Radio & GPS

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author

es macht Spaß, obwohl

August 1, 2012 at 2:14 pm #18171

Sic est multus of fun!

January 16, 2013 at 10:54 am #22115

Topic full of chinese & other language, No good information about buying a good GPS for off-road….except the link to amit…and that too without prices..

January 16, 2013 at 12:22 pm #22120
    quote DAVID:

Topic full of chinese & other language, No good information about buying a good GPS for off-road….except the link to amit…and that too without prices..

Choosing an off road GPS is very simple. I suggest only two GPS’s to everyone. Either the Garmin Montana. Or the Garmin 276C.

Garmin Montana – http://sites.garmin.com/montana/

Garmin 276C – http://www8.garmin.com/products/gpsmap276c/

I suggest call up AMIT or if you want these GPS’s used. Open up a topic. People willing to sell their GPS will surely contact you.

January 16, 2013 at 12:24 pm #22121
    quote DAVID:

Hey David, for more information on GPS and price range check the below hyperlinks, may be useful.
    http://www.ic4uae.com/SubCategory.aspx?subid=5&PageNo=1&Order=1&Count=12
    http://www.amitdubai.net/automotive.php
    As far as GPS for offroad usage is concerned, my vote goes for Garmin. Price range is your budget.

You need to have the below minimum features in the GPS device for offroad navigation:-
    1) Direct Routing or Offroad Navigation
    2) Track Log (to see the track you drove) – track record / save / recall are advanced features which are not a must.
    3) Latest map (buy or download) – required to determine the nearest road / exit point.

Check DO classified section as well – http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/buysell/single_ad.php?ad_id=13

January 21, 2013 at 11:50 am #22362

:thanks:
    Αυτή είναι μια πολύ περιεκτική μετά Kumar, όπως ένας πλούτος των πληροφοριών που διατίθενται σε όλα τα μέλη, και τι διασκέδαση, διασκέδαση στην εκμάθηση βρει το δρόμο μας, και η μεγαλύτερη διασκέδαση όλων των “οδήγηση στην έρημο με ένα μάτσο καλά παιδιά … Ω και τα κορίτσια φυσικά! :drive:

January 21, 2013 at 12:03 pm #22363
    quote brianj:

Αυτή είναι μια πολύ περιεκτική μετά Kumar, όπως ένας πλούτος των πληροφοριών που διατίθενται σε όλα τα μέλη, και τι διασκέδαση, διασκέδαση στην εκμάθηση βρει το δρόμο μας, και η μεγαλύτερη διασκέδαση όλων των “οδήγηση στην έρημο με ένα μάτσο καλά παιδιά … Ω και τα κορίτσια φυσικά! :drive:

😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮

January 21, 2013 at 2:24 pm #22372
    quote brianj:

:thanks: This is a very comprehensive after Kumar, as a wealth of information available to all members, and what fun, fun in learning find our way, and most of all fun “driving in the desert with a bunch of good guys …

Oh and the girls of course! :drive:

January 21, 2013 at 5:57 pm #22384

UHF Radio available in Dragon Mart

Shop Name : Dubaishengda Trading FZCO
    Shop No. BAI-05

AED 160/unit (Just say you are from Dubai Offroaders, Contact Mr. LIU 050 8797266, 04 3687184)

[color=#0040BF]If there is a group buy, you might be get a good discount. (Don’t forget the slogan “Dubai Offroaders”)[/color]

January 27, 2013 at 10:44 am #22518

hi guys,

Got myself a radio from the indicated shop in Dragon Mart.
    Just a bit of update on price. The Motorola radio is now 220dhs and although I tried to go down to 200dhs and mentioned DO, I endep up paying 220dhs. Its ok, I guess.
    One of the girls in the shop also set it up for me, I had the list of frequencies with me. It looked like an easy job, I hope it ll work fine and looking forward to the next drive I can attend.

January 27, 2013 at 11:10 am #22519
    quote Ganesh:

quote brianj:

😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

January 27, 2013 at 3:58 pm #22526
    quote Mitch:

hi guys,

Got myself a radio from the indicated shop in Dragon Mart.
    Just a bit of update on price. The Motorola radio is now 220dhs and although I tried to go down to 200dhs and mentioned DO, I endep up paying 220dhs. Its ok, I guess.
    One of the girls in the shop also set it up for me, I had the list of frequencies with me. It looked like an easy job, I hope it ll work fine and looking forward to the next drive I can attend.

Looks like neighboring country buyers increased the price, Retailers know that if a dubai resident didn’t buy a neighboring country men will definitely buy for the high price..

February 7, 2013 at 8:42 am #23005

Price Update for GPS – Shoppers

AMIT DUBAI
    Garmin Montana 650 = AED 2100 + AED 600 (Middle east Maps)
    Garmin Montana 650t = AED 2450 + AED 600 (Middle East maps)
    Only device, No suction mounts..

February 7, 2013 at 8:50 am #23006

If AMIT are out of stock Adventure sport also has the 600 & 650 at 2195,
    suction mount +power cable is 250
    and the Masrat UAE?OMAN off road map is 300
    😀

February 28, 2013 at 10:55 am #23858

Hello DO

Well i am brand new to the GPS world and have been reading up some bit, came across this unit from Garmin which seem to check all the important requirements and additionally seem to track both GPS and GLONASS (from the russian federation effective 2012) satellites . Do let me know if i have missed some here. I have copied the specs from the web site.

Garmin eTrex® 20 (Price $200)

Physical & Performance:
    Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 2.1″ x 4.0″ x 1.3″ (5.4 x 10.3 x 3.3 cm)
    Display size, WxH: 1.4″ x 1.7″ (3.5 x 4.4 cm); 2.2″ diag (5.6 cm)
    Display resolution, WxH: 176 x 220 pixels
    Display type: transflective, 65-K color TFT
    Weight: 5 oz (141.7 g) with batteries
    Battery: 2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
    Battery life: 25 hours
    Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
    Floats: no
    High-sensitivity receiver: yes
    Interface: USB

Maps and Memory:
    Basemap: yes
    Preloaded maps: no
    Ability to add maps: yes
    Built-in memory: 1.7 GB
    Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
    Waypoints/favorites/locations: 2000
    Routes: 200
    Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks

Features and Benefits:
    Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
    Electronic compass: no
    Touchscreen: no
    Barometric altimeter: no
    Camera: no
    Geocaching-friendly: yes (paperless)
    Custom maps compatible: yes
    Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): yes
    Sun and moon information: yes
    Tide tables: yes
    Area calculation: yes
    Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): yes
    Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): no
    Picture viewer: yes
    Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): yes

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.