Tyre Help – Urgent

• Author

Can’t make up my mind whether to get BF Goodrich All Terrain tyres or the Nitto Terra Grapplers although I am open to other suggestions as well.

Secondly, Where the heck do i even get the BFG ALL Terrains? I have looked at a lot of shops and all they have is the Radial Long Trail.

Also, the stock tyre on my car is 265/65R17 and the NITTO’s are available in 265/70R17, i.e. a diameter variation of +3.48%. The maximum reccomended variation is ยฑ2.5% … so should i even look at that?

I need to change my tyre’s ASAP or else i will be banned form the club … :((

Appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.

Tarun/.

February 8, 2009 at 10:55 am #9705

The additional diameter variation is not a real problem,
    it will just give your car a slighty higher gear ratio…you just have to be careful on the Radars, since you may be travelling at an actual higher speed than what the speedo shows.

I do not see any issues with either BFG or Nitto, since both are good.

You have to ascertain your actual intended usage…Highway/ Sand/ Wadi???
    Most branded items have only marginal differences in performance, though my personal preference may be Michelin!!!

February 8, 2009 at 11:09 am #9706

Ahmed bhai, Should i be then looking at the LTX’s?

February 9, 2009 at 5:47 am #9709

There were some issues with LTX on the size with 17″ Rims, If I remember correctly.

If you could get any of these LTX/ Synchrone/ Latitude in 275/70 or 65/R17 combinations, you will be very happy both on/off road.

As will be your co-drivers ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

February 9, 2009 at 6:43 am #9710

Some you might consider for your rig. Dont know available in rim 17. Pls. do check in the market.
    Sorry to add in more confusion.

Dunlop SP RV major :

Dunlop Grandtek TG 28 :

Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S : They are available in Rim 17 for sure.

The above said tyres are economical compared to the price of BFG & Michillen. You can easy get 40-50K kms of life as per your driving style.
    Its a waste spending on BFG AT Ko. While in desert terrain the tyres thread should be round not sqaure, also the thread patterns should be in a straight line for greater floation. Tell me does BFG have any of these features. If you all for the looks then why not go for Copper STT. Atleast they give you better traction when deflated low.

But if you have money then any time go with LTX only, they are available in 265x70xR17, you can get them from Central Trading. But the only issue with these tyres are the side walls are very soft so they tend to pop out easily when defalted.

All the best in hunting

February 10, 2009 at 3:14 am #9714

From my experience, go Siams ๐Ÿ™‚ But theyr’e not available 17″. The locals will recommend you only Siams. Otherwise go LTX. Michelins will also drain your pockets ๐Ÿ˜
    You dont need huge chunks of rubber on sand. You may require them on wadi’s and to improve your looks. ๐Ÿ˜‰

February 10, 2009 at 4:50 am #9719

Thank you all for the feedback.

I have decided to go the Nitto way, I got them at a killer price. Am getting them fitted today evening.

So hopefully, if everything goes to plan, will see you guys soon on a trip.

cheers.

February 16, 2009 at 4:12 am #9824
    quote Tarun:

Thank you all for the feedback.

I have decided to go the Nitto way, I got them at a killer price. Am getting them fitted today evening.

So hopefully, if everything goes to plan, will see you guys soon on a trip.

cheers.

which model of nitto did u get. what price. are they gud for onroad as well?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.