Trip Ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • Author

Hussein … ya akhi …. this topic is for Trip ideas not changing the name of the club ideas 🙂

how about fishing ?

July 8, 2008 at 7:43 pm #5326

yeah can do that .. and redirect that to this site. and put up an announcement. will ask dad .. also .. you guys can check it out and decide .. like as in a name which everyone likes.[/quote]
    i think he was being sarcastic when husain said to change the name…[/quote]
    we are not going to change the site name .. we will buy one more name and redirect it to this one .. thats if we do it. we cannot change the name .. we lose members that way .. if we add one more .. we get more members that way.[/quote]

u r the boss, u know better :good:

July 9, 2008 at 1:55 am #5328
    quote htawalbeh:

u r the boss, u know better :good:

oh no .. noone is a boss here .. certainly not me .. i do as told 😉

we are all friends and its your club .. you guys will decide .. 🙂

July 9, 2008 at 3:51 am #5330
    quote desertdude:

Well how bout exploratory trips .I stare and oogle over google maps as there is yet so much territory/desert /tracks that I have yet to explore and I’m sure none if us has completely explored this whole country .

One nice route I can think of which I did ages ago ..sadly dont have the exit point on the GPS n just remember barely by memory ..Take the turnoff right after the rainbow sheiks museum on the way to hameem and drive thru .There is hardly used track there which passes thru very beautiful desert and pops out somewhere along wagan on the border of oman and then u can drive up to alain on tarmac and out .Its atleast 3 to 4 hr drive just on the tracks on good speed and without getting lost :).

I love exploratory trips and ultimate dream is to cross the Rub al Khali by Land ..but thats way far off for now .

I wudnt even mind going to liwa right about now and just do the tracks as its been ages since I’ve been there and miss the landscape .

Anybody has more ideas about exploring this country ,I’m up for it

Come on Ahmed Bhai organise a exploring expedition off the beaten track ,all u have to do is take a close up of google maps and I;m sure ideas will pop into ur head

You are right, there is so much to explore…
    We had five runs to Liwa this year, two with GNFD Marshal Run & the actual drive & then two more,
    It is too hot for Liwa right now, but we will definitely have these once the weather improves.
    Then there is Al’ain, there is some good driving in the Northern Emirates too,
    we could go to Oman…Wahiba sands, Jebel Akhdar, Musandam & a lot of other places.

So yes there is a lot on agenda, as they say…
    so much to explore…so little time…
    Again…we do not want to be one of the groups trying to climb the big red on any Friday afternoon…

July 9, 2008 at 4:07 am #5331
    quote Ahmed Pervez:

Again…we do not want to be one of the groups trying to climb the big red on any Friday afternoon…

But its fun climbing big red on a friday afternoon.

July 9, 2008 at 5:48 am #5335
    quote mhmdyamout:

quote Ahmed Pervez:

But its fun climbing big red on a friday afternoon.

It’s fun watching people trying to climb Big Red with fully inflated tyres in a brand new Brado with their whole family in it !!!

Get this, stopped off there a few weeks back for the cafe not the Dune…. some idiot had locked his keys inside his car… Hummer H3.. brand new… he had to call AAA to get the car open !!! lol

And on exploring trips… with what they are doing in JBR at the moment, u need GPS to get around there now !

July 9, 2008 at 6:13 am #5337
    quote josephleebrown:

Get this, stopped off there a few weeks back for the cafe not the Dune…. some idiot had locked his keys inside his car… Hummer H3.. brand new… he had to call AAA to get the car open !!! lol

And on exploring trips… with what they are doing in JBR at the moment, u need GPS to get around there now !

You lost me there Sir Jo.

July 9, 2008 at 7:11 am #5342
    quote mhmdyamout:

quote josephleebrown:

You lost me there Sir Jo.

Jumeirah Beach Residence… they change it every time u go down there !

July 9, 2008 at 7:32 am #5348
    quote josephleebrown:

Jumeirah Beach Residence… they change it every time u go down there !

And this is why other clubs play at big red on friday afternoon.

July 9, 2008 at 10:03 am #5355
    quote Ahmed Pervez:

quote desertdude:

Well how bout exploratory trips .I stare and oogle over google maps as there is yet so much territory/desert /tracks that I have yet to explore and I’m sure none if us has completely explored this whole country .

