Saturday Morning Fewbee++ to Intermediate Drive on 9/2/2013

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • Author

Excellent Musbah, :-BD :-BD

Thank you very much for providing me the memorable moments, :thanks: :thanks:

Surely it will go to my golden collections. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards

February 11, 2013 at 6:41 am #23159

Hello DO

First off Congratulations Ashok on your first lead :yesss: , it was an incredible experience and the route you choose was both challenging and captivating at the same time :thanks: . The group was blessed to have the gods of the off-roading to help and educate along the way :ymcowboy: .

This was a foggy morning with temperatures down to about 12 degrees. We all met at the ADNOC station for some chit chat and coffee. We hit the road headed for the deflation point by around 0845 hrs. The briefing was precise and without much delay the convoy was allotted and we were on our way.

Just as we were heading into the sands Saj with his H3 got ridged which got sorted without much delay and the path following the farm fence was soft and it was decided to reroute the access into the desert.
    We regrouped and headed out with some small dunes with soft sand. I got stuck towards the early part of the drive ๐Ÿ˜• and Amjed tugged me out in no time :thanks: .

In due course the desert landscape changed to one that was dotted with creepers that grew all over the sand with some yellow fruit that looked like passion fruit @-) =p~ . As I was looking in amazement at this I head the radio crackle with Ganesh warning us that these fruits were poisonous :ymdevil: and was a sure shot way to Nirvana :ymsick: if consumed =)) .

This followed a part of the desert that I would like to call the โ€œValley of the Dry Bonesโ€ :-s :-s with the sighting of the Camel skeleton and the sun bleached tree stumps that at times gave the illusion of bones ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ .

The drive was a combination of side sloping, valleys and crests giving ample opportunity to practice your moves and master the skills :yesss: :yesss: .

This then lead to the iftar bowl with higher dunes and softer sands where I could put into practice the technique that Kumar had taught me the previous drive of fanning the gas. What I mean by this is when stuck in soft sand instead of trashing around and digging yourself in, put the car in 4L and try to reverse back into your own tracks, this is where instead of giving a steady power Kumar had told me to fan or intermediately rev the engine which will give you a slight jerking or rocking motion which will help you get some momentum to take the car to a position of advantage before attempting a powered surge forward. This I found very effective with the automatic transmission which most of us drive giving the same effect as manual cars where the jerking or rocking motion is achieved by fanning the clutch :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: .

Got to thank Brian and Shabeer who kept using their radios well to warn of any immediate obstacles ๐Ÿ™‚ :thanks: . It was a pleasure seeing Hendrik with his Defender, a car that I have always loved, handing the dunes and working with the sand in his his 2.2 ltr Diesel.

The Iftar bowl as the name suggests was impressive with Wasi crowing the crest on his first attempt keeping the Mitsu flag flying high :yesss: :drive: .

Shortly after the drive was completed by around 1330 and we headed out to the closest inflation point.
    Thank you :thanks: Sweeps, Amjed , Matthews & Paul for all your support. It was great to see Kumar and Thanseer overseeing from their vantage points ensuring the group progressed well :drive: .

In short a great day out in the sands with lots of learning and practice, a great pace of drive with little or no interruption and brilliant company. So as the war cry goes out โ€œSee you in the sandโ€ until next time. :ymparty: :-B

February 11, 2013 at 6:43 am #23160
    quote akppillai:

Excellent Musbah, :-BD :-BD

Thank you very much for providing me the memorable moments, :thanks: :thanks:

Surely it will go to my golden collections. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards

You deserve it buddy :ymhug: :ymhug: … I assure you that you will keep a lot of videos in your Golden Collection

Cheers

February 11, 2013 at 7:21 am #23171

Nice report Thomas…. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

February 11, 2013 at 9:58 am #23183

Excellent report Thomas, very nice job :-BD ๐Ÿ™‚ :ymapplause:

February 11, 2013 at 10:07 am #23184

Trip report competition! we have now the best trip reporters in our forum, it was always pleasure to read the reports from Ganesh & Kumar which have inspired others and have come out with flying colors.
    Lets have more of such details reports which always worth going through again & again and to support with Musbah’s excellent coverage & pics too.

well done Thomas, keep it up buddy!

February 11, 2013 at 10:46 am #23191

Thomas , excellent report…. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

next time try by scene by scene as movie script….

February 11, 2013 at 10:57 am #23192
    quote Amjed:

Trip report competition! we have now the best trip reporters in our forum, it was always pleasure to read the reports from Ganesh & Kumar which have inspired others and have come out with flying colors.
    Lets have more of such details reports which always worth going through again & again and to support with Musbah’s excellent coverage & pics too.

Thank you everyone, i had to give a script as Shabeer said to back Musbah’s awesome live coverage

February 11, 2013 at 11:17 am #23193
    quote thomasinasu:

quote Amjed:

Thank you everyone, i had to give a script as Shabeer said to back Musbah’s awesome live coverage

Perfect and very nice combination ๐Ÿ™‚ :-BD
    Previous and presumed report writers can now look for a back bench ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

February 11, 2013 at 11:52 am #23194
    quote GKumar:

Previous and presumed report writers can now look for a back bench ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Exactly……. i-) i-) i-) i-)

February 11, 2013 at 12:11 pm #23195
    quote Ganesh:

quote GKumar:

No Ganesh….

Kumar meant he and Thanseer…. you just started reporting ….. still more dunes are there to cross…. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

February 11, 2013 at 1:19 pm #23204
    quote shabeer saidu mohammed:

quote Ganesh:

quote GKumar:

No Ganesh….

Kumar meant he and Thanseer…. you just started reporting ….. still more dunes are there to cross…. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Is there anyone to defend me :(( :(( :(( :((

February 11, 2013 at 1:35 pm #23206

Yes I am the one… Your reporting techniques is awesome, interesting, and very detailed. You fall in the same group of Giants being with Thanseer and GKumar. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

February 11, 2013 at 1:57 pm #23207
    quote Amjed:

I think the above just about say”s it all ๐Ÿ™‚ :yesss: Tom you’ve missed your vocation you should be a journalist or script writer, maybe you are in your spare time ๐Ÿ˜€

Musbah has done it again, excellent live footage :ymapplause: , I’d like to know where you get the ethnic music from and what stringed instrument gives that rhythmatic cadence?

February 11, 2013 at 2:33 pm #23209

Another Gift is waiting for you Brian. Music Collection on USB Flash will be handed over to you….

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.