NEWBIE + FEWBEE – FRIDAY AFTERNOON DRIVE – 18/01/2013

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    quote GKumar:

quote Amjed:

wow Kumar we are having 2 drives on this friday! :ymhug: :ymhug: so will be driving the whole day ! :p

Yeah… this is what we have been missing here since a very long time.. right??? ๐Ÿ˜€ How about a night drive to finish the whole day in sands? :)) :)) :))

Kumar I am ready but only thing is I have removed the extra HID light on my jeep and dont thinks to refix it, however if ur leading the nightdrive I can follow even without lights =)) =)) =))

January 13, 2013 at 10:23 am #21917
    quote GKumar:

quote Mitch:

Hi,

I’ve registered for this drive (my first one), however I’m working Friday night, starting at 22.00. Will I have time to get home and get ready for work?
    Also, I dont have a radio yet, will that be ok?
    Cheers,
    Mitch

Mitch, Welcome to Dubai Offroaders!!!
    We expect to finish this drive between 5pm and 5.30pm, before it gets dark. Hope it will be OK with you to get ready for work.
    Radio is not a mandatory requirement for first timers ๐Ÿ™‚ However its deal to have a radio, to stay connected with the Marshals who can support and guide you easily :-BD

Thanks Kumar!

It looks like I can fit in for this drive. I need to be home by 9.00 the latest. If we finish at 5.30 and I’m on the road by 6.00, that means I’m home by 7.00. I’m not familiar with the location, is my estimate correct?

Also, if someone lives around Al Barsha/Tecom I will be more than happy to drive together to the meeting point and back. Cheers!

January 13, 2013 at 10:51 am #21920

Hi Mitch
    picked this from one of the posts…
    On Dubai hatta road(E44) drive towards hatta/oman. After crossing lahbab r/a drive further for about 10 mins approx, you will reach tawi nizwa. A shop named tawi nizwa shop will b on ur right.
    If u have a gps follow these coordinates…N-24.99’783ยฐ-E-55.66’198ยฐโ€ฆ

January 13, 2013 at 10:54 am #21921
    quote Mitch:

quote GKumar:

quote Mitch:

Hi,

I’ve registered for this drive (my first one), however I’m working Friday night, starting at 22.00. Will I have time to get home and get ready for work?
    Also, I dont have a radio yet, will that be ok?
    Cheers,
    Mitch

Mitch, Welcome to Dubai Offroaders!!!
    We expect to finish this drive between 5pm and 5.30pm, before it gets dark. Hope it will be OK with you to get ready for work.
    Radio is not a mandatory requirement for first timers ๐Ÿ™‚ However its deal to have a radio, to stay connected with the Marshals who can support and guide you easily :-BD

Thanks Kumar!

It looks like I can fit in for this drive. I need to be home by 9.00 the latest. If we finish at 5.30 and I’m on the road by 6.00, that means I’m home by 7.00. I’m not familiar with the location, is my estimate correct?

Also, if someone lives around Al Barsha/Tecom I will be more than happy to drive together to the meeting point and back. Cheers!

Hey Mitch,

great to hear you’ll be joining us.
    I live at the Arabian Ranches on Emirates Road which is pretty close to Barsha, your most welcome to drive to the meeting point with me.

just give me a buzz and we’ll figure out the details.

:thanks:

Saif

+971529229808

January 13, 2013 at 10:59 am #21922
    quote wasiabbas:

quote GKumar:

quote Amjed:

wow Kumar we are having 2 drives on this friday! :ymhug: :ymhug: so will be driving the whole day ! :p

Yeah… this is what we have been missing here since a very long time.. right??? ๐Ÿ˜€ How about a night drive to finish the whole day in sands? :)) :)) :))

Thats a sensible reply as expected from you, but still will be missing Tiger’s lead ๐Ÿ™ :(( …as said next time… :drive: with you…

Any chances of night drive….. :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: i would love to experience it…. :drive: :drive: :drive: plssssssssssssssssss :-ss

Wasi,

if you’d like to join us for the afternoon drive?

Just a suggestion from my side off-course; you could offer prayers at the mosque on Madam Roundabout & have lunch at one of the restaurants there.

Otherwise as Kumar said, there is always next week ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

January 13, 2013 at 11:13 am #21923
    quote Mitch:

Thanks Kumar!

Yes, 1 hour will be more than enough to reach Barsha after finishing the drive.
    Thanks to our webmaster for providing the Maps links, please check this link for the exact meeting location http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/tawishops.php. I am sure you don’t need any assistance to reach the meeting point and to return :-BD ๐Ÿ™‚
    Our Marshal Saif already offered you support and you may contact him, if you are still not sure to find your own way ๐Ÿ™‚

January 13, 2013 at 11:33 am #21924

No need of going till Madam, just before the Lehbab round about Juma prayer can be offered, I always offer my Juma prayer im late going to home after the morning drive.
    dear where there is a will there is always a way!

January 13, 2013 at 11:47 am #21925

Wasi,

if you’d like to join us for the afternoon drive?

Just a suggestion from my side off-course; you could offer prayers at the mosque on Madam Roundabout & have lunch at one of the restaurants there.

Otherwise as Kumar said, there is always next week ๐Ÿ˜€ :D[/quote]

Dear Saif,

That was so kind of your concern, but yes @ my place its an habit that i offer prayer along with my father / brother..
    So Inshallah its always next time.. ๐Ÿ˜€

January 13, 2013 at 2:09 pm #21934

Hello Razik, Radio info purchase current as Saj and Zarir indicated, go through door EB
    good luck

January 13, 2013 at 4:40 pm #21938

You guys have fun … Will unfortunatly miss this drive.

January 13, 2013 at 4:59 pm #21944
    quote brianj:

Hello Razik, Radio info purchase current as Saj and Zarir indicated, go through door EB
    good luck

Thanks Brian…will give it a shot sometime this week…
    Cheers

January 13, 2013 at 8:27 pm #21946

Hi Guys, I will be happy to join you for my first drive with DO!
    See you on Friday!

Gab

January 14, 2013 at 3:53 am #21948
    quote gabriel:

Hi Guys, I will be happy to join you for my first drive with DO!
    See you on Friday!
    Gab

Gabriel, Welcome to Dubai Offroaders!!!
    Look forward to see you on Friday :drive: :drive: :drive:

January 14, 2013 at 5:12 am #21952

Thanks Saif and the others who answered my questions.

Saif, I ll give you a buzz on the day of the ride.

January 14, 2013 at 11:49 am #21971

Hi Kumar,
    Any reson why I am unable to register for the friday afternoon drive on 18th. Please let me know.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.