RE-DISCOVER D SAND MOUNTAIN (Trip Postponed 2 Jabal Akhdar)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • Author

Anil,

You wrote that this trip starts on March 3rd, and that we will be back on Saturday. At the same time, you said that this would be a 2 day trip. Now, according to my calendar, March 3rd is a Thursday.

So, I am wondering, whether you made a mistake in the date, or is this actually going to be a 3 day trip?

I’m thinking about joining, but I work on Thursday.

Regards,

Milan

February 20, 2011 at 9:22 am #13713
    quote Milan:

Anil,

You wrote that this trip starts on March 3rd, and that we will be back on Saturday. At the same time, you said that this would be a 2 day trip. Now, according to my calendar, March 3rd is a Thursday.

So, I am wondering, whether you made a mistake in the date, or is this actually going to be a 3 day trip?

I’m thinking about joining, but I work on Thursday.

Regards,

Milan

Hi Milan
    The reason we want to travel on Thursday 2 pm is, the drive time is about 5 to 6 hours + time @ the Hatta border it means we will reach by 8 or 9 pm thursday. Since there is more then -10 to 15°C temperature difference we need some time to get use to the climate, friday and till saturday afternoon we can spend good time at the mountain, and if we leave on friday we will not have even 24 hours to spend there and will drive more than 12 hours. I know thursday is working day for most of us I’m taking half day off from work because of this trip and hope everyone else can manage it too.
    :thanks:

February 20, 2011 at 9:26 am #13714
    quote survetushar:

Thursday working for me too…. agree with Brian on this one

hi Tushar. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
    Thursday is working day for me too……………………………. 😮 and where is Brian in this??????
    half day off from work for this trip……… 😉 😉 😉

February 24, 2011 at 9:43 am #13732

:drive: :drive: :drive:
    Hi all,
    Some of the members and participants of this drive requested to postpone this drive for a week.( in place of 3 march it will be 10 of march) I just want to know is its ok with you all?
    Please put in your suggestion and feedback.

February 24, 2011 at 9:47 am #13733
    quote anilberry:

:drive: :drive: :drive:
    Hi all,
    Some of the members and participants of this drive requested to postpone this drive for a week.( in place of 3 march it will be 10 of march) I just want to know is its ok with you all?
    Please put in your suggestion and feedback.

Anil bhai , i think i will go for the 10th march .

February 24, 2011 at 12:12 pm #13734

10th march 🙂

February 26, 2011 at 10:08 am #13737

[center]After having the word with all interested participants we set the New Date for this Trip.[/center]
    Date 17th March 2011
    Meeting: 2.15 PM (Tawi Nizwa) Convoy will be leaving sharp 2.30 PM.
    You need to have your passport, car registration license and Oman insurance. If you do not have Oman insurance, it can be obtained from the border at the cost of AED 100.
    This is 2 nights Trip. We will be back in Dubai By Saturday Evening.

Following are few details about Jabal Al Akhdar.

Jabal Al Akhdar (The Green Mountain)

About hundred seventy five Km southwest of Muscat, the highest peak of the Jabal al-Akhdar (“green mountain” in Arabic) region is Jabal Shams, which rises to nearly 10,000 feet. The region received its name from the relatively abundant vegetation found on its slopes and valleys. Because it receives up to twenty-eight inches of rain per year, and portions of it have suitable soil in its valleys, plateaus, and man-made terraces, a variety of agricultural products can be grown in Jabal al-Akhdar, including wheat, legumes, and a variety of fruits such as grapes, pomegranates, and peaches. The thrilling views from the Jabal al Akhder, as well as its balmy climate, are among the qualities that distinguish it as one of the top tourism spots in the Sultanate.

Weather @ Jabal Al Akhdar
    The winter season starts by the middle of October and lasts till March (Jabal Al Akhdar). Since March is the end of winter season weather should be very pleasant but it could be cold for some of us the Average temperature in March is High of 16.0 °C and Low 7.0 °C. So please keep some woolen clothes with you.

Accommodation
    We will be staying in furnished apartments. So you don’t have to carry your camping gear we will be having heating in our rooms and hot water in Bathrooms, kitchen ready to cook. We have to cay the foodstuff we need. Otherwise there are few restaurants and cafeterias in the village. The accommodation will not cost much if its three bedrooms & hall apartments it usually 75 to 80 OMR.

Note: since we have to book the apartments every one who wants be the part of this trip has to conform at least one week before the trip or other wise latecomers have to carry there’s camping gear.

For any further enquiry on this trip feel free to call Anil Berry 050/628-5171.

All those seriously interested and sure of their participation shall start registering by putting in their names, car type mob Nos.

February 26, 2011 at 10:09 am #13738

:drive:
    List of participants:
    1 Anil Berry + 1
    4 .

February 26, 2011 at 11:13 am #13741

List of participants:
    1 Anil Berry + 1 :drive:
    2.Salim Khan + 1 :drive:
    4 .

February 26, 2011 at 5:21 pm #13742

List of participants:
    1 Anil Berry + 1
    2.Salim Khan + 1
    3. Jessil
    4 .Abdulla + 3

March 5, 2011 at 8:00 am #13800

List of participants:
    1 Anil Berry + 1
    2.Salim Khan + 1
    3. Jessil
    4 .Abdulla + 3
    5. Sridhar +2

March 12, 2011 at 6:27 pm #13827

Please add Zaheer + 1.25 (Wife and small baby 😉

March 13, 2011 at 11:19 am #13838
    quote zeddy:

Please add Zaheer + 1.25 (Wife and small baby 😉

:)) :)) :))
    welcome Zaheer.

March 13, 2011 at 11:31 am #13839

Since there is some disturbance going on in Oman I wanted to know from all of you how comfortable you all feel at this point to travel to Oman? If you all agree we can change the destination and do overnighter camping trip to Hatta, which we have not done in this season anyway.
    :-w Waiting for your feedback

March 13, 2011 at 12:04 pm #13841
    quote anilberry:

Since there is some disturbance going on in Oman I wanted to know from all of you how comfortable you all feel at this point to travel to Oman? If you all agree we can change the destination and do overnighter camping trip to Hatta, which we have not done in this season anyway.
    :-w Waiting for your feedback

Why Hatta?
    Why not an overnight camping trip to Faqa / Sweihan?
    Some nice places that may have been discovered on one of your exploration drives?
    Maybe we can have a trip to the Faqa/ Sweihan/ Sand Mountain area on a Friday afternoon with overnight camping at the end of the drive?

If it is SAND I am in on it!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.