Presentation and questions

• Author

Good afternoon All!!

i’ve just joined this community as last week i finally bought a car.
    I hope to join you in the future for some trips.

now the concerns and the questions i have…

1) my car is a grand cherokee summit (i know that is not the best off-roder out there but i had to find a compromise with my “boss”), is there any chance i would be able to join and do some trips on the sand or is it too heavy, too low etc etc?
    it’s actually equipped with air suspension
    2) i was looking for tyres but with the 20″ rims i’m struggling to find All Terrain options. I really like the Nitto Terra Grapples but i can’t find them. any suggestions?
    3) i saw that most of the off-road tyres are not in the speed class of the current ones. Is there any issue here in UAE with the police, insurance or RTA test if the sizes and speed class are not in line with the vehicle specs?

Thank you!

May 2, 2016 at 10:39 am #35767

Hello Enrico and welcome ๐Ÿ™‚
    To answer your queries:
    1) yes, but (at least) your bumpers will be damaged. If not on the first trip, then on the second one.
    2) Try on your existing tyres, if they are in good condition. Later you will decide based on your experience. You could get smaller rims together with tyres of your choice.
    3) Not too sure what do you mean by “offroad tyres”, but tyre speed rating is not regularized by any authority.

Cheerz ๐Ÿ™‚

July 1, 2016 at 7:36 pm #36118

Hi everyone,

I am reading this post with great interest, as I am trying to decide what car to choose, and the Grand’Che is one of my option.
    I am looking for a 2013 and before, as I do not like the new gear box and the electronic of the 2014 and beyond, but my question is the same than Enrico’s….
    Is it a suitable car for newby?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Cheers

Alain

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.