Saturday 17th – Sweihan – Intermediate ++

• Author

Day and date: Saturday 17th October
    Drive Type: Intermediate to Advanced
    Meeting Point:
    Google maps users (just copy and paste in Google maps): 24.398376, 55.375876
    GPS users: N24° 23.943′ E55° 22.559′
    Meeting Time: 1.45pm
    Drive Start: 2.00pm
    Drive End: 6pm
    Duration: 4hrs
    Drive Route: It will be sand as if you needed to ask!
    Drive Terrain: Massive dunes, ridges, bowls and soft soft sand

This is the first trip to Sweihan this season. It is for intermediate and upwards only as this route is quite possibly the best route available within an hours drive from Dubai. It is also very challenging as the dunes are huge and the sand very soft at this time of year.

It will be limited to 5/6 cars for registrations of members. Marshalls are of course free to join as the more the merrier.

So hurry and book your spot, this will be fun :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

This is the location of the large mosque close to the meeting location.: N24° 28.201′ E55° 20.462′

And this is the fuel station: N24° 28.283′ E55° 20.469′ but please beware this does not stock any food or drink. Here is the location of a small supermarket for such – N24° 28.282′ E55° 20.533′ very close by.

Checklist:
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure it’s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gear / recovery equipment in good working condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

October 14, 2015 at 2:51 pm #33947

Very tempting Duncan.
    I do hope I recover from a severe flu and ear infection to join you guys. Can’t register yet. Have fun in all cases.

October 14, 2015 at 5:42 pm #33954

Registrations are now closed for this drive. Sorry folks but a smallish convoy is a must on this route.

October 15, 2015 at 5:31 am #33956

This topic is now hopefully locked. But if any registered member cannot make it please advise as there is already a waiting list of people wanting to join.

Also please make sure your vehicles are in tip top working order. This route is very taxing on the engine so all checks are necessary. And do not be late! We are leaving at 2pm on the dot.

For those that live springs side take the truck road. Its 55 minutes as opposed to 1hour 20mins down the Al Ain Road.

October 16, 2015 at 4:00 pm #33963

Duncan, i am interested for the drive.. let me know if there is any spot available.

Thanks.

October 17, 2015 at 6:02 am #33968

Hi Deva, all members are coming as far as I know and so no free spots sorry. I will be doing another Sweihan drive next Saturday if your interested to join that. Watch for the post on Sunday.

October 18, 2015 at 3:35 am #33972

amazing drive yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/248053532355/permalink/10153644310917356/

October 18, 2015 at 4:06 am #33973

Fantastic drive yesterday guys. Thanks all for joining. Everybody drive incredibly well and we covered some good ground. Hopefully next time we can make the full 40km.

Thanks Asem and Walter for the recovery support and the great video of our exploit’s above.

See you all next week for some similar action.

October 18, 2015 at 3:27 pm #33984

:thanks: for the drive duncan and to all convoy members… See you in about 4 weeks! 😀

October 18, 2015 at 5:56 pm #33988

Thank you Duncan for this drive. This was my first drive in Sweihan and i personally liked this area a lot,i believe all the other drivers did as well.
    This area is definitely quiet,not so crowded like the other routes. We have seen from the beginning to end only two other 4x4s.The other point, which is worth to mention is the dimensions of the dunes and bowles.They are massive, which makes you keeping your smile on your face for a longer time while cresting or climbing on a long ridge. 😀
    A few words about the bowls we played in,they were amazing, which requires every single power of horses in the engine to make it properly.
    Still having the taste of the drive and looking forward to exploring the other parts of Sweihan!
    Thank you all the other drivers and Asem for the video you shared! :thanks:
    See you on next drive. :drive:
    Regards,Mustafa

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.