Newbie here

• Author
    July 22, 2022 at 5:55 am #47016

Hello everyone!

A complete newbie here! After years of driving cars here in Dubai, I recently purchased a 2019 FJ cruiser. I heard it’s an excellent vehicle to start my first few adventures in the dunes. ๐Ÿ™‚

Can someone please advise on what necessary equipment to get or upgrades to do before I come to one of the DO drives? The vehicle is complete stock at this point, and I do not want to spend massive amounts on anything till I really get into this new hobby ๐Ÿ™‚ The vehicle has an inbuilt air compressor, and that’s about it…

Also, I know the basic idea behind 4wheel gears but never used L4 in an actual scenario…Also never tried options like crawl control/ a-track, diff lock….

I hope someone from this community can guide me and help out. I am looking forward to seeing everyone on an actual drive very soon!

Thank you!
    Chathu

July 23, 2022 at 9:01 am #47019

Hi,

Welcome to Dubai Offroaders. You only need a radio and a flag to join our drives to start with. You can do the upgrades once you get a chance to see what you need. We have a beginner course that will be ideal for a newbie and you can contact me on 056 799 1641 for more information on that.

Great choice with the FJ!

Faateh

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.