then more of Ghost Town effect… Pop out 1 on the left front wheel of the Baher’s Jeep…. ๐Ÿ˜• We fixed it and Humayun returned just in time to discuss and check a route to get out of there. Then popout 2 on the right front wheel of the Jeep… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Again we fixed it and tried moving around when it happened… Popout 3!!! :-s :-s :-s We managed to fix that one as well but then Humayun, Faheem and Baher did a survey check of the surroundings. Since it was already around 08.30pm, it was decided finally to leave the Jeep there, save the coordinates and come back on Saturday for recovery. ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ It was kind of sad as to me personally as a car is part of family and leaving her in the middle of the desert, it wasn’t that ok. But we did what had to be done and we then started moving.

Words can’t explain what we went through as every possible route seemed to have been covered with super soft sand. I got stuck cresting more than a few times and I kind of went into low hope mode… Faheem drove my car for a while but Baher got stuck driving the FJ and then it was Humayun stuck in a very tight dune. He had a winch and so I thought it would take 2 minutes to get his car out. But thanks to the 13th, the winch rope snapped…. At that point, we all were hungry, tired, thirsty and just wanted a nice cold shower and some food…

But again the professionals showed what they were capable of… Humayun, Faheem and Baher still joked on how we were stuck and kept the spirits high… They were confident and just told we need to backtrack our way and then figure out the closest exit point. :yesss: :yesss: :yesss: Full high spirits, Faheem started driving back and Baher drove my Patrol pushing it hard and Humayun guiding from behind telling what to do and what not to do… And then it happened… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Out of no where, we saw Baher’s Jeep… We were all a bit quiet coz it was bizarre and we just drove on… 10 minutes later, we kind of hit a track kind of sandy road… Pepped up the speed and within 10 minutes, we were near the point where we started the drive earlier this evening.

We got out of the car and :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) had a nice laugh thinking how we could have just pulled the Jeep out through this way… Then Faheem and Humayun again showed their professionalism again!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: They told we could actually go back and pull Baher’s jeep out this way, but wanted to check if me and my wife were ok with that… Being decent petrolheads, me and my wife didn’t want to give up after all of us going through so much. We agreed and we retraced our way back… Got lost couple of times but we finally made it and we were all fully pumped up to just pull the Jeep outta there and get out. Then came the joke of the day. Baher kept his keys in Faheem’s car which we had parked near the road as we returned with my car and Humayun’s car for recovery. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ So they went back again and got the keys and came. Nice catching up with Faheem during this time. So they came back and we prepped up Baher’s Jeep for getting towed. Then we hit the tracks with all 320 horses… Humayun leaded the way out and Faheem driving my Patrol just dragged Baher all the way out… Tossed and turned and dragged in all possible directions, Baher kept his cool and drove super safe so that there wasn’t another popout…

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: All is well that ends well.. We parked the Jeep near the mosque and all of us went to Badayer shops for water, air and finally some food too :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

Finally we thanked and joked on the total experience and headed home… Dropped Baher in Sharjah and that was when I realized I was already running on reserve fuel 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} What if my car had gone dry in the desert??? I thought my tank was 3/4th full while entering the desert…

Truly this was an experience but totally awesome as it was just 3 cars trying to figure out the way in super soft sands. A similar but different experience was in Lisaily while we had the whole convoy waiting to get everyone out and just one thing to learn…

Teamwork and more than that, TRUST… that’s something DO stands way tall… and that’s something I can also vouch for…

A sincere note of thanks to :
    Humayun for being a Super Marshal and doing everything necessary to get us out safe….
    Faheem for teaching me how to actually control all the power of the Patrol and how to drive it safely and properly….
    And finally Baher… man, you are truly awesome… You kept the spirits high and motivated now matter how bad or how many times we got stuck…

I just woke up and couldn’t resist myself writing so much…. Need to now get my car washed and so adios amigos… Catch you next weekend ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy driving to all… A couple of pictures for people to enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Dubai Offroaders ROCK!!!

June 14, 2014 at 9:47 am #30462

First many thanks to Marshal Humayun, Faheem and Baher for leading and accompanying us for this drive.

Friday the 13th speaks to itself – with the hassle we faced it was the Marshals who turn this event to a more enjoyable experience and scene to watch. And pulling the car out of super bowl is one h*ll of a job.

There was this one point where we meet another group (almost4x4 i think) in one of the bowl and could not believe what we have done so far (pulling the car out cresting)
    :drive: :drive:

I wish I could stay more, but mrs and the children are waiting for an appointment. And from hearing Marshal Humayun (confidence) of pulling the job done I leave the group with peace of mind :ymcowboy:

Again thanks to the marshals Humayun, Faheem, Baher and fellow drivers Jean, Amr, Kartyk & Ahmed (with another xterra a local guy – not sure if i get the name right) for the company and looking forward for the next drive.

June 14, 2014 at 2:08 pm #30463

Looks like this drive was a good learning experience, i wish could have been there to help you all and learn more but i was stuck in AD. Hope the problem gets fixed baher and Humayun and Faheem good job guys ! :drive:

June 14, 2014 at 5:32 pm #30465

Oby far the best drive….
    thank u Duncan.
    it was truly a great …looking forward to plenty more. :drive:

June 15, 2014 at 4:51 am #30466

Looks like you guys had a lot of excitement… ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
    and I missed it…. :-w :-w :-w

June 15, 2014 at 5:35 am #30469

As usual I am just a reader ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ when it comes to reporting as it was a great report from Karthik, Toleg and AMR which narrated each and every incident thereby leaving nothing for me add upon ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™

The success of this recovery goes to all the team members who were part of this convoy and lending their helping hands on time to time.

Generally Cresting Superbowl is a night mare but cresting with gearbox broken Jeep is something which might not have happened in UAE. As soon as I informed Faheem about the way to bring the jeep to other side without a second thought, He executed this brilliantly with more than 50 spectators from various clubs watching the show. It was a great show and great skill from Faheem. I am not sure if any one else can execute this so perfectly. Hats off to Him. :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:

Apart from Marshalls, The ONE AND ONLY PERSON to be thanked for bringing Baher Jeep outside is Mrs. Karthick who stood beside us patiently and supporting us whenever we felt down and tired.

At the end it is the TEAM EFFORT which won the race.

Thanks to all for joining this drive and looking forward to do many more drives in future…

June 15, 2014 at 9:05 am #30470

well we have attained the impossible. and its all because of perfect guidance of Great Marshall Humaioun and support of all the participants of the convoy, really guys , I love you all!, special thanks to Kartik and his wife for their extra ordinary patience and chilled water when we needed the most. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

for those who has not seen it,

[media]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m3E7ltLcndw[/media]

:yesss:

June 15, 2014 at 9:18 am #30471
    quote chughtai:

well we have attained the impossible. and its all because of perfect guidance of Great Marshall Humaioun and support of all the participants of the convoy, really guys , I love you all!, special thanks to Kartik and his wife for their extra ordinary patience and chilled water when we needed the most. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Witnessing this was truly a magnificent accomplishment. FAHEEM is definitely the recovery master………………this even bests his last recovery in Sweihan of an upside down car resting on a ridge 60ft up.

June 16, 2014 at 6:58 am #30476
    quote chughtai:

[media]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m3E7ltLcndw[/media]

๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ awesome recovery by Faheem, :ymparty: :ymparty: :drive: :drive:

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.