Preventing Motion Sickness

• Author

Howdy,

What’s peoples recommendations for addressing motion sickness in our passengers – both kids and adults.

Tablets for the adults sure, kids can even get band-aid like things to stick on their bodies. Has anyone else tried a few options and can share results with me?

I need something especially for my kids so we can continue offroading as a family 🙂
    Cheers all
    J

March 5, 2017 at 10:14 am #38379

Some ppl use Motion Sickness tablets, I have them always with me, but I notice that they have opposite side, passengers become so slippy!! Most important thing is good observation for all passengers, if ppl are limited with view of horizon line or what is going on outside they become sick! Even me in FJ on back seats become sick, most important dont watch on mobile screen while offroading and dont read anything, just watch outside. Hope it will help

March 6, 2017 at 5:46 am #38384

There are several ways you can try to prevent motion sickness:

*Sit in the front seat in a car.
    *Keep your eyes on the horizon.
    *DO NOT read.
    *Rest your head against the seat back, to keep it still.
    *Turn the air vents toward your face.
    *Watch your consumption of foods and drinks before and during dune bashing. Avoid excessive foods or liquids that “do not agree with you” or make you feel unusually full. Heavy, spicy, or fat-rich foods may worsen motion sickness in some people.

March 6, 2017 at 12:08 pm #38387

Some important factors diving has taught us about motion sickness tablets:
    – Be sure to take the pills a good couple of hours before the trip. they take a while to work. So taking them on the trip AFTER you are already suffering from motion sickness would probably not be of good effect.
    – Some pills do lead to drowsiness. So make sure you ask your pharmacist for ones that don’t.

Hope this helps,

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.