Rims

• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Seb.
  • Author

After going to a “tire shop” to balance my tires due to vibration after 80 Klm/h. I was told both of my rims were bent.

It’s kinda upsetting as the car is relatively new (6-7) months, and yes we’ve been doing the drives, but there was really no big shocks that could justify bending both rims!

I was told I could try to go to “unbend” them, sure I will try to do this, but it’s probably not a good long term solution.

I guess I will ultimately need to go and get some new ones… any advice on good rims and what to look for?

Thank you.

Sebastien

October 19, 2016 at 11:40 am #36888

Check them again at Yellow Hat. They have proper tools, which are kept calibrated.
    I was told many times on my other cars that rims are bent, however it was only a way to make more money ๐Ÿ˜‰

October 19, 2016 at 11:46 am #36889
    quote JustDen:

Check them again at Yellow Hat. They have proper tools, which are kept calibrated.
    I was told many times on my other cars that rims are bent, however it was only a way to make more money ๐Ÿ˜‰

ok, this was at Tyre plus, they seemed to have good tools. but sure I can check again, but they dont sell rims, so they don’t really have a financial interest in telling me they can’t balance my tires…

Anonymous
    October 19, 2016 at 12:13 pm #36890

Does yellow hat still exist? Their shop in Time Square center is long closed.

October 19, 2016 at 12:32 pm #36891

Get method rims and thank me later

October 19, 2016 at 3:10 pm #36892
    quote JustDen:

Thank you, @JustDen I went to an other place, they confirmed that one rim had something not right, but they were able to balance anyways.

It would still be good to hear what every one thinks about rims…

Sebastien

October 19, 2016 at 4:26 pm #36894

i bent mine as well once. got them repaired in shj bmw rd for a relatively cheap price. one was even broken at the beed and they managed to rebuild it exactly the same! the shop does hundreds of rims, they simply heat the rim and hanmer it back to specs on a laith.
    i guess its ur front right if im not mistaken…

October 19, 2016 at 4:46 pm #36896

heres the location of the shop just opp habtoor motors:
    https://goo.gl/maps/yGEDRqXVoYT2

if the bend is not major u need to tell him not to use heat! as ur rims are black and will have to be repainted after heating. thy should still be able to get it in shape without heating…
    best of luck

October 19, 2016 at 5:52 pm #36897

I second Joe. I had a bent rim last year. This shop in sharjah did an amazing job. If I remember correctly they charged me AED200 for fixing it.

October 19, 2016 at 6:39 pm #36898

Ironically i also fixed a broken rim in same shop ๐Ÿ™‚ many years ago ๐Ÿ™‚

Yellow Hat is in Nadd Al Hamar.
    Recently they fixed one of my family car which was having huuuuge vibration even after 60kmph. Now it drives perfectly!

Glad you fixed it.

Cheers.

October 20, 2016 at 4:40 am #36900
    quote Asim:

Get method rims and thank me later

:thanks: @Asim I’ll check this out

October 20, 2016 at 4:46 am #36901
    quote joe.zeinoun:

i bent mine as well once. got them repaired in shj bmw rd for a relatively cheap price. one was even broken at the beed and they managed to rebuild it exactly the same! the shop does hundreds of rims, they simply heat the rim and hanmer it back to specs on a laith.
    i guess its ur front right if im not mistaken…

@joe
    .zeinoun, Good idea, I found a place that got them balanced, if I have this issue again, I’ll get them fixed as you say. If I bend them again then I’ll seek out new ones.

I also would have thought it would be the front right, but they said both. so I am a bit suspicious as I never had a big bump on the left.

the important thing is that we are now ready for the drive tomorrow!

:thanks:
    Sebastien

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.