Pajero Bumper modification

• Author

Guys, can someone suggest me a good solution for the rear & front bumper for Pajero, as we all know the fact abt Pajero’s issue with the bumper…Please recommend good garage also.

Thanks
    Naveen 0501471859

September 2, 2013 at 9:57 am #27177

Hi Naveen

You have posted this query under the trips section instead of the Technical section. Hence am guessing that Hamza or the moderators would place this under the correct area.

For your Pajero I would suggest the following 3 minor modifications.
    1. Skid plate – this would immensly protect the under carriage of your car.
    2. Trim off the front bumpers and mud flaps – this will prevent front tire scrapping
    3. For the rear bumber – (A) Either remove the same and leave it at home and re-fix during car passing or (B) Have the same trimmed off from below into a straight line so there is no scooping effect or (C) Fixe an aluminium plate to cover the rear bumpers from inside so that there is again no scooping effect and the bumper stays in place. I have tried option B above and was not very happy with the same so would suggest A or C.

Garages:-
    Best Line Garage in Ghusais – Contact Shibu – 055 8843438 (You can give Shibu my reference)
    Five Star Garage in Rashidiya – Contact Jithu – 050 4295333

September 2, 2013 at 5:03 pm #27181

Thanks Mate, i will do a try . do you have any pictures??

September 6, 2013 at 3:59 am #27226
    quote naveendas:

Thanks Mate, i will do a try . do you have any pictures??

Naveen,
    See the modifications done on my Pajero.

This was done from Five Star Garage.

PM me if you need any help.

Attachments:

September 8, 2013 at 1:21 pm #27233

Dears,

Any suggestions for Nissan Patrol 2013 SE front bumper modification as I bought the offroad bumper and not the city bumper but still managed to hit it last time I came for the :drive:

Regards,

Kartyk

February 18, 2014 at 7:46 am #29106
    quote kartyk:

Dears,

Any suggestions for Nissan Patrol 2013 SE front bumper modification as I bought the offroad bumper and not the city bumper but still managed to hit it last time I came for the :drive:

Regards,

Kartyk

Kartyk, ๐Ÿ˜• until you acquire advanced desert driving techniques and modify your ride your bumper is at risk ๐Ÿ˜‰

Either damage it and live with it until you need to change it for the test then refit old bumper or, use body armour skid plate, lift the vehicle, spend as many hours days and weeks as you can in the sand but there is no guarantee that this will ultimately totally protect your bumper or any other part of the vehicle…roll it and the bumper is a very small detail ๐Ÿ˜• or stop offroading =))

March 9, 2014 at 12:46 pm #29317
    quote brianj:

quote kartyk:

Dears,

Regards,

Kartyk

Kartyk, ๐Ÿ˜• until you acquire advanced desert driving techniques and modify your ride your bumper is at risk ๐Ÿ˜‰

Either damage it and live with it until you need to change it for the test then refit old bumper or, use body armour skid plate, lift the vehicle, spend as many hours days and weeks as you can in the sand but there is no guarantee that this will ultimately totally protect your bumper or any other part of the vehicle…roll it and the bumper is a very small detail ๐Ÿ˜• or stop offroading =))

Hi Brian, totally agree with what you said ๐Ÿ™‚ I drove much better last Friday but the black lip on the rear bumper seems to be puffing outside. now waiting for it to break off and then I will replace it…

February 9, 2017 at 7:48 am #38118

Got my Pajero back yesterday, simply love the work done on it by Five Star Garage!

Got Skid Plate and bumper trimmed, engine checked up and minor works here n there.

Here’s what she looks like now.

February 9, 2017 at 8:05 am #38119

Neat.. hope it gives you more confidence and enjoyment!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.