Newbie/Fewbee Drive on Friday 18th, July 2014

• Author

Newbie/Fewbee Drive on Friday 18th, July 2014

Posted by Matthews

Learner’s + Fewbee drive depending on number of registrations on Friday 18th July 2014

Meeting Place:
    Al Faq’aa Mosque ( Take right exit on Al Ain road towards Al Faqa and then take right after crossing Al Faqa Police Station, then the Mosque will be on your left.

The coordinates for the meeting point are:
    N24 43.023 E55 37.235 – for GPS users
    [map]24.71729,55.62039(Al Faqah Mosque Meeting point)[/map]24.716852,55.620275 – google maps[/map]

Meeting Time : 15:45 hrs
    Drive Starts: 16:00 hrs
    Drive Ends: At 7 pm.approx.

Terrain: Tracks & Dunes
    This is interesting area with some high Dunes, some tricky very soft white sands that require technical driving and very quick responses and co-ordination.
    All Senior Members and Marshals are most welcome to join.

Please carry enough water and food stuff for yourself and your passengers.
    Make sure your car is in good condition.
    Your car must be equipped with front and rear towing point and with the necessary Offroad Gear

Kindly register for the drive by clicking ‘Register for trip’ Button below this post.

Thanks
    :drive:

Sanjay Matthews
    055 5617510

July 15, 2014 at 12:51 pm #30592

Unfortunately i’ll be out of UAE till the Eid, hoping to join you guys soon.

Enjoy and be Safe :drive: :drive:

July 17, 2014 at 10:21 am #30597

Back in the sands and reporting for duty :yesss: :drive:

July 17, 2014 at 10:38 am #30598
    quote DuncanField:

Woo-hoo!!
    Come for the night drive to test drive :drive:

July 17, 2014 at 10:40 am #30599
    quote JustDen:

quote DuncanField:

Woo-hoo!!
    Come for the night drive to test drive :drive:

I was going to but then my family decided I had plans!!!!!! Will see you Friday though.

July 18, 2014 at 6:03 pm #30600

๐Ÿ˜€ What a Drive :thanks: :ymapplause:

Thanks to Sanjay [Marshal], Duncan [Marshal], JustDen for making this drive so AWESOME.

My First proper drive, the sand was so soft that almost everybody got stuck. i got stuck twice & the great JustDen pulled me out. :ymhug:

July 18, 2014 at 11:27 pm #30601

Thx alot guyz for this awesome drive …enjoyed alot ๐Ÿ™‚

July 19, 2014 at 12:00 am #30602

Great drive…a lot of fun…thanks Sanjay…
    sand was really soft at some areas…car kept on sinking. :thanks:

July 19, 2014 at 8:39 am #30603

The :drive: was great and we all enjoyed. It was challenging for me to be on second lead with Sanjay , hope I managed to do it we’ll ๐Ÿ™‚ . In my view the drive was 3 different style, first it was an easy one then started driving on side slop, on soft sand, it was not easy at all then it was a roller coaster.

Thanks a lot to Sanjay, Duncan and Dennis for their guidance and support. We never wanted to stop the :drive: yesterday and wanted keep going.

Hope to see you all again ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

July 19, 2014 at 9:07 am #30604

On behalf of the Marshals, thank you all for your great comments.

Everybody drove exceptionally well considering the soft sands and thanks to Sanjay for picking the perfect route through the desert.

A few people asked for the track from yesterday and so if you email me privately I will email that across to you.

I also have a shackle, I think it might be Aymans. Please let me know.

Until next time………….

July 19, 2014 at 11:09 am #30605
    quote DuncanField:

On behalf of the Marshals, thank you all for your great comments.

Everybody drove exceptionally well considering the soft sands and thanks to Sanjay for picking the perfect route through the desert.

A few people asked for the track from yesterday and so if you email me privately I will email that across to you.

I also have a shackle, I think it might be Aymans. Please let me know.

Until next time………….

May be that’s Sanjay’s shackle ?

July 19, 2014 at 6:28 pm #30607

Great drive by Sanjay! Since we were one convoy we started off at a relatively calm pace taking an easier route through the very soft sand. As confidence in the convoy grew Sanjay started to pick up the pace and difficulty. There was some fantastic side sloping…felt like we were surfing the dunes forever!

We had a few stucks along the way, but nothing major until a little bowl towards the end of the drive. At one time we had 4 cars needing some sort of assistance (pushing/digging/sand ladders/towing) in what was incredibly (incredibly) soft sand. We needed 3 tow ropes attached together to reach some hard enough sand for the recovery – which highlighted the need for people to carry all necessary equipment. In time all were recovered and we were able to end the drive just in time for Iftar.

In all, a cracking lead from Sanjay. Highly enjoyable route through some technical dunes in soft sand. Looking forward to the next one.

Cheers!

July 20, 2014 at 1:47 pm #30608

Thanks for all your feedback on my drive and congratulations to the entire Convoy for driving well, if it wasn’t for you’ll I wouldn’t look good ๐Ÿ˜€ . By the way this was my first Lead drive and special thanks to Duncan for pushing me to raise the tempo of the drive ensuring the safety of the team members ๐Ÿ˜€ and making this drive enjoyable to all. I shall be out of town and be back in the 1st week of Aug, so Happy Eid in advance and will see you’ll when I am back. Dennis thanks for sweeping ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

Cheers
    Sanjay

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.