Safety issues

• Author

In order to ensure safety and security in all our club trips, the following rules have to be strictly followed:
    – Driver and all passengers must fasten their seat belts all the time during the trip.
    – All participated vehicles must have proper tow points.
    – Each car should carry at least one rated Shackle, Tow rope (Not cheap ones from Carrefur or dragon mart. Towing ropes should be bought from ACE Hardware, ARB or similar approved 4×4 accessories shop ONLY, it should be Min. 8000 Tones Capacity for a light car like Wranglers and 15000 Tones for a heavy car like Land cruiser and Patrols).
    – Each member should carry his own air compressor, Deflation tool, pressure gauge and a shovel.
    – Each vehicle should start the trip with a full petrol tank.
    – Each vehicle that participates on a trip must be in mint mechanical condition.
    – No overtaking is allowed during the drive in the dessert or on road.
    – Advanced drivers have to respect newbie’s and intermediate drivers during the trip and always give the priority and their own time in case passing a difficult route of the trip. Remember when you were a newbie and all these advanced drivers bothering you and don’t give you enough space to breath.
    – We only wait 10 minutes in the meeting point at the start of each trip. Late comers will not be entertained. You have to come 15 Minutes earlier than the meeting time if you need to refuel or buy any water and drinks from the petrol station.
    – Always have your mobile battery fully charged before joining the trip and never switch it off or put it in silent during the trip. We might need to call you during the trip at any point.
    – Keep the trip leader mobile number with you. You don’t know when you will need it.

Hope the above is clear to everyone. If you have any comment or question or would like to add anything on these instructions, please feel free

December 29, 2008 at 6:30 am #9131

We shud not drink and drive. First for everybody safety and second so that you can enjoy offroad driving more when you are sober and face any unexpected situation that may arise.

I have endless mishaps in my family and friends due to the same, and i dont want to see same thing happening in the club.

Thanks if you understand.

December 29, 2008 at 7:45 am #9133
    quote Gaurav:

We shud not drink and drive. First for everybody safety and second so that you can enjoy offroad driving more when you are sober and face any unexpected situation that may arise.

I have endless mishaps in my family and friends due to the same, and i dont want to see same thing happening in the club.

Thanks if you understand.

good point gaurav…. we wont let any one to drive under influence of alchole..

December 29, 2008 at 8:05 am #9134
    quote Desert Dragon:

it should be Min. 8000 Tones Capacity for a light car like Wranglers and 15000 Tones for a heavy car like Land cruiser and Patrols).

I think you meant 8,000kg to 15,000kg Jess.
    I suggest checking your manual for actually gross kerb weight of car x2 = your tow rope and shackle capacity

Also, do we really need a compressor for newbie/fewbie/inter trips ? Most of the time we have inflation points nearby…

And one point for leaders – if you see a hazard (sharp drop or bump), scream it out on the walkie or block convoy path – this last trip, I waved down the cars behind me to avoid the ‘pankaj bumper breaking dune drop’.

I do realise it would have been easier if I had a walkie… will get one asap…

Above said with much respect to leaders… your guidance is much appreciated.

December 29, 2008 at 8:19 am #9136
    quote Sahmed:

quote Desert Dragon:

it should be Min. 8000 Tones Capacity for a light car like Wranglers and 15000 Tones for a heavy car like Land cruiser and Patrols).

I think you meant 8,000kg to 15,000kg Jess.

rating of 8000-15000 pounds (neither tonnes 😉 nor kgs)is good enough for the vehicals we typically drive. Rule of thumb is 1.5 times of the all-up weight of your vehicle

December 29, 2008 at 8:30 am #9137

Thanks AJs for putting long story short. lol.

By the way sahmed: 1 ton = 1000 kgs.

Normal 4×4 what we drive vary from 1.5 – 3.00 ton max.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.