Star rating system

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Thanks Ali for the criterias for the star rankings…..

February 27, 2012 at 5:04 am #15886

Thanks ALi,

I saw the star ratings and it’s fine. But as Ahmed Bhai had pointed out …
    The salient points in my order of preference would be…
    a. Leadership & PR Management
    b. Adventure Quotient
    c. Driving ability & confidence
    d. Knowledge of route & topology
    e. Rescue Techniques & ability
    f. Basic technical & mechanical knowledge of vehicles
    g. GPS rating
    h. Equipment availability & knowledge of how to use it
    i. First Aid equipment & usage knowledge
    j. Experience in organizing & leading trips

that should also be used to rate a member..

Again a point to note – would appreciate if there are can be more newbee + fewbee drives arranged before the summer falls in.. This is just a request. The number of participants appearing for each newbee drive is in the order of 12 – 14 cars.. everytime, means more people are getting interested in offroading ..

Hi Anand,

your request noted and we’ll make sure We will organize more Newbee drives before the season end.

Note: By the way, for us season is never ends…

February 27, 2012 at 5:23 am #15889

Thanks for the clarifications.

Questions:
    i) Would a “ready made” 6 tonne tow rope, with hooks instead of shackles qualify?
    ii) Do non-Dubai offroaders trips count as well?

Suggested mandatory equipment/knowledge (all levels)
    1. Min N drives (N dependent on level)
    2. Tire pressure gauge
    3. Compressor
    4. Towing rope/line with hooks/shackles, min 6 tonne
    5. Know your tow points
    6. Shovel
    7. GPS
    8. Radio
    9. Water in sufficient amount
    10. Common sense in sufficient amount

Upper levels (2 stars or more)
    11. Hydraulic jack
    12. etc (acc to your list)

February 27, 2012 at 5:30 am #15890

Thanks Ali…you have actually simplified the procedure by stating the requirements in black and white…
    so guys…now it is up to you !!!
    One has to clearly understand and recognize that this is an adventure sport bordering on the extreme with its inherent characteristics of danger to limb and life…if it is not respected and handled properly.
    It is, however, a known fact that confidence tends to precede the matching skills and that is where the problems arise…when the mismatch may lead to stucks and mishaps leading to vehicle damage and in extreme cases…even personal injuries or worse…
    I have been personally a witness to a few very sad and tragic accidents…all avoidable…and believe me…all of these were basically due to overconfidence rather than the other way round…
    Our focus in Dubai off Roaders has been always on safe and responsible behaviour and will continue to be so…
    It is always a pleasure for the Dubai off Roaders team to see the members gain confidence and corresponding skills required for a safe outdoor excursion…so we always try and encourage more and more members to step up and be recognized for their skills and initiative.
    The end objective is always to go with all of you together on an extreme Liwa Drive !!!

February 27, 2012 at 5:39 am #15891
    quote Johan i Kanada:

Thanks for the clarifications.

Questions:
    i) Would a “ready made” 6 tonne tow rope, with hooks instead of shackles qualify?
    ii) Do non-Dubai offroaders trips count as well?

Suggested mandatory equipment/knowledge (all levels)
    1. Min N drives (N dependent on level)
    2. Tire pressure gauge
    3. Compressor
    4. Towing rope/line with hooks/shackles, min 6 tonne
    5. Know your tow points
    6. Shovel
    7. GPS
    8. Radio
    9. Water in sufficient amount
    10. Common sense in sufficient amount

Upper levels (2 stars or more)
    11. Hydraulic jack
    12. etc (acc to your list)

Thanks for the clarification/s…The rope and the number of drives are both on the discretion of the Marshals…if 3 Marshals validate the rope, it is okay or if 3 Marshals waive off the requirement of number of drives certain exceptions might be possible…
    But this is totally upon the discretion of the evaluating Marshals…and is not open to debate or discussions.

February 27, 2012 at 6:47 am #15894

thaks ali… nicely put

February 27, 2012 at 7:08 am #15895

Very good post, finally I understand what I am ๐Ÿ˜€

February 27, 2012 at 9:11 am #15898

“this is totally upon the discretion of the evaluating Marshals” Understood & agreed.

How do I get evaluated? Do I need to explicitly request an evaluation, or are they done “automatically” on/after each trip?

(Btw, to avoid any potential misunderstanding, I do agree that something like a star rating system is needed in a club like this. Will result in more safe & fun driving for everyone.)

Thanks,

February 27, 2012 at 9:17 am #15899
    quote Johan i Kanada:

“this is totally upon the discretion of the evaluating Marshals” Understood & agreed.

How do I get evaluated? Do I need to explicitly request an evaluation, or are they done “automatically” on/after each trip?

Thanks,

On each drive Marshals will be observing each participants performance without your knowledge. At the end of the drive these marshals have a discussion about the evaluation. Based on that you will be upgraded.

February 27, 2012 at 10:40 am #15902

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Nice post Ali … Now the plan is there… let’s all make sure we execute it :yesss:

Looking forward to seeing all the drivers enjoying safe and rewarding drives with us.

Cheers

Khalil

February 27, 2012 at 11:21 am #15906

Guys,

All of a sudden i see 1 star in my profile….Hurrray :-BD :-BD :-BD
    Feeling so proud ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I know everyone has got it. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
    Neways, :thanks: the administrators, the marshals….. Now it gives me more excitement to achieve more stars in my name….:-BD

February 27, 2012 at 12:29 pm #15910
    quote Johan i Kanada:

(Btw, to avoid any potential misunderstanding, I do agree that something like a star rating system is needed in a club like this. Will result in more safe & fun driving for everyone.)

Thanks,

This will be done “automatically” as you said. The marshals are watching everyone of you’ll on each drives we organize.

So… watch-out! we have an eye on you. ๐Ÿ˜‰

February 27, 2012 at 6:26 pm #15914

,Thank you ali for this very informative post :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Also i got one free star ๐Ÿ˜€ now i need to look to earn more!!! :))

February 27, 2012 at 6:36 pm #15915

Congratulations to everyone who got a star today. I hope to see you all enjoy and get to the top of the food chain ๐Ÿ˜‰ :-p

February 28, 2012 at 2:08 am #15917

Congrats to all who earned their stars… I feel that the number of captains have increased now which would be of more support to marshals to arrange more number of drives in the future..

Thanks once again to all marshals for doing just evaluations..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.