RE-DISCOVER D SAND MOUNTAIN (Trip Postponed 2 Jabal Akhdar)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    quote Ahmed Pervez:

quote anilberry:

Since there is some disturbance going on in Oman I wanted to know from all of you how comfortable you all feel at this point to travel to Oman? If you all agree we can change the destination and do overnighter camping trip to Hatta, which we have not done in this season anyway.
    :-w Waiting for your feedback

Why Hatta?
    Why not an overnight camping trip to Faqa / Sweihan?
    Some nice places that may have been discovered on one of your exploration drives?
    Maybe we can have a trip to the Faqa/ Sweihan/ Sand Mountain area on a Friday afternoon with overnight camping at the end of the drive?

If it is SAND I am in on it!!!

I think Faqa/Sweihan drive sounds good !!!!!!!!! 😉
    I am on for it Anil / Ahmed bhai :ymapplause:

March 13, 2011 at 5:31 pm #13846
    quote Ahmed Pervez:

quote anilberry:

Since there is some disturbance going on in Oman I wanted to know from all of you how comfortable you all feel at this point to travel to Oman? If you all agree we can change the destination and do overnighter camping trip to Hatta, which we have not done in this season anyway.
    :-w Waiting for your feedback

Why Hatta?
    Why not an overnight camping trip to Faqa / Sweihan?
    Some nice places that may have been discovered on one of your exploration drives?
    Maybe we can have a trip to the Faqa/ Sweihan/ Sand Mountain area on a Friday afternoon with overnight camping at the end of the drive?

If it is SAND I am in on it!!!

Supporting to the Chairman…

If it is SAND I am also in on it!!!

March 14, 2011 at 9:27 am #13852

:thanks:
    Thanks to Ahmed bhai, Tushar Surve, Abdullau, & Thanseer for the feedback I’m wait feedback from listed participants for this drive Salim Khan, Jessil, Sridhar & Zaheer. As far as I’m concerned I have no issues wadi or sand doesn’t make any deference for me the condition is only one and that is good company of friends.

March 14, 2011 at 10:27 am #13853

Sounds good to me too! Oman doesn’t sound safe right now.

Anywhere… whether it is Sand or Mountain… as long as it is Off-road!

March 15, 2011 at 7:12 am #13856

Yes, I agree with your comments on the situation in oman. One more vote for the night camp al Faqa or Sweihan + drive on the dunes – can’t be better than that !!!!!!! :drive: :ymparty:

Thanks Anil for your efforts, Hope the situation in Oman get’s better soon for another posting. :thanks:

March 15, 2011 at 11:59 am #13858

Fine then it’s decided we will do Some Local Drive in place of Trip to Jabal Al Akhdar.
    I will post the drive in some time….

March 15, 2011 at 12:01 pm #13859

[center]
    RE-DISCOVER THE SAND MOUNTAIN
    [/center]

This is an INTERMEDIATE DRIVE ONLY. Very challenging terrain in between Sweihan & Al-ain. This area is packed out with some very high soft Dunes. We have visited Sand Mountain about two years back. By the time we reached Sand Mountain it was about sunset time, if we need to enjoy Sand Mountain to the fullest we have to be there well before sunset.

Date: Friday the 18th of March ‘2011.
    Meeting Point. Al faqa Mosque. (Outside)
    Meeting time 1 pm. (People who wants to offer there prayer At Al faqa Mosque Juma prayers time is about 12:29 pm) but please re-check the prayer timings. http://www.guidedways.com/prayertimes/prayertimings-country-united_arab_emirates-city-Dubai-state-Dubayy-latitude-25.2522-longitude-55.28.htm
    Departure. Right after Juma prayers.

Some of us are planning to stay back & camp. We will have a barbecue there. Please carry barbecue items meat, food, charcoal and drinks etc. For self and your passengers. Each car has to contribute at least two bundles of wood for the bonfire.

Requirements:

Minimum Three Stars. LOL
    Basic Recovery Tools must be available in each vehicle, all vehicles must have a recovery point at front & rear of the vehicle. Your car should be in good condition mechanically. And make sure everyone in the car has his or her seat belts on…..
    Please read the trip rules before confirming for the drive.
    This drive will be lead by Mr. Ahmed Pervez.

March 15, 2011 at 12:02 pm #13860

List of participants:
    1 Anil Berry
    4 .

March 15, 2011 at 12:07 pm #13861
    quote anilberry:

List of participants:
    1 Anil Berry
    2.Abdullah
    4 .
    March 15, 2011 at 12:10 pm #13862

Anil Bhai , where can we get the stars from ?

March 15, 2011 at 12:18 pm #13863
    quote abdullau:

Anil Bhai , where can we get the stars from ?

😉
    You know what one has to do to get stars it was explained in details at last Active Members Meeting.

March 15, 2011 at 12:20 pm #13864

List of participants:
    :drive:
    1 Anil Berry
    2.Abdullah
    4 .

March 15, 2011 at 1:12 pm #13865

List of participants:
    :drive:
    1 Anil Berry
    2.Abdullah
    3. Sridhar
    4 .

March 15, 2011 at 2:04 pm #13866

Do you accept also zero stars drivers? #:-s
    1 Anil Berry
    2.Abdullah
    3. Sridhar
    4. Caprihorse

March 15, 2011 at 3:51 pm #13867
    quote caprihorse:

Do you accept also zero stars drivers? #:-s

Silvester there is very less difference in Zero n Hero. =)) =)) =))
    U r more than welcome……. :thanks:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.