"Rising Stars" – An all level drive – 27th March 2015

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    quote RU-MEY:

Hi DO,
    First time to drive

Welcome to Dubai Offroaders Ru-mey.

March 25, 2015 at 4:50 pm #32513

Hi all,

I’m very excited to join you on Friday for the 1st time.

I have a question though. One of the required accessories is ‘off road GPS’. I have a rubicon jeep wrangler 2014 with built-in navigation. Do I need to buy a new one or this should be enough?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
    Renos

March 25, 2015 at 5:05 pm #32515

You won’t need a GPS yet… It’s a nice to have but not a necessity when starting off.

Welcome to DO

March 25, 2015 at 5:09 pm #32516
    quote anastb:

quote Renos Fountoulakis:

Hi guys,

This is my first time as well!

Looking forward to seeing you on Friday!

Thanks,
    Renos

Hey Renos! Welcome on board and believe you won’t regret joining this group and i am 100% sure you will never miss a drive for the rest of your life 🙂

I’ve heard the best about DO and I’m sure that it’ll be a great experience!

March 25, 2015 at 5:10 pm #32517
    quote Iwamas:

You won’t need a GPS yet… It’s a nice to have but not a necessity when starting off.

Welcome to DO

:thanks: for letting me know Ashraf

March 25, 2015 at 7:19 pm #32519

OMG… What a great Line up with good number of registration :drive:
    Thank you Firoz For your efforts..
    See you all..
    Bahaa

March 26, 2015 at 7:30 am #32522

I will be bringing 1 guest too so it will be me +1 for the Safari Camp.
    Looking forward to this 😀

March 26, 2015 at 7:44 am #32523

Hi there,

I am interested in staying overnight with my brother on Friday and wondering whether we need to bring all of the below listed items with us:

1. tent – we have
    2. camping chairs – don’t have
    3. cool box – don’t have
    4. air mattress – we have
    5. bbq pit coal – don’t have
    6. fire wood – don’t have
    7. sleeping bag – we have

Also, can you let me know what’s the cost and how we can register ourselves?

Many thanks in advance and apologies for asking too many questions.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Regards,
    Renos

March 26, 2015 at 7:53 am #32524

Hi there,

I am interested in staying overnight with my brother on Friday and wondering whether we need to bring all of the below listed items with us:

1. tent – we have
    3. cool box – don’t have

Regards,
    Renos

Tomorrows drive is not an overnighter. It’s going to be a regular afternoon drive (a really big and nice one) followed by dinner at one of the safari camps for those interested.

Next weeks drive, the Liwa lollipop 2000 is going to be an overnight drive in which all participants will be setting up a camp and spending the night camping in the desert.

As far as equipment goes, I would say the following are must haves:

Tent
    Sleeping bag
    Firewood (2 bundles per car)
    Food/refreshments

The rest: chairs, cool box to keep refreshments cold are nice to have but not absolutely needed.

As far as BBQ grill, typically we have enough members bring theirs (me included) and you are more than welcome to use it.

March 26, 2015 at 7:58 am #32525
    quote Iwamas:

Hi there,

1. tent – we have
    3. cool box – don’t have

Regards,
    Renos

Tomorrows drive is not an overnighter. It’s going to be a regular afternoon drive (a really big and nice one) followed by dinner at one of the safari camps for those interested.

Next weeks drive, the Liwa lollipop 2000 is going to be an overnight drive in which all participants will be setting up a camp and spending the night camping in the desert.

As far as equipment goes, I would say the following are must haves:

Tent
    Sleeping bag
    Firewood (2 bundles per car)
    Food/refreshments

The rest: chairs, cool box to keep refreshments cold are nice to have but not absolutely needed.

As far as BBQ grill, typically we have enough members bring theirs (me included) and you are more than welcome to use it.

Thanks for the quick response! How can we contribute to the dinner if we wanted to follow?

March 26, 2015 at 8:12 am #32526

Its 50AED per person. As long as you’ve registered for the trip using the link on 1st page, then simply saying on this chat that you’re in for dinner afterwards is enough… You can give the 50ead to one of the marshalls tomorrow

March 26, 2015 at 10:48 am #32530

Dear DO team,
    As a shift worker, I rarely get the chance to go for the desert drive. I have been waiting for this day as this one was special for the so called newbies. But something urgent and unavoidable has come through and I have to pull out of this trip. with the great line up you have Inshah Allah it is going to be great day. I am going to miss that. Hoping to join you soon for a day of fun.
    Regards,
    Abdrahman.

March 26, 2015 at 11:34 am #32531
    quote Abdarrahman:

Dear DO team,
    As a shift worker, I rarely get the chance to go for the desert drive. I have been waiting for this day as this one was special for the so called newbies. But something urgent and unavoidable has come through and I have to pull out of this trip. with the great line up you have Inshah Allah it is going to be great day. I am going to miss that. Hoping to join you soon for a day of fun.
    Regards,
    Abdrahman.

Dear Rahman, Unfortunate you could not join us…..inshallah the next time your schedule permits we will look forward to your company.

March 26, 2015 at 1:36 pm #32533

sorry guys, i had to withdraw my name from the drive, due to some unexpected travel during weekend – enjoy the drive

thanks

March 26, 2015 at 1:49 pm #32534

Looks like an outstanding lineup… Wish I could of joined you guys…

Drive hard and be safe…

See you all in Liwa!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 118 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.