THE SANDS OF TIME | Full day Wadi & Desert adventure + BBQ

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Looks like a great turn up! Looking forward to it.

Thank you GeeZee for the news.

See you all tomorrow :drive: ๐Ÿ˜€

March 19, 2015 at 9:59 pm #32339

I am innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ๐Ÿ˜‰

March 20, 2015 at 4:24 pm #32346

That was a great drive Joe, thanks a lot for arranging it ! hope to see you all shortly.

Ciao
    P

March 20, 2015 at 6:26 pm #32350

That was a good change and great drive! Thanks to all the Marshals and especially Joe and Zak for arranging it.
    Guys if you have any pictures/videos you can share them on the DO facebook group, link below:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/248053532355/?ref=br_tf

See you all soon
    John

March 20, 2015 at 7:08 pm #32355

:thanks: especially to Joe &Zak for arranging the “alternative” drive today. Thanks of course also goes to the marshals and DO members for another fantastic day. The :drive: today consisted of wadi & desert followed by BBQ!
    It was nice to see that DO was offering something different to the usual, the turnout also confirmed that. We had about 35 cars who joined the convoy today. Meeting near the start of the drive at 9-10.30am we weaved our way through the wadi passing goats, donkeys and the occasional car. The wadi was surprisingly very dry considering the recent rains. We stopped for our first put stop and again we could witness the huge turnout seeing all the cars lined up. Our second stop was a lunch stop, the smell of bbqs was certainly very tempting and beat the crisps I had taken as a snack. We continued our drive when everyone was done and found our way to the end of the wadi.
    Here we regrouped and split into two convoys, deflated and started the next installment. A group of local kids where there showing “how it’s done” or better said “how it’s not done” ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    The sands were very soft, meaning that momentum was key, but no real trouble. After a couple of stops we made it to the bbq area at 5.15pm where the intermediate convoy was waiting for the arrival of the newbie group. I had to depart at this time but am sure it will be a great bbq night!
    Looking forward to my next drive soon.
    Thanks again DO! ๐Ÿ˜€

March 21, 2015 at 5:16 am #32366

Really was fantastic! As a first timer we were quickly welcomed into the group, could see how impeccably organised it was, appreciated how patient the marshals (and other drivers) were, but most importantly felt safe yet had an exhilarating and testing time. The amount I learned from the day was enough to fill a book or two I think.

If you couldn’t tell, I think I have got the “bug”, so see you all again soon. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

March 21, 2015 at 7:53 am #32373

Same for me too, as some of you noticed I was having a brilliant time. Thanks to Joe and all the marshalls for their hard work and making a great day. See you next time!

March 21, 2015 at 9:06 am #32379

It was a really great drive with some different experience though the weather was a bit to hot and later on hitting the dunes thanks zak for the drive and for some good dunes :thanks:

March 21, 2015 at 11:43 am #32387

it was an amazing experience… thank you joe and zak for organizing this trip and all members.

pictures – https://www.facebook.com/groups/248053532355/permalink/10153129813472356/
    video – http://youtu.be/JxQPsdSlBhg

March 21, 2015 at 12:57 pm #32389

Seems like you guys had lots of fun…. Nic pics n Vid Asem as usual !!!!

March 21, 2015 at 1:44 pm #32390

Big “thank you” for Joe & Zack and all the marshals for organizing and taking care of us throughout the day :thanks: Thank you Assem for the video, nice stuff! :ymapplause: Thank you Ahmed for the encouragement during the drive! and finally thanks for everyone who participated for being organized and considerate drivers ๐Ÿ™‚

It was a great day and a great :drive: indeed: a totally different terrain to experience both for me and my Touareg, some valuable experiences gained and like Joe put it: the last part in the sand was the icing on the cake!

I got some pics to share myself but since I am working today I will do it late tonight

March 24, 2015 at 3:49 pm #32487

Better late than never.. some pics from the Wadi drive:

March 24, 2015 at 4:04 pm #32488

Thanks Hassan for the nice snaps.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.