Saturday Morning Fewbee++ to Intermediate Drive on 9/2/2013

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    quote thomasinasu:

Ashok,

WOW i just noticed the line up of drivers and this is quiet the star studded line up of Martials and senior guys you have in support of your drive, sure to be an awesome morning.

Sure…. we will be blessed with our “offroading Giants”.

:drive: :drive:

February 6, 2013 at 4:42 pm #22994

Hi Ashok…just wanted to let u know that I have been offroading for 15 years in the dunes…I am looking forward to your maiden trip as Marshal this saturday!

February 8, 2013 at 5:28 pm #23045

Hi Guys…do you to some family commitment…have to back out of the drive tomorrow morning…have a fun day and drive safe…Mehboob

February 8, 2013 at 5:37 pm #23049

Wow.. 5 Marshals and 6 members.. Hmmm…Going to be interesting drive…Have fun guys..

February 8, 2013 at 8:14 pm #23057

Unable to attend…Workshop appointment for 4H problem…Have fun Do’s..

February 9, 2013 at 1:54 pm #23065

:thanks: to Ashok, amazing lead :drive: in varied terrain, we were rocking mate ๐Ÿ˜€
    :thanks: must go to Marshalls; Kumar, Ganesh,Thanseer, & Amjed for watching over us :ymhug:
    :ymapplause: to Wasi for being then only one to make it to the top
    :thanks: to my brothers of the sand for their combined company, Shabeer, Tom, Saj, Rein, Musbah, Hendrik and Matthews (Paul also), hopefully I didn’t forget anyone.

Once the fog and the cold lifted we moved off, I realised that we weren’t so very far away from Ghost town and wondered about the influence, and then I saw Camels OMG, what is coming our way, However our trusty Marshall spirited them away and we enjoyed a very interesting days drive in what seemed sometimes to be a massive garden of trees and shrubs!!
    :thanks:

February 9, 2013 at 3:56 pm #23069

Congrats Ashok for your maiden drive & excellent lead and very good terrain chosen for the drive, firstly small trick dunes with bushes , then very soft sand patches & then big dunes.

appreciate all the drives skills today to prove themselves enough to drive the level of difficulties.

thanks to all the members at today drive, hope everyone got their weekend thirst quenched thoroughly.

Look forward to see all again next week with lots of energy to surf the dunes.

drive safe & enjoy.

February 9, 2013 at 7:14 pm #23071

Congratulations Ashok for the maiden official lead :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Special appreciations for choosing this uncommon, long and trick terrain for the maiden lead. You did a great job :-BD :-BD :-BD For sure, it divulges your experience and confidence level. A very responsible job, very well executed ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ For me, it was not at all a surprise ๐Ÿ˜€ It was just what I expected as I witnessed in the past how you executed the same task when it was assigned to you during couple of my drives ๐Ÿ™‚

Dada is getting lazy now adays for the drive reports.. isn’t it??? ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

I really enjoyed the free drive at sweep along with Amjed and Thanseer ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you all for the wonderful company, support and safe driving.

Special thanks and appreciations to the positive attitude and untiring efforts by Musbah and Sanjay Matthews (with Paul) for sweep and convoy support :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: A very long way ahead for you guys!!! :-BD :-BD :-BD

Hendrik, I like your truck…. sorry Bus :)) :)) :)) You drove your bus very well and I didnt see it stopping anywhere :-BD By the way, who all in the convoy had an absolute easy drive at this tough route ie. without stuck, popout, self recovery ๐Ÿ˜‰ I think Brian and Matthews had an easy drive???

See you all very soon again in sands. Till then drive safe and keeping counting down ๐Ÿ˜€ :drive:

February 10, 2013 at 4:46 am #23074

Thx Kumar – The mother of all 4×4’s did an excellent job, though I still have to get used to
    1) driving manual again
    2) engine character of the 2.2 diesel

But it was good fun and I was amazed how little stucks we had though the terrain was quite challenging

Definitely a well led & organized drive !

So we get upgraded ?

