THE SANDS OF TIME | Full day Wadi & Desert adventure + BBQ

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

[map]25.38548,56.16786(MEETING POINT)[/map]

Here’s something different for all you adventure lovers ๐Ÿ™‚
    This coming Friday MAR 20 we will be visiting the northern emirates for a full day adventure drive.
    All DO members and their families are invited to join us for a pleasant day in the mountains where we shall slowly make our way through the wadi to a spectacular exit straight into the dunes. Once we’ve had enough dune bashing we are to head to an open flat land under some trees to enjoy a BBQ and end the day around the fire.

For those who wish to stay for the BBQ pls make sure to bring your own equipment, food, beverage and some fire wood. we will be having a short lunch break in the wadi during the day as well, so some extra snacks should be sufficient for that.

Please note that this drive will be slightly tough on your tires, so do make sure that yours are in good condition specially the spare! you will need to carry your own air compressor for this drive as there will not be any nearby petrol stations to air up.

DATE: Friday MAR 20, 2015
    TIME: 9:00 am – night
    PLACE: Northern Emirates Wadi Asima

Meeting Point: Al Tayybah on Dibba-Masafi road (E89)
    Google maps users: 25.384936, 56.167989 /degrees (DD.dddddยฐ) just copy and paste in Google maps
    GPS users: 25ยฐ23’5.77″N, 56ยฐ10’4.76″E /degrees, minutes (DDยฐMM.mmmโ€™)

Meeting Time: 9:00 am (meeting point is about an hour away from dubai)
    Drive Start: 10:00 am
    Duration: full day

Drive Route: Wadi Asima to Al Ghayl
    Drive Terrain: Wadi gravel roads, some rocks, soft dunes
    Finishing point: Al Manamah road 18

Checklist:
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure itโ€™s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gear / recovery equipment in good working condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Please read the forum rules below then register for the :drive:
    http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/rules.php
    http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/equipment.php
    http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/radio.php

Hope to see you all there for some Friday fun ๐Ÿ™‚

Joe Zeinoun

March 15, 2015 at 6:33 am #32267

Awesome initiative Joe…. keep the good job up.

Cheers !!

March 15, 2015 at 6:39 am #32268

Joe! Why? I already registered to the advanced drive same day :'(

March 15, 2015 at 8:17 am #32269

Hi guys,

I hope you all are doing well.

This will be my first drive with Dubai Offroaders. I am driving a Toyota Prado Land Cruiser 2015 (I have Please can you let me know your feedback on few points.

1. How can I get updates on this post?
    2. What are common equipment I should bring along?
    3. How about the F&B? What kind of equipment I should bring along?
    4. Other tips

March 15, 2015 at 8:20 am #32270
    quote Pharaoh:

Hi guys,

I hope you all are doing well.

This will be my first drive with Dubai Offroaders. I am driving a Toyota Prado Land Cruiser 2015 (I have Please can you let me know your feedback on few points.

1. How can I get updates on this post?
    2. What are common equipment I should bring along?
    3. How about the F&B? What kind of equipment I should bring along?
    4. Other tips

Hi Karim,

Welcome to DO. If you use the search engine at the top right you will find all the information you need.

Also at the top of the trip post there is a link to the equipment you will need to come on the drive.

Basically you need tow points, a flag and a walkie talkie.

After you read the posts and the website if you still need help just shout.

March 15, 2015 at 10:37 am #32271

Bravo Joe! :ymapplause:

March 15, 2015 at 10:52 am #32272

hey Joe really had a great time doing my first ever offroading with you guyz …big :thanks: for patiently guiding this beginner throughout the ride…look forward for this drive …cheers !

quote joe.zeinoun:

Here’s something different for all you adventure lovers ๐Ÿ™‚
    This coming Friday MAR 20 we will be visiting the northern emirates for a full day adventure drive.
    All DO members and their families are invited to join us for a pleasant day in the mountains where we shall slowly make our way through the wadi to a spectacular exit straight into the dunes. Once we’ve had enough dune bashing we are to head to an open flat land under some trees to enjoy a BBQ and end the day around the fire.

