NEWBIE-INTER-ADVANCE DRIVE OCTOBER 10, 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Great!

Daniel, Milva, and Florian will join….

October 9, 2014 at 5:24 pm #31054

Sorry guys can’t make it tom, dint get my car back from service. Will get it on Saturday, anyone in for a drive on saturday ? :drive:

October 10, 2014 at 7:05 am #31055

Sorry guys. Can’t make it today. I am damn sure about tomorrow though. Any marshal available to lead Yohan and myself tomorrow?

October 10, 2014 at 7:42 am #31057
    quote Saj:

Sorry guys. Can’t make it today. I am damn sure about tomorrow though. Any marshal available to lead Yohan and myself tomorrow?

Im sure there would be few more willing to join too! :thanks:

October 10, 2014 at 4:48 pm #31059

Hi!

Dont know his name, but I borrowed him a radio for this trip.

You can call me on 055 123 24 34

Daniel

(grey Pathfinder with exploded airbags………)

October 10, 2014 at 5:26 pm #31060
    quote yohanbaria:

quote Saj:

Im sure there would be few more willing to join too! :thanks:

i might be able to join tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚
    common guys… who else?

October 10, 2014 at 5:29 pm #31061
    quote tobaccoman:

Hi!

Daniel

so sorry about the hard luck today Daniel…
    but hey cheers for the great spirit u got ๐Ÿ™‚

October 11, 2014 at 2:38 am #31062
    quote joe.zeinoun:

quote tobaccoman:

Hi!

Daniel

so sorry about the hard luck today Daniel…
    but hey cheers for the great spirit u got ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Joe!

Many thanks for that great afternoon and also for the kind assistance and valuable advises!
    Will update the forum on this air bag issue once clarified.
    I suspect that the little collision at meeting point before we left has changed the orientation of the crash sensor that afterwards recorded vertical instead as of horizontal accelerations….. ๐Ÿ˜•
    We shall see, but I am so happy that the front air bags did not deploy because this could have caused some painful injuries!
    Hope to see you soon again.

Take care

Daniel

October 11, 2014 at 6:50 am #31063

hi Daniel,
    my pleasure man… im just glad that non of u guys where hurt in anyway.
    sometimes technology proves unreliable and works against us in offroad conditions,
    my ABS kicked in once on a long steep dune, leaving me sliding with speed towards the bottom
    where i crashed the front end of my paj ๐Ÿ™ luckily no airbags deployed as well.
    but ever since i devised a circuit breaker switch to the ABS fuse box where i manually disable it on the sand ๐Ÿ™‚
    probably a similar trick could be done with airbags, at least the side curtain ones just to stay on the safe side.

hope ur insurance agrees to getting that covered for u. u could always tell them it happened on road after hard braking or going fast over a big speed bump. gd luck…
    hope to c u soon again..
    cheers

October 11, 2014 at 3:27 pm #31066

When is the next newbie trip coming up?

October 11, 2014 at 3:40 pm #31067

It will be next Friday.

October 11, 2014 at 8:03 pm #31068

Hey Daniel,

I’m the one who borrowed the radio, i tried to look for you after the trip but i guess u were in the Intermediate group.

The radio is with me and i shall call you tomorrow to return it back n sorry about the confusion….cheers

Sachin

October 12, 2014 at 6:36 am #31070

Hi All,
    Thanks to the organisors of this great trip (my first one with DO). Learned so much including that the car is capable of doing things i wasn’t aware of (quite different from following tracks)! Thanks for the tips of Razek and Joe.
    But it is not always clear who leads or sweeps. Maybe it could be useful to have specifc flags for those cars?
    Many thanks again and hope to be able to join the next one!
    Geof

October 12, 2014 at 1:04 pm #31071

Hello. I was there last friday, but unfortunately i Didn’t accomplish with one of the basic requirements, due to my stupidity, because I was expecting to put petrol at Al Badayer area and obviously there’s no petrol station there at all, this and the fact that i didn’t arrive with enough time avoid me to be part of your convoy.
    Honestly i have to say that I saw there highly modified and very professional cars, nothing to do with my simple old car. So i’m asking to myself if I would be able to drive in the sand without being stuck all the time in comparison with all these perfect machines that I saw. I parked my car there 25 m inside the sand near the convoy and far from tarmac, and really I was thinking that after that, maybe i will not be able to move the car outside of the sand, but I could do even having 35 PSI on the wheels.
    So I have to try next time if you let me, I will arrive with enough time and with all the required things. Finally I want to apologize, because maybe somebody couldn’t come to the trip because of me, and finally I didn’t join to the convoy. Anyway all the people there were very friendly with me, so thanks to all of you for your patience with me.

October 13, 2014 at 7:03 am #31076
    quote Jonsi:

Hello. I was there last friday, but unfortunately i Didn’t accomplish with one of the basic requirements, due to my stupidity, because I was expecting to put petrol at Al Badayer area and obviously there’s no petrol station there at all, this and the fact that i didn’t arrive with enough time avoid me to be part of your convoy.
    Honestly i have to say that I saw there highly modified and very professional cars, nothing to do with my simple old car. So i’m asking to myself if I would be able to drive in the sand without being stuck all the time in comparison with all these perfect machines that I saw. I parked my car there 25 m inside the sand near the convoy and far from tarmac, and really I was thinking that after that, maybe i will not be able to move the car outside of the sand, but I could do even having 35 PSI on the wheels.
    So I have to try next time if you let me, I will arrive with enough time and with all the required things. Finally I want to apologize, because maybe somebody couldn’t come to the trip because of me, and finally I didn’t join to the convoy. Anyway all the people there were very friendly with me, so thanks to all of you for your patience with me.

Mate, if I was at the drive I think you would have felt different ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m driving a stock ’98 Granny :yesss: I was feeling same like you when I started offroading. Your machine is capable, if you maintain it properly, and it all depends on you as a driver, you will improve, you will see.
    I suggest you go through checklists in our Rules of the trip and Equipment that one needs for offroading and you will be good. You just learned it the hard way, no big deal.
    No need to apologize, we always have room for drivers, we dont have limited number of “seats”, everyone is most welcome :ymhug: as long as they are registered, and there is always a next Friday drive, so we expect to see you next drive with us to have some FUN!!! :drive:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.