February 10, 2013 at 5:09 am #23075

Just for all DO info…i have finally managed to break my front left mud flap… :yesss:

And to give a short brief about the drive:
    Woke up late and rushed to meeting time, managed to reach by 08:15hrs to meeting pt :-ss , but unexpectedly there was some one else who reached late then me…ahem ahem.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ =)) =)) =)) but unfortunately i cant take his name as there is more chances for my degradation in DO… :-$

But talking about the drive with Ashok’s first lead was awesome with tricky, soft, bushy terrains…Once again congrats Ashok chetta.. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I am sure all had fun with the route…
    :thanks: to Mr.G Kumar / Ganesh / Thanseer / Musbah / mathews / Amjed for the support…
    And :thanks: to my co off roaders for the friendly company…. :ymhug:

The best feeling for me about the trip was – i reached @ the top of Iftar bowl in one attempt… :yesss: :yesss: :yesss:

Looking forward for more drives with DO – “JUST FOR FUN” B-)

February 10, 2013 at 5:15 am #23078

Thanks Ashok for providing us with a great combi terrain drive on your maiden lead.
    The track was a very good terrain, initially small tricky dunes with bushes followed by very soft sand patches & then big dunes + tricky bowls with lots of crest_off and tricky side slopes. Well done.

On this drive I learnt more in understanding the dunes, the sand & the bowls and also learnt more on my White Stallion’s response and behavior in different situations. It was a great combi drive terrain.

The terrain was nice and lush green in many places, also fortunately I spotted a baby gazzle, who appeared to be lost and shocked, was standing daze right in front of me for full 30 sec or so and then trotted along to find it mother. It was a amazing sight to see.

Thanks to all the senior members who were assigned the responsibilities of sweeps, support, e.t.c; in making this drive a fun and safe one.

Looking forward to see you all again next week in a similar high energy drive to surf the dunes.

February 10, 2013 at 5:16 am #23079
    quote GKumar:

ie. without stuck, popout, self recovery ๐Ÿ˜‰ I think Brian and Matthews had an easy drive???

See you all very soon again in sands. Till then drive safe and keeping counting down ๐Ÿ˜€ :drive:

:thanks: for the belief in my :drive:ing Kumar, in order to keep the record immaculately correct ๐Ÿ˜• I had to stop in difficult positions twice due to the vehicle in front being in the processes of ‘self recovery’, so I therefore also ‘self recovered’, but was able to inform my following driver in time to avert ‘he’, Shabeer, having to follow our example B-) . The analysis of that is there is no such thing as the correct distance between vehicles, it’s a variable just like all the other information we must instantly process and is entirely linked to the fluidity of the terrain we are on at that moment in time!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Other than that which are all excellent experiences to put in the ‘tool-kit’, I thoroughly enjoyed the drive, the comany and the varied terrain, most of all I enjoyed the opportunity ….no I mean the privilege of just being in ‘mother nature’. Our little group of humanity floating across the sands…excellent.

I have to admit to one thing though; even though I heard Ganesh announce the camel bones at the pull away from a drop, when I actually saw these picked clean, bleached white bones real close up, it reminded me of exactly where we were and I offered up a quick :thanks: to our seniors for putting in place a mechanism for us to be there JUST FOR FUN ๐Ÿ˜€
    :)) B-) :ymhug:

February 10, 2013 at 6:33 am #23082

Hi Guys

First of all, Ashok thank you for the varied terrain you took us through. Thoroughly enjoyed going across from Al Faqa to Badayer and getting exposed to different sand composition and elevation. You have set the bar up my friend. \M/

Thanseer, the way you self-recovered my stuck H3 was a lesson as good as I can get in any situation not only for me but for anyone who witnessed it. ^:)^

Kumar, :thanks: for your tips before the drive on the gear system in my car. This is the first step and lots more learning to do.

Amjed, :thanks: for pulling me out from the crest and for zig-zagging across dunes effortlessly.

Wasi for reaching the top of Iftar Bowl twice :ymapplause:

And a big hug :ymhug: to the rest of the convoy members(Brian, Shabeer, Rein, Hendrik and Thomas) and the sweep(Mathews) and Musbah for your ever-ready nature to help-out.

Lastly to Dada for just being Dada :D. Brilliant second lead.

Apologies if I have missed out on anyone.