For those who wish to stay for the BBQ pls make sure to bring your own equipment, food, beverage and some fire wood. we will be having a short lunch break in the wadi during the day as well, so some extra snacks should be sufficient for that.

Please note that this drive will be slightly tough on your tires, so do make sure that yours are in good condition specially the spare! you will need to carry your own air compressor for this drive as there will not be any nearby petrol stations to air up.

DATE: Friday MAR 20, 2015
    TIME: 9:00 am – night
    PLACE: Northern Emirates

please keep visiting. Drive details to be added soon!

March 15, 2015 at 11:00 am #32273

:thanks:
    we look forward to seeing you again this coming Friday for more outdoor fun ๐Ÿ™‚

please make sure to register for the :drive: by clicking the register button above

March 15, 2015 at 12:24 pm #32274

It it was thursday I would have joined, I work on Saturday so cannot be late on Friday night :((

March 15, 2015 at 3:42 pm #32276

It is a while that I wanted to visit Wadi Asimah, so it will be great to go on such trip with DO. looking forward it

March 15, 2015 at 4:32 pm #32277

Hi,

Thank you Duncan for your reply. I have read what Joe wrote on his group email that I received this evening. It gave me an idea on most of my queries. I will go tomorrow to Dragon Mart to buy the gears for beginners and hopefully it will be ok.

I just have couple of points as below please for you to help.

1. I have Garmin nuvi52. Would this be ok during my trip as I do not plan to use my Google Maps?
    2. Can you please send me the exact model of the radio or walky talky I should buy tomorrow?

Thank you.

March 16, 2015 at 5:04 am #32278

Two great drives on same day :(. Hopefully we will have other all day drives in the future

March 16, 2015 at 8:01 am #32279
    quote Pharaoh:

Hi,

Thank you Duncan for your reply. I have read what Joe wrote on his group email that I received this evening. It gave me an idea on most of my queries. I will go tomorrow to Dragon Mart to buy the gears for beginners and hopefully it will be ok.

I just have couple of points as below please for you to help.

1. I have Garmin nuvi52. Would this be ok during my trip as I do not plan to use my Google Maps?
    2. Can you please send me the exact model of the radio or walky talky I should buy tomorrow?

Thank you.

Hi again Karim,

Please check the site via the search at the top right of the page.

for ease, here is one link http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1454&hilit=walkie+talkie

March 16, 2015 at 1:05 pm #32289

Hi Guys,

Just joined up and interested in getting involved, especially for this Wadi drive as I live up in RAK. One question I have being a Newbie…….

How hardcore is it? Whilst I have a desire to enjoy myself, I do not have a lot of off-road experience and would want to take it easy first time round. Do the marshals compensate for this or will I just end up frustrating others? Probably what I am trying to say is would I be able to start off slowly before burning up the dunes in the coming weeks, months and years?

March 16, 2015 at 1:30 pm #32291
    quote mung:

Hi Guys,

Just joined up and interested in getting involved, especially for this Wadi drive as I live up in RAK. One question I have being a Newbie…….

How hardcore is it? Whilst I have a desire to enjoy myself, I do not have a lot of off-road experience and would want to take it easy first time round. Do the marshals compensate for this or will I just end up frustrating others? Probably what I am trying to say is would I be able to start off slowly before burning up the dunes in the coming weeks, months and years?

hi Neale and welcome to DO ๐Ÿ™‚
    you are more than welcome to join us for the drive as a beginner and yet enjoy it.
    this trip will not be of a hardcore nature as much as an adventure fun drive, with the possibility of having a separate convoy of more advanced nature towards the end at the dunes ๐Ÿ™‚
    here at DO we have different levels of driving through which members gradually move up according to their performance. you will start off with the newbie group until the marshals feel its safe enough for you to move up a level.
    please make sure to carry all the necessary offroad gear mentioned on the forum and register for this drive.
    hope to see you there this friday…
    cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.