Shopping in Dragon Mart

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I would like to go for a shopping in Dragon Mart to get some equipments reffered by Marshalls, But no idea about the shops location, kindly advice the shops for below items and approximate prices, so they wont charge high to us.

Air Compressor
    D-shackles (4 TON)
    Tow Rope, Snatch Strap or Websling….

December 17, 2012 at 9:14 am #20827

let me know when you are going so i can join you.

December 17, 2012 at 10:30 am #20830

HI JASON AND DAVID,

According to the Senior DO Kumar and Zarir they recommend to go to ACE DFC where all required off road equipment available.

Starter kit is available with all above mentioned requirements.

December 17, 2012 at 11:16 am #20831

Hi Jason, David,

You need to go for rated stuff as far as recovery and rescue equipment are concerned which includes Shackles, Two Rope, Snatch Strap, Viking Rope etc. It may be a little costlier than the cheap options available at Dragon Mart. But the excess amount you spend for these critical stuff is a worth investment for safety and reliability.

ACE Hardware at Festival City is having a reasonable collection of all basic offroad tools and equipments. Also you can look for these stuff at other offroad stores viz. Icon, Ramy 4×4 etc. Zarir was sharing with us that Ramy 4 x 4 is offering a kit, having all basic offroad tools and equipments costing around AED.900/-

Dragon Mart ofcourse is an option for non critical stuffs viz. Radio, Flag, compressor, hydraulic jack, petrol can, tool kit etc.

December 17, 2012 at 11:38 am #20832

Guys, would recommend buying your snatch straps and shackles from a reputable place as against dragon mart / carrefour.

Ace had a Bushranger recovery kit comprising of snatch strap / shackles / gloves / flat piece of canvas / carry bag for the items. This comes in 2 variants. Regular + Heavy Duty. If I remember correctly then prices are AED 399 for regular and AED 499 for heavy duty. The heavy duty one has a higher tonnage on the snatch strap + bigger shackles with higher rating. Decide which one you like depending on your needs and car. At times the big shackles might not fit your car’s recovery point. Ironman also has recovery gear but I do not have any info on the same.

Compressors : Ace has the Bushranger and Slime brands. The Bushranger ranges between AED 699 for 62 LPM flow to AED 1099 for 85 LMP flow. Slime is for about AED 699.

Radios have been covered adequately in a dedicated thread so will skip here.

Personally what I have bought is as below :-
    Heave duty snatch kit – from Ace @ AED 399 (during their sale 2 years ago)
    2 extra shackles one size smaller but rated – from Auto Plus @ AED 20 each. Ace sells the same for 40 – 45 and buys them from Auto Plus.
    Chinese brand compressor (150 LPM as per the label 😀 ) – Dragon Mart Shop EAC01 – Price would depend on supply and your bargaining skills. Speak to Kabeer there.
    3 Ton jack – Dragon Mart shop EAB03.

@Roshan
    – further to our chat last night having checked out the Ramy off-road kit a little more in detail today, am not sure if it is really worth it besides the AOR compressor. It costs AED 999 and has a AOR compressor, petrol can, torch, pressure guage, shackles (no rating visible on them but they claim it is 4T), 9000 Lbs Tow rope (not a snatch strap), storage box, gloves.

Hope this helps further.

December 17, 2012 at 2:30 pm #20834

Price is higher for all, But i found it more cheaper on US, If i import them here also, then the price will be lesser

http://www.amazon.com/Slime-40026-Heavy-Direct-Inflator/dp/B005Z8HAUK/

Its the latest model from Slime (Double Cylinder)

This Costs AED 260 & Weight is 4.5 KG (Approx shipping charge will be AED 297) So total is 557 + 21 (Tax) = AED 578 still AED 121 less from local market (Profit), I think to go to ACE for checking the item as Slime have 2 models, If they sell single cylinder for AED 699, Then i should order it from US. Deshackles & belt will be taken from ACE or Speedex as Zarir introduced in a different thread…Opinion please

December 17, 2012 at 4:33 pm #20837

I got a few stuff from ACE. i wanted to buy the flag, i couldnt find it anywhere around.

December 17, 2012 at 4:36 pm #20838

thanks Zarir, GKumar & Roshan for your valuable inputs.

December 17, 2012 at 5:07 pm #20839

@Jason for flags you have 2 options.

1. have a bracket fitted on to your ride and then screw on the flagpole (roughly AED 150 – 175) which is available at Ramy / Icon / Adventure HQ etc.

2. Buy a suction cup from Speedex (Next to Oasis Center on SZR) and fix up either the flagpole referred above or a retractable fishing rod (AED 50 approx at Dragon Mart or Carrefour) to that. Use a combination of ties, masking tape, jubilee clips etc to secure the same.

Anonymous
    December 17, 2012 at 5:19 pm #20840

I got single cylinder Chinese compressor for aed 260 from the tire market in Al Maktoum hospital road.

Also got a 3 ton trolley jack for aed 165. But the shop owner wasn’t happy as it was a wholesale shop and he thought I was going to buy in bulk and I only wanted 1 piece.

December 17, 2012 at 6:44 pm #20841

I too had few items from ACE with the help of Kumar.

Now time to have the Flag post Thanks Zarir for the above Info….

December 18, 2012 at 6:50 am #20848

I’m trying to print a custom flag, If it ended in success you can see it on next trip…I have purchase double grip suction cups & 3 meter fishing rod (Total 55 + 35 = 90)

December 18, 2012 at 7:12 am #20849

dude print one flag for me also. I will pay you later.

December 18, 2012 at 10:21 am #20857

Let me do the experiment…as its not printing on cloth (No idea where to get a printed flag). Have you checked the air compressor (Slime) in ACE..??

December 18, 2012 at 1:16 pm #20868

You can buy double grip suction cup from Dragon Mart for AED 35/- Shop No. EBF 06-07 “Elegant Skyland Trading FZCO”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.