One nice route I can think of which I did ages ago ..sadly dont have the exit point on the GPS n just remember barely by memory ..Take the turnoff right after the rainbow sheiks museum on the way to hameem and drive thru .There is hardly used track there which passes thru very beautiful desert and pops out somewhere along wagan on the border of oman and then u can drive up to alain on tarmac and out .Its atleast 3 to 4 hr drive just on the tracks on good speed and without getting lost :).

I love exploratory trips and ultimate dream is to cross the Rub al Khali by Land ..but thats way far off for now .

I wudnt even mind going to liwa right about now and just do the tracks as its been ages since I’ve been there and miss the landscape .

Anybody has more ideas about exploring this country ,I’m up for it

Come on Ahmed Bhai organise a exploring expedition off the beaten track ,all u have to do is take a close up of google maps and I;m sure ideas will pop into ur head

You are right, there is so much to explore…
    We had five runs to Liwa this year, two with GNFD Marshal Run & the actual drive & then two more,
    It is too hot for Liwa right now, but we will definitely have these once the weather improves.
    Then there is Al’ain, there is some good driving in the Northern Emirates too,
    we could go to Oman…Wahiba sands, Jebel Akhdar, Musandam & a lot of other places.

So yes there is a lot on agenda, as they say…
    so much to explore…so little time…

very nice junaid bhai, we really accept more from you, let us meet again for some other juices not in cafe.

July 9, 2008 at 11:51 am #5356
    quote desertdude:

I dont even look in the general direction of big red on the weekends .Its like a freking fish maket /circus out there .Its like every 4×4 and quad in the 500 mile radius has decended upon it .The whole idea of going to the desert is to get away from the hustle bustle of city life and enjoy the peace and quite .Abiet while doing a little playing around in the dunes aswell.Not to experince it 10 times over as Modded 4×4’s and quads go roaring around circles trying to make up for what they lack in other depts .

Also cant be too good for ur car suspension and other bits as driving over those heavily rutted tracks feels like ur in a coffee grinder.

Yes Saad bhai for sure we need to meet up ( whats wrong with the cafe milco ?)and decide on new routes and trips or routes not heavily used .Something like the last time when we were out .

I’ve seen some nice dunes in rak .That would be a good place to explore for starters .Any more ideas are welcomed .

That’s the exact point…
    Let’s do RAK Dunes in the next couple of weeks and see how things shape up…

July 9, 2008 at 12:18 pm #5357

hmmm… RAK.

May have to detour via Barracuda on the way back for some weird unknown reason.

I like the road *cough cough*

July 9, 2008 at 12:20 pm #5358
    quote desertdude:

I dont even look in the general direction of big red on the weekends .Its like a freking fish maket /circus out there .Its like every 4×4 and quad in the 500 mile radius has decended upon it .The whole idea of going to the desert is to get away from the hustle bustle of city life and enjoy the peace and quite .Abiet while doing a little playing around in the dunes aswell.Not to experince it 10 times over as Modded 4×4’s and quads go roaring around circles trying to make up for what they lack in other depts .

Also cant be too good for ur car suspension and other bits as driving over those heavily rutted tracks feels like ur in a coffee grinder.

Yes Saad bhai for sure we need to meet up ( whats wrong with the cafe milco ?)and decide on new routes and trips or routes not heavily used .Something like the last time when we were out .

I’ve seen some nice dunes in rak .That would be a good place to explore for starters .Any more ideas are welcomed .

….that Cafe Milco only has coffee ? !

July 9, 2008 at 7:24 pm #5360
    quote josephleebrown:

hmmm… RAK.

May have to detour via Barracuda on the way back for some weird unknown reason.

I like the road *cough cough*

unknown reason ????? or drinking???? hehehehe 🙂

July 12, 2008 at 6:43 am #5426

So far:

Driving

It is too hot for Liwa right now.

Al’ain, there is some good driving in the Northern Emirates too

Oman…Wahiba sands (Lovely down there) , Jebel Akhdar, Musandam & a lot of other places.

RAK Dunes

Other

Bowling

Skydiving

Bungee jumping

Shooting _ UAQ ?

Paintball

Karting

Fishing

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.