Pajero 3.0 lwb

• Author

Hey guys, I bought a pajero in 2008 for off-roading and realized that 3.0L engine on a lwb is too weak for the purpose and ended up driving on tarmac. Can someone tell me if I really can do a little bit of sand driving with whatever little hp and torque that I have on my car.
    Thanks in advance
    Satish

October 19, 2013 at 9:15 am #27669

Hi Satish!

As a former driver of a 2005 Pajero 3.0 LWB , I can tell you quite confidently that it’s more than capable of tackling anything that it comes across (in the hands of a capable driver), and will keep up with all the big boys.

It’s a very good car to learn in, and as and when you gain experience, you’ll figure out the one universal offroading truth – IT”S NOT THE CAR, IT”S THE DRIVER!

๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

October 19, 2013 at 9:26 am #27670

Thanks Rakesh! I will join the next newbie drive.

October 19, 2013 at 9:47 am #27672

I agree 100% with Rakesh …

However it is worthwhile mentioning that the following limitations of your Pajero :-

1. Care should be taken during sidesloping … the smaller engine does not provide sufficient power to maintain momentum during extended slidesloping .
    2. Limited Ground clearance … extra care should be taken during ascends and descents to prevent cosmetic damage to the front of vehicle (ie. bumpers,etc) … this is a problem for all vehicles during offroading but the lower ground clearance of the Pajero makes it more susceptible to damage than other makes/models.
    3. Rear Bumper … the ‘notorious’ rear bumper acts as a sand scoop and is one of the first body parts to be damaged while offroading … again extra care required during ascends and descents.

October 19, 2013 at 10:17 am #27673

Thanks Iqsaan!

October 20, 2013 at 6:16 am #27683
    quote satman:

Hey guys, I bought a pajero in 2008 for off-roading and realized that 3.0L engine on a lwb is too weak for the purpose and ended up driving on tarmac. Can someone tell me if I really can do a little bit of sand driving with whatever little hp and torque that I have on my car.
    Thanks in advance
    Satish

Satish,

3L Pajero is not a bad vehicle. I started doing offroading with this vehicle. Know your car better..

http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=434&hilit=pajero+car

Pls have a look in the above thread for more information on Pajero..

October 20, 2013 at 8:26 am #27685
    quote khshareef:

quote satman:

Thanks in advance
    Satish

Satish,

3L Pajero is not a bad vehicle. I started doing offroading with this vehicle. Know your car better..

http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=434&hilit=pajero+car

Thanks Humayun , I scanned through the site and found your posts from 2011 and the pictures. incidentally, I just booked an FJ but cant wait to hit the sand with my Pajero :-W .

Satish

October 20, 2013 at 6:48 pm #27688
    quote satman:

quote khshareef:

quote satman:

Thanks in advance
    Satish

Satish,

Thanks Humayun , I scanned through the site and found your posts from 2011 and the pictures. incidentally, I just booked an FJ but cant wait to hit the sand with my Pajero :-W .

Satish

You can join in Pajero until you get ur new toy

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.