Sand Mountain Drive on Friday the 30th of September 2016

• This topic has 36 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Ankit.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Click on the following link
    https://goo.gl/maps/kJFxoC6Nw1E2

September 26, 2016 at 3:41 pm #36668

Thanks ahmed & will see you there with two new joiner inshalah

September 27, 2016 at 1:16 pm #36694

@Prasad23, click on the google maps link above and it’ll open the map with a pin on the exact meeting point location.

September 28, 2016 at 6:15 am #36698

im innnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Anonymous
    September 29, 2016 at 3:12 pm #36714

Dear Ahmad,

Thanks for organizing this trip…. I’m excited to discover a new area!

September 29, 2016 at 9:00 pm #36715

40+ participants :-BD looks like a amazing drive, but unfortunately I will be missing it :(( as my Jeep is having some heating issue and dont want to mess up in such a challenging terrain :-ss . Have fun guys :drive: .Al the best.

September 29, 2016 at 9:15 pm #36716

@Ankit Hey bud, sorry to hear about the heating problem. Is it your radiator temp that’s going up? or something else? I ask because i had an issue with the radiator temp going up at low speeds even when i’m not pushing the truck. It heated up (above the middle line) even if i was standing still.

If you’re having the same issue then most probably there is air trapped in your radiator which makes it harder to cool. It’s an easy fix. Just go to any gas station that have a lube/mechanic station and tell them the radiator is heating up a lot. What they should do is remove the radiator cap, let the car run for a bit and keep filling it with water to get all the air out. After that it shouldn’t heat up anymore.

I hope this is the problem and you can fix it tomorrow morning and come for the drive ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    September 30, 2016 at 4:58 am #36719

Hey Sash, nice advise but why you need a mechanic to do it? Sounds like an easy diy exercise to me. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Cheers

September 30, 2016 at 6:00 am #36721

@Sash716 thanks for the advice. I m facing somewhat similar kind of prob. I mean while standing still temp is not going up, it’s just when I start using 1st / 2nd gears for even 1 min. Also all this have started after getting a major engine work done @ trading enterprise. That’s the reason I was planning to give the Jeep back to them as it’s still under warranty.
    But as ur idea sounds really simple I will give a try to find someone to do it or try myself.

Anonymous
    September 30, 2016 at 6:34 am #36722

Enjoy this drive guys.. while I shall be in the office just dreaming of the sands :(…

Miss Me ๐Ÿ˜›

September 30, 2016 at 6:58 am #36723

Right…all checked n excited, leaving DXB in an hour to the meeting point, CU all!!

September 30, 2016 at 8:03 am #36724

@edeg1972 you don’t really need a mechanic hehe just that when i first did it I didn’t know what the problem was so i took it to one. It’s easily doable just have to be super careful with the hot radiator especially opening it.

@Ankit
    Ya for me it started about the same time. Took the car for service and they told me I had a problem with the radiator so they changed it under warranty. A week after I started getting the heating issues and i noticed it because the fan would go into overdrive and was very loud. There is a liquid specifically for radiators which you can add (completely optional but not necessary).
    Funny enough it’s called “Water Wetter” lol
    It basically reduces the friction between the water molecules so air bubbles don’t form or something like that. I’ve only read about this chemical and haven’t used it personally, just something to look into for the future.

September 30, 2016 at 9:02 am #36725

@Sash716 did the process myself. It was an easy task ๐Ÿ˜€ however my building security is not happy with the coolant flowing in the parking :p.
    But unfortunately it’s late now to reach and also home ministry have made some other plans for the day ๐Ÿ™ . I will test drive my Jeep tomorrow and update the status ๐Ÿ™‚ .

September 30, 2016 at 4:52 pm #36728

Guys, thanks for your help in getting me to the garage from a complete loss of power on my FJ.

As suspected it was all related to the intake manifold and with less pressure and a cleaner environment, I was able to get the car going again and back to Dubai on its own stem.

Thanks Asim for the tow and Naseem making sure that I got to safety. Thanks Alex for the tape and apologies to all for breaking up the drive.

Many thanks again for all that helped.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.