THE LAKE || MORNING DRIVE || SAT 18 FEB

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    February 18, 2017 at 4:20 pm #38217

Epic drive today, thanks to Joe for the selection of this great location and his lead. :thanks:
    We covered 92 km on sand and another 5 on tarmac to reach THE LAKE (with capital letters, as this is probably the largest lake in the UAE).

Unfortunately we had a 2+ hours delay at our start as some drivers got stuck on Al Ain road because of multiple accidents caused by the rain (and probably because of stupid driving behaviors). Marshal Sam was late as well but took the newbie convoy which allowed the rest to have a more challenging drive.

As Joe rightly said, 38 members signed up for the drive – 13 made it to the starting point – 5 reached THE LAKE in the fewbie/inter convoy.

I reached home at 6:30 pm so – considering my 5:00 am start – I take this as a whole day drive 😀 .

February 18, 2017 at 4:53 pm #38218

Thanks Joe and Sam for today’s morning to early afternoon drive.
    The vast area covered and route were a treat for every level, with mixed terrains, big dunes, and technical stuff, and always with an exit nearby. The lake was beautiful with not much crowd around when we arrived. Spent almost 30 mins. and then decided to head home , reaching at 5:00 pm. Looking forward to drive along with you guys again in the not too distant future.

February 19, 2017 at 9:28 am #38238

Like every drive with @joe.zeinoun , it was fantastic, interesting and challenging drive. :drive:
    Good choice of the area and route which has all types of terrains.
    I had the honor to be the second lead after @joe.zeinoun which was very good experience and charging my driving skills. :yesss:
    It was nice to spend the day with friends @Elie , @Sebastien , @Francis , @edeg1972 looking forward coming drive with you guys. :ymhug:
    The lake was very beautiful place to be and deserve spending the whole long drive to get there.
    Let’s do an other drive to there including camping, shisha and bbq. :ymsmug:
    :thanks: Thanks a lot to @joe.zeinoun and @SamA for leading and all the other supporting members.

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.