Regards

Sajid

February 10, 2013 at 7:01 am #23084
    quote GKumar:

Dada is getting lazy now adays for the drive reports.. isn’t it??? ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

How can I miss the opportunity of writing this report for the person who introduced me to the offroading fun, especially when it is his first drive as a Lead Marshal ๐Ÿ™‚

It makes me feel extremely happy to have my 50th drive in Dubai Offroaders Club under the lead of Ashokbhai… :yesss:

We all knew what amazing driving skills Ashok has and he has been the most silent offroader in our club, quietly learning and growing with immense talent and that was proved in his first ever official lead drive….Absolutely gr8 work done Ashokbhai :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ We couldnt have asked more from you to lead your first drive in such a terrain which was so tricky with short and very very soft dunes. Your utmost confidence in reading the dunes and also adjusting the track according to the capability of your convoy…thats the most important thing which even I have learnt when you lead a convoy…… Till now we have been driving to challenge our driving skill but from now when you lead a particular convoy you drive for others and not yourself…..and you did exactly the same….thats the mark of a true leader :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Driving through the dense fog in the morning was awesome as we all gathered at Adnoc – Al Faqaa, we had to wait for Thanseer for some time and then reached the deflation point where Wasi thought for a moment that his pajero might move in the sand with his 2 wheel gear but he had to fight a bit and then reached the point…. Sorry Wasi my job is to notice everyone orelse I dont have anything to fill in this report ๐Ÿ˜€

With a total convoy of 15 cars the seniors and the Lead Marshal decided to have it as one convoy and then later on depending on the performance we can decide to break the convoy into two if needed…..but then apart from the normal stucks and one pop-out of Musbah, there was absolute no need to divide the convoy…. The initial part of the drive was good…each one of us have been driving through big dunes in the past, but this time everyone also experienced how to tackle the dunes with bushes around without damaging your vehicle….

What else would a convoy need when you have a brilliant Lead Marshal Ashok and then amazing supportive people Sanjay Mathews & Musbah at the centre and the Three Rescue Giants – Amjad, Kumar and Thanseer at the end…….Ashok didnt have to worry about the convoy when all these seniors are there to support him…..and the drive went one with absolute challenge…

Since I was the second lead, so i coudnt notice how other people drove as I had to catch Ashok’s path and also keep an eye on my follower – Wasi…

Wasiabbas did a fantastic job throughout the drive listening to all the messages given by me in case of any bowl or pocket or bush….and I really appreciate his driving and he was the only one to reach on top of Iftar bowl too…. Good job Wasi…keep it up buddy…. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Following Wasi, Rein also drove very well and nice to hear from him that he learnt reading the dunes this time…… this shows your improvement… :ymapplause:

Sajid also did a good job with his hummer with minimal stucks and was always taking some tips about his car from the seniors…

That is all i could see and the others I beleive we will get to know from the seniors at the sweep…. ๐Ÿ˜€ Iam sure Hendrick, Thomas and Shabeer must also have done good job as we hardly got to hear about any major issues and stucks…Good job guys

The drive to Iftar bowl was just too good as it was fast run drive and no one could afford to stop there and get stuck…. Musbah got one opportunity to use his winch to rescue the Lead Marshal on a crest ๐Ÿ˜€ …. and he also did a very good job throughout the drive….Thanks Musbah :ymapplause: :ymhug:

Brian was the last car before the sweepers and as per Kumar’s report we got to know that he shared the place with Sanjay for not getting stuck at all…. great job Sir…your driving skills are improving faster than you age ๐Ÿ˜€ :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: (just kidding)…

Overall a fantastic morning drive with the best of the team we have…..

Thank you Ashokbhai for the awesome lead and hats off to you for the show….. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

A million thanks to the sweepers Amjed, Thanseer and Kumar for the support provided to the team so that the lead can drive with ease…

Special thanks to the pillars of the convoy to hold everyone intact – Musbah and Sanjay for the support they provided at the centre…

Well done guys, see you all for yet another fantastic drive ahead….Till then take care of yourself and your car…. ๐Ÿ˜€

Cheers :-BD

February 10, 2013 at 7:17 am #23086

A very transparent report Dada… :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    Why sorry BOSS….Ur just giving feedbacks upon my driving skills :drive: …and i am very much happy and open to receive the same… ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Yes indeed was trying to hit the sand with 2H…. ๐Ÿ˜‰ :)) :))

:thanks: for your second lead and appreciation Dada….